wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

Hey Guys,

I've put the side chat back on for a bit, I wasn't aware that the old issue of tents not appearing on restart was back, bugger >:(

I'll tweak the restart script, please report if it happens again Phil.

I've read that the Standalone will support private servers, which is great news :P as I fully intend to keep the Wireworld Server alive for another 12 month contract at least.

Kind regards

Mac

• Like 1

Yea sometimes after restarting the server vehicles and tents just dont spawn in, another restart of the server fixes this easily.

I really like how loaded the server was yesterday after seeing so many days of max 5 players online.

• Like 1

I really like how loaded the server was yesterday after seeing so many days of max 5 players online.

Side chat appeals to a lot of players as I've been saying for a long time...

• Like 1

Updating to 1.7.7 Pre Release - Server will be down for a couple of hours :D

Mac

Server updated to 1.7.7 Pre Release... Install link in our TS3 Channel

Many thanks to R4Z0R49 for the Pre-release Code.

Kind regards and see you on the server

Mac

Edited by wireworld

Mac, remember you can edit the title of the thread to reflect the above changes, by editing the first post in the full editor.

People might join to play v177 a bit early, and having the version in the title might catch their eye.

Personally I'd remove the 'test server' part, since we haven't really been doing that for a while.

As far as I understand it, from what you've said, the v177 we've now got is the public release anyway, just earlier.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 1

Is there a change log for 1.7.7 yet?

Only new things I noticed last night were:

Some zombies spawn in dead (I just thought I was being followed by some sneaky hatchet bandit)

Machetes aren't like gold dust anymore

There's a plane on the server?

Booooooooooooooring :<

Yep, only five players online. The server population does come and go in small waves.

The last time it went down to 5 players in the evenings, I started replying to posts in the forums where people were looking for groups/clans or good servers. Not spamming, but making helpful replies. I also started a couple of polemic threads about the development of v176, and tried to make people aware that they could test the beta on Mac's server.

By the time I had done about 15 posts, within a couple of weeks the server was up to 35-40 players per night. That could have just been coincidental, but it might be worth pro-actively advertising the server again anyway, to see if we can get numbers back up.

I'll make a start:

looking-for-groupclan (post #4)

what-happened-to-dayz (post #4)

people-seeing-my-vehicle-on-the-map (post #8)

looking-for-a-team (post #7)

thinking-of-starting-a-hero-group-uk (post #4)

is-using-teamspeak-cheating (post #121)

longest-gone-without-seeing-a-player (post #6)

looking-for-server (post #2)

cant-enter-a-server-bad-version (post #5)

I'd encourage other Wireworld players to do this if you want to see numbers rise. Remember: helpful posts - don't spam.

Papa also set-up a 'fast track' whitelisting post which you can link to.

Edit: I noticed shortly after your post Infy, that there were 18 regulars on. That's not too bad.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 2

Yesterday I witnessed a guy getting eaten about 300m away, and he had a Czech backpack that I wanted.

Since his body was in the open, I dropped my backpack in the trees. I could see it laying on the ground.

Then I ran to him, took the Czech, and ran back to cover. But when I returned, my backpack was gone.

I haven't seen the 'disappearing backpack' bug for a long time, and usually it disappears immediately,

whereas mine was definitely on the ground for at least ten seconds.

Was it a bug, a 'clean up' script running, or a game mechanic?

If it was a game mechanic, does anyone know the rules for leaving stuff on the ground?

Thanks.

Edited by Anti

Yesterday I witnessed a guy getting eaten about 300m away, and he had a Czech backpack that I wanted.

Since his body was in the open, I dropped my backpack in the trees. I could see it laying on the ground.

Then I ran to him, took the Czech, and ran back to cover. But when I returned, my backpack was gone.

I haven't seen the 'disappearing backpack' bug for a long time, and usually it disappears immediately,

whereas mine was definitely on the ground for at least ten seconds.

Was it a bug, a 'clean up' script running, or a game mechanic?

If it was a game mechanic, does anyone know the rules for leaving stuff on the ground?

Thanks.

Hey Phil, this is a new bug in 1.7.7, it's been reported to the devs,.. love you posts m8! :beans: :beans: :beans: 4 u

I'll be back on the server soon, guys. Just waiting for a decent broadband connection to be installed in my new home on the South coast..

Brighton, not Electro.

• Like 1

Any 1.7.7 bugs should be reported here

Please mention you're testing on GB Wireworld when posting thanks chaps.

Mac

Hello Wireworld,

We're about 9-11 people from Denmark in the age of 18-20.

We're not all settet yet, but no matter what: we're bandits.

We think we can add a little extra action in your server, since you can try to find our camps.

What do you think?

- Prelon

Btw.. We kill on sight.

Edited by Prelon

Check out the original post by Mac.

You and your group need to join the server to get kicked by the whitelist software. Once you have done that, email macwireworld@gmail.com with your ingame name, the rough time you tried to join and a little info about yourselves.

Papa

Hello Wireworld,

We're about 9-11 people from Denmark in the age of 18-20.

We're not all settet yet, but no matter what: we're bandits.

We think we can add a little extra action in your server, since you can try to find our camps.

What do you think?

- Prelon

Btw.. We kill on sight.

As long as you don't hack youre welcome.... BUMP

15 players from three squads are on right at this moment, which is the minimum it takes to make things interesting.

If you want to play on a top-notch almost-vanilla server, get whitelisted now.

• Like 1

Player numbers are on the rise again - Keep up the good work guys and spread the love! BUMP