FreshmeatDK

50 Jerrycans?

So, I finally managed to find an ATV on the server I frequent. Kind thoughts to those who parked it in plain sight along with the rest of their vehicles (a sedan and another ATV), just shy of the placed that should not be named.

However, when I took it, it had a whooping 50 jerrycans in its storage, so I kind of suspect duping. So in order to keep my conscience, I'd like to ask how many jerrycans would be a realistic amount to steal from a low grade camp. Then I can dump the rest. I think I have seen around five cans in my career of DayZ, but then again I have not done a lot of industrial raiding.

On a related note, I think that vehicles should despawn if they are not saved for a week. Then, people who are good at hiding them but quits a server will not accidentally deny the rest of us vehicles for life.

Those cans are everywhere... keep as meny as you like, I may have been just someone storage for jerry cans... duped or not who cares about jerry cans.

duped or not who cares about jerry cans.

Well, I do. I loathe cheaters, and I don't want their taint. And while it obviously was their fuel truck, I still think it is suspiciously many.

Jerry Cans are not rare nor are they at all game changing, at least, not in the way an AS50 or an L85A2 AWS is. In fact, it is not unlikely that a player with the determination and the knowledge of where to look could find 50 Jerry Cans in about a day with a little luck if he already has the vehicle. I say keep as many as you like. You only need to worry about your conscience when you come across obviously hacked in items, like AS50 AWS's.

Sriously, killed some arse who had one the other day, and as I have zero interest in sniper rifles (I am a crap shot, people just tend not to notice thanks to full retard mode :P), I figured, "Ah what the hell, let's see what the fuss is about!" So I spent about five minutes popping zeds with it outside of Elektro, scared the piss out of some poor new spawn on the roof of the hospital, then got bored, and used my Alice pack's built in trash compactor to delete it. Seriously though, the scope on that gun takes all the skill out of marksmanship, I actually got bored doing something I normally find quite challenging.

You could easily gather 50 over time by legit play. My first thought would be that these guys have a chopper somewhere which they're driving to and refueling. Probably way off map, but it might be worth trying to follow them, it is a chopper afterall.

Another 10 Jerrycans you can completely fill a chopper =)

Wont take you long to find these.. :P

But sounds like a chopper moblie fuel supply =)

Exactly. Why you'd need more than 1 for a car or ATV is beyond me.

atv holds 50 items, jerry cans only count as one item when in a vehicle/tent (and so do all otehr large items, tents/engine parts/fueltank parts etc) so yeh you could have 50 in an atv.

Exactly. Why you'd need more than 1 for a car or ATV is beyond me.

4 would be exact max number for 1 person when refueling vehicles.

You can spam the refuel xxx and it will dump all 4 can in 5 second or so with only 1 animation. Then refil all jerrycans in 0.1second and repeat.

Again for more people more cans.

ps I wonder what would these vehicles look like when they are full...

50 jerry cans in atv :D

http://hubgarage.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/863027/funny-car-pictures-24_1__detail.jpg

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

On a related note, I think that vehicles should despawn if they are not saved for a week. Then, people who are good at hiding them but quits a server will not accidentally deny the rest of us vehicles for life.

I agree with this totally, on one of the private servers I frequent there is a no stealing cars/items from others rule, but the server went down for about two weeks and I have not seen barely anyone on since, at the same time the only vehicle I came across was a bus on Klen?Klem?Klien? XD but it was an obvious camp set up to get the ATV, I have been across the entire map to vehicle spawn points but found nothing, it feels like someone has got on and hoarded every other vehicle before the downtime and they have not been back since...

Well, I do. I loathe cheaters, and I don't want their taint. And while it obviously was their fuel truck, I still think it is suspiciously many.

I found one farm with several full cans last night. Gathering 50 is no big deal.

You have an ATV with INFINITE FUEL. You'll probably die before you run it out of gas the first time though.

Back before everything seemed to accidentally dupe itself I had (I think) 18 or so jerries in our camp. They're surprisingly common if you keep an eye out for them.

You wouldn't download 50 jerry cans. Even if they were duped or hacked in, chances are you wont ever need more then 2-3 at a time with the amount of refilling areas there are.

With the new bug everytime you logout you need to refill your vehicle so a few extra cans would come in handy.

I know me and 4 mates with 2 ATVs managed to round up 20 jerry cans within 1hour. 50 over a few days would be easy enough