Ander (DayZ)

[DayZMod] The Dayz Statistics thread!

I agree with the people, dont show heat maps of frequented locations.

There are so many locations and having the heat maps and frequencies ruins the whole expierence of the adventure to certain locations.

There is nothing like that fear when you hear a gunshot in a random town your looting that you think no one frequents and is safe...... maybe its quite frequented.

The suspicion and suspense is what keeps me coming back!

Please dont ruin it with peoples curiosity of knowing.

Keep the curiosity of not knowing..... its far more thrilling!

• Like 6

KDR is the last thing that should be encouraged in this mod. Any "intel" based stats should remain unknown.

As for taking this mod seriously, You know what? Yes I am taking it seriously because its the first game to come along in a looooooooooooong time that isn't watered down shit that the modern gaming industry seems intent on spoon feeding the shit for brains masses. I would like ONE DAMN GAME to maintain some sense of mystery and adventure without having to put myself at a disadvantage because of spreadsheet and heat map fuckers. The loot tables were face palm worthy enough.

/end rant

• Like 21

KDR is the last thing that should be encouraged in this mod. Any "intel" based stats should remain unknown.

As for taking this mod seriously, You know what? Yes I am taking it seriously because its the first game to come along in a looooooooooooong time that isn't watered down shit that the modern gaming industry seems intent on spoon feeding the shit for brains masses. I would like ONE DAMN GAME to maintain some sense of mystery and adventure without having to put myself at a disadvantage because of spreadsheet and heat map fuckers. The loot tables were face palm worthy enough.

/end rant

I dont think it really matters what they put, btw you do realise most the information is available online from 3rd partys, and dont pretend half aof you moaning about stats dont use offline maps to navigate that show where loot is.... come on (in Gobs voice).

• Like 2

Do people really think a heatmap will be that revealing...

I mean seriously, every one is freaking out over it but no one has given a solid awnser as to why. It won't reveal player habits because its rings of color on a map.

In short, What are you stupid?

• Like 6

Would love to see an Eve style kills in the last 24 hours map of Chernarus highlighting with a red dot where kills have taken place.

not sure why you people are so afraid of heatmap..Doubt it would expose anything seeing as there are so many different servers to play on..

• Like 1

What weapon has the most Zombie kills' date=' and what weapon has the most player kills?

[/quote']

Yes, do you nick under a certain tag?

Or if you have a full list of your playerIDs pm:ed to me.

Also @ player location map worries.

This data is gathered over a long period of time and would only show a total. I could limit it to "dead" characters and not alive, which will basicly show near where most people died before last save.

There's absolutely no point on the map which is a secret location.

You think you found a really good secret hiding spot nobody else used? Think again ;)

The hotspots are pretty much where you think they are, coast, cities (especially stary), NW airfield.

With less popular spots being the east inland cities.

• Like 2

I would like to know which is most popular. Cola or Pepsi, and how many cans of Beens that have been consumed.

• Like 8

My question is, how many innocent goats and cows have been slaughtered in this horrible massacre D:

And also how many pairs of NVG's have been found.

• Like 1

My question is' date=' how many innocent goats and cows have been slaughtered in this horrible massacre D:

[/quote']

not a single one! They caused this whole mess. None of them were innocent.

• Like 13

.....You think you found a really good secret hiding spot nobody else used? Think again ;) ....

It's not that I think no one else has found them, it's more that the people who have found them are likely to be like minded survivors looking for quiet areas.

Heat maps just make it easy for griefers, snipers and noobs to run straight to those locations looking for easy kills.

As much as I think it would be interesting to see the heat maps, it WILL NOT do anything to help the game and MAY help griefers or cause more problems for the already struggling 'good' survivors.

I would like to see more statistics for the last 24hrs though:

-Murders

-converts from survivors to bandits

-converts from bandits to survivors (if any!!)

-Fires lit

-etc etc

• Like 7

Statistics update:

- Approximately 2.6% of all current survivor and bandits combined have NVGs.

