Ander (DayZ)

[DayZMod] The Dayz Statistics thread!

How has the life expectancy risen now that people cannot kill themselves by pressing a button?

Stats request: what's the farthest distance/longest duration someone has crawled with broken legs.

For the love of god, I've been 9 RL hours on my current life with a broken leg.

doing laps around villages in the north hoping for some morphine.

Stats request: what's the farthest distance/longest duration someone has crawled with broken legs.

For the love of god, I've been 9 RL hours on my current life with a broken leg.

doing laps around villages in the north hoping for some morphine.

Fuck dude, Where you at in the north? I'll come sort you out with some morphine. Add me on skype - lex.scrub

There is something weird with the statistics. Right now, they read

Total Walked: 1,066,786,250 km (that's one billion kilometers)

Unique Players: 947,193

That means every player has, on average, walked 1,126 Km.... Doesn't that seem a bit much? One thousand and one hundred kilometers per player?

You have to hit a chicken.

Why did the chicken cross the road? I think this question is now and forever, answered. Plus, why didn't you blow that chicken's brains out?

• Like 2

i've read the thread about 1.000.000 unique players..

how many accounts just played something like 1-2 lives and then quitted?

dayZ only has 950k players so far. at least according to their own website. IGN posted about them reaching 950k though.

Why did the chicken cross the road? I think this question is now and forever, answered. Plus, why didn't you blow that chicken's brains out?

Good question: Not my vid but yeah I would have blown him to shreds after looking at him and saying "motherfucker" lol.

dayZ only has 950k players so far. at least according to their own website. IGN posted about them reaching 950k though.

LOL! Only..... pffffffft. Do you realise how fast we went from 300k to nearly a million now? About a month! That's incredible by any mods standards

People bringing k/d into my favorite military simulator game.

3349-oh-god-why.png

How has the life expectancy risen now that people cannot kill themselves by pressing a button?

The life expectancy will be how it is shown on the front page, because we recently changed it to filter out all stats of characters 5 minutes or below, this put the time from 35 minutes to 49.

That means every player has, on average, walked 1,126 Km.... Doesn't that seem a bit much? One thousand and one hundred kilometers per player?

It is not all that much when you think about it, people do run a lot, driving as well. You relate it to the number of characters its only 52km per char.

How many people are pissed off at the amount of hackers currently plaguing the game?

Also, can i have stats on how many devs actually give a shit?

How many people are pissed off at the amount of hackers currently plaguing the game?

Also, can i have stats on how many devs actually give a shit?

This is very rude, are you just angry because you died to a hacker?

As said over 9000 times, hacking cannot be prevented 100%, especially not by old tech, and further more by a mod. What do you really expect? ArmA 2 was focused on being open, it was a engine to be used, and this is causing it issues in DayZ popularity.

All developers give a shit, but at the end of the day there is absolute nothing the DayZ can really do, hacking has to be treated at a higher level, in the source code of the engine and by BattleEye. They're working hard on it but remember it is NOT their only work, and just because you dont see bans or dont see posts, doesnt mean nothing is happening. Pretty much all developers keep quiet on these subjects.

If you want to know how many people are pissed, you can view the designated forum and work it out. A very small amount of people do get affected out of the amount that play daily. I myself have only been hack killed once.

• Like 9

Can you pull an average life expectancy statistic? No real reason for it, I'm just curious.

It's on the homepage of dayzmod.com

• Like 3

This is very rude, are you just angry because you died to a hacker?

As said over 9000 times, hacking cannot be prevented 100%, especially not by old tech, and further more by a mod. What do you really expect? ArmA 2 was focused on being open, it was a engine to be used, and this is causing it issues in DayZ popularity.

All developers give a shit, but at the end of the day there is absolute nothing the DayZ can really do, hacking has to be treated at a higher level, in the source code of the engine and by BattleEye. They're working hard on it but remember it is NOT their only work, and just because you dont see bans or dont see posts, doesnt mean nothing is happening. Pretty much all developers keep quiet on these subjects.