- The distribution of coke and pepsi is pretty even. Approx 30k characters have at least one coke OR pepsi in their inventory. Roughly 23k characters have at least one coke OR pepsi in their backpack. (this may overlap).

Only 521 characters have a mountaindew in their inventory, and 738 have one in their backpack.

As for heatmaps: wouldnt that go the same the other way?.

It'd help people know what areas to avoid.

Heatmaps work fine in other games such as EVE Online, I think you guys need to grow a pair ;)

But of course we'll carefully consider before publishing this data.

• Like 12

- Approximately 2.6% of all current survivor and bandits combined have NVGs.

Heatmaps work fine in other games such as EVE Online' date=' I think you guys need to grow a pair ;)

[/quote']

If loot maps exists then why not heat maps?

Anders, I'd be very interested in the amount of activity taking place outside of the defined Chernarus map.

• Like 4

The main point against a heat map is it will show player's frequented locations. This information should not be given away, it should be something a player observes and builds up over time whilst in-game.

The whole point of the Mod is to create an atmosphere of unknown quantities, the feeling of being alone and needing to explore and find out how to survive.

I agree that there is an abundance of info outside of DayZ and it is up to the individual player to choose to use it or not, but there are no heat maps because that information is only seen by DayZ staff.

The reason the heat map is a bad idea is it will specifically show the locations where players are/have been, even though they are spread over many servers and may have moved, it gives an easy tip to people for places to go, either to kill players, or conversely to empty places, it will work both ways. But this should be found out in-game by traveling and scouting. Even only showing death locations could have a similar effect.

And, actually, there are places on the map that you can survive for weeks in the same location without seeing anybody, even though it puts you at risk by staying in one spot, it is your choice, but that location should not be made public. Yes, nowhere is totally safe, but some places are safer than others.

I know many feel this is not something to bother about, but my gut feeling is that is fundamentally wrong to do it in this type of game scenario.

I agree about the Poll though, see what the community thinks.

• Like 19

Would love to know how many of the vehicles are still working and how many have been blown up on the servers.

Could you make a histogramm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histogram) of the survivors age? By this we could gain hints on why the survivability changes, at least in the long term. Do they die less often early? Do some just live a lot longer?

I am totally interested in age-related mortality rates:

Is there an early peak, related to reaching one of the big citys? A valley after that ... and *bang* a big peak when the survivors grow negligent because they feel safe?

Yes, i always liked statistics (or at least stochastic) ...

• Like 3

Bet you can't tell me why Alice_Packs has grown balls...

Sorry couldn't resist.

• Like 1

There are Mountain Dews? Wow.

Anyways, I think heat map is a good idea, why?

Because yes, It will change things. Think about it.

Do you want to everything stay the same? How boring.

I would like to know how many users play at day servers

and how many at night servers.

How about a worldwide players map? (how many players from each

country or something along those lines).

I would really like to know what is the longest life in DayZ, and who holds the said record.

(*thinks about beating it*)

average amount of people killed in chern/elektro/airports everyday/hour

I think all stats are interesting to people who care about those particular statistics and that balance is key. Perhaps have stats that specifically appeal to either Bandits or Survivors, like most epidurals given or blood transfusions. If possible most 'player saves' (if you kill a zombie or player that was actively harming another player).

Then a bandit table, most murders, least trustworthy (being the person who has shot the most players in the back) or something similar.

(anyone remember dope wars? tryna stay off the records table so you didn't get jumped. was great)

Maybe dressed up as Chernarus hearsay or some type of tavern news on the website. Something that encourages people to push their play style further or commit to them can be positive and I welcome more stats.

I'm either way on heat maps. I can understand why people don't like the feeling, and while you can say there's no place on earth that hasn't already been inhabited, I still don't want someone to be able to google map my crib and it feels a bit like that. Its a game though and the stats don't belong to us just because they're 'ours', so do what you what with them.

• Like 1

9.9% of the vehicles I spawned across thousand serverinstances have been destroyed.

The actual active vehicles is however lower than the total counted, so the percentage of destroyed portion of vehicles out of the active servers is probably higher.