If you want to know how many people are pissed, you can view the designated forum and work it out. A very small amount of people do get affected out of the amount that play daily. I myself have only been hack killed once.

You are incredibly nieve if you honestly think only a small amount of hackers are online on DayZ, our server alone yesterday was hit around 20 times due to the recent release of the bypass that was made public yesterday.

Don't act like we are also nieve to not be aware of what is happening!!

Even one of your own DayZ Admin team joined the hacking the other day and went public about it,just to show how easy it is, which im sure nearly all the community saw.

Unless the game goes standalone this is not going away, obviously hackers are present on every game and always will be. But this game there at extreme levels due to the nature of the mod and the engine it has been built on.

I am aware that there are other aspects of the game they need to work on, but maybe they should apply more time to the matter of resolving this than giving us fucking bear traps.

There wont be a game in 2 months otherwise...Fact!!

Edited by Audio Rejectz

You are incredibly nieve if you honestly think only a small amount of hackers are online on DayZ, our server alone yesterday was hit around 20 times due to the recent release of the bypass that was made public yesterday.

Don't act like we are also nieve to not be aware of what is happening!!

Even one of your own DayZ Admin team joined the hacking the other day and went public about it,just to show how easy it is, which im sure nearly all the community saw.

Unless the game goes standalone this is not going away, obviously hackers are present on every game and always will be. But this game there at extreme levels due to the nature of the mod and the engine it has been built on.

I am aware that there are other aspects of the game they need to work on, but maybe they should apply more time to the matter of resolving this than giving us fucking bear traps.

There wont be a game in 2 months otherwise...Fact!!

I am not nieve, I know the stats, and my comment was the amount of players who play with legit people vs playing with hacked people is a high ratio, a lot more people get into legit servers and legit situations than those getting into hacked situations.

When updates/bypasses are released, of course it is going to peak then, thats nature of the internet and hacking apps, what do you honestly expect here, also when things get patched by BI/BE it will die down a bit.

The rest of your comment, i do not get what you are talking about. You are just repeating what I said. But then you tend to forget.

Hacking is very difficult to stop by a mod! Get this through your head because it is very important lol.

The MOD and the MOD Team, Rocket, and Developers, add features to the MOD like bear traps, THEY DO NOT work on anti-hack code as much as BI do and BE do. Only Rocket works at BI, and even then he does not work on anti-hack material.

It is NOT the mod being hacked, its Arma 2. Stop thinking the mod can prevent these issues when it comes down to Arma 2 engine and BE.

Please avoid continuing this topic here, PM me if you wish to continue.

• Like 2

I know it is Arma 2 being hacked, hence the reason i said it will not stop until it goes standalone. How some of your comments can be derived from my post is beyond me. Cant be bothered to pm you, your ignorance is boring me now.

Edited by Audio Rejectz

if you realize they can't stop the problem until standalone, then why the fuck are you posting complaining about how mods can't solve the problem

• Like 2

Unique players count you as 1, not every character you've had playing.

So the kms walked covers every single character each of the 947k Unique players have had.

There's no reason for a heat-map. Just walk to the damn location and see if people are there. Half of you want it just to camp the spot anyway. Find it on your own. No reason to give locations away. Stick with K/D's and such.

As for heatmaps: wouldnt that go the same the other way?.

It'd help people know what areas to avoid.

Heatmaps work fine in other games such as EVE Online, I think you guys need to grow a pair ;)

But of course we'll carefully consider before publishing this data.

I had to . . .

*comparing a game where someone can on foot walk across the map in under 2 hours to eve where moving across an NPC controlled territory can take 4 when using one of the fastest ships in the game*

AWyJF.jpg

Whats is the Ratio of Private VS Public hives? If private hives are pulling less stress from the public hive, is that a bad thing? I know you can not collect resources from the private hive (unless there is a way, just tell the owners, i'm sure they will happy install what ever you need to collect data) but you do get the feed back, and personal experance from a Private hive format.