wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

Ohgreen,

Im talking here with double standards on people problems. I was killed instantly on their complain, without consulting with me. On my complain their relog is normal, nevermind what major of community thinks.

I see what you mean, I believe you're correct in being annoyed in this situation.

They shouldn't have logged back in and killed you, that's combat logging. They should've logged out and contacted you to say they had a bug and have had to log out.

Whoever that was out of the BABO group should be killed by admin.

Double post

Edited by biss

Also i forgot to mention, first time i talk with admin on this server(when i started to play this game) , he provided me information that are two choppers not taken by players. At that time i didnt think that is a big deal, but after more problems that happened to me and other guys, i see that is too much. If he gave me that on first glance, im worried what he or other admins telling other players and how they using that.

If he gave me that on first glance, im worried what he or other admins telling other players and how they using that.

I'm not sure how often the admins look at the database - I hope only when they're trying to fix a character or a spawn issue. However, I'm quite confident that they don't have the type of 'backend' GUI that some server hosts provide, which allows you to see the positions and movements of all the players, vehicles and tents. They are only able to look at the raw SQL database tables as far as I know, which are quite difficult to use for cheating purposes.

Basically on any server, it comes down to trusting the admins. If you don't trust them, then the only option open to you is to find another server. I will say this though...

I've played alone for the last six months on Wireworld. I don't have an affiliation to anyone and have 'hooked up' from time to time with many different groups throughout that period to relieve the loneliness and boredom which comes with playing alone. Very often (if a group lets me), I'll just sit in a TS channel simply listening to them play whilst mostly doing my own thing.

The current admins have also been on the server all that time too, and I've spent over 200 hours in various TS channels with them. In my experience they have a lot of fun and are as fair as you can be in this glitchy game. They usually try to play DayZ as it is supposed to be played - repairing vehicles, pitching tents, collecting gear, using all of the map - not just ambushing people at hotspots (although they do a lot of that too). Their kill/death ratios are within normal bounds, considering they are experienced PvP players.

I trust these admins to try to do the right thing. I also acknowledge that issues are rarely black and white, and that their decisions cannot please everyone. I don't expect the admins to spend hours pouring through logs or interviewing players for their sides of the story. If an issue can't be verified in fifteen minutes, then they just have to go with their gut feeling which may be biased or even plain wrong. But I'm absolutely certain that it's not deliberate or malicious, which is one reason why this is my favourite server.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 2

Oh BTW, could the clans pitch more tents and fill them full of guns and NVGs, please.

I ran around in the woods for a couple of hours yesterday and didn't find anything.

I am very disappoint.

I'm not sure how often the admins look at the database - I hope only when they're trying to fix a character or a spawn issue. However, I'm quite confident that they don't have the type of 'backend' GUI that some server hosts provide, which allows you to see the positions and movements of all the players, vehicles and tents. They are only able to look at the raw SQL database tables as far as I know, which are quite difficult to use for cheating purposes.

Basically on any server, it comes down to trusting the admins. If you don't trust them, then the only option open to you is to find another server. I will say this though...

I've played alone for the last six months on Wireworld. I don't have an affiliation to anyone and have 'hooked up' from time to time with many different groups throughout that period to relieve the loneliness and boredom which comes with playing alone. Very often (if a group lets me), I'll just sit in a TS channel simply listening to them play whilst mostly doing my own thing.

The current admins have also been on the server all that time too, and I've spent over 200 hours in various TS channels with them. In my experience they have a lot of fun and are as fair as you can be in this glitchy game. They usually try to play DayZ as it is supposed to be played - repairing vehicles, pitching tents, collecting gear, using all of the map - not just ambushing people at hotspots (although they do a lot of that too). Their kill/death ratios are within normal bounds, considering they are experienced PvP players.

I trust these admins to try to do the right thing. I also acknowledge that issues are rarely black and white, and that their decisions cannot please everyone. I don't expect the admins to spend hours pouring through logs or interviewing players for their sides of the story. If an issue can't be verified in fifteen minutes, then they just have to go with their gut feeling which may be biased or even plain wrong. But I'm absolutely certain that it's not deliberate or malicious, which is one reason why this is my favourite server.

Big bump...

Whats going on with the server? Where are all the players?

No idea. Recent fall-outs? Easter holidays? Arma III?

Since no-one was on late this evening I went looking for tents/vehicles again. Just like last night, I didn't find anything.

Except after three hours running around North and West I saw a hatchback near Lopatino.

I got in to check the gear - nothing in it. I got out and the tree killed me. >:(

I'm really not enjoying DayZ much any more, and don't know whether I can be bothered to gear-up again after such a stupid death. I've got some guns in a tent, but the thought of trying to get NVGs, matches, compass and ghillie again... no thanks. The devs have made the loot spawns too crappy and the crash-sites too hard to find; it's too much hard-work now to get good gear. I've got far better things to do with my time than loot-cycle for three hours, and not even get a tent, compass or matches.

Maybe the server is less full because v1761 is too difficult and not as fun as it used to be?

Or maybe I just don't have any patience left.

I noticed 700 servers have shut-down in the last few weeks though.

Edited by Anti

Since no-one was on late this evening I went looking for tents/vehicles again. Just like last night, I didn't find anything.

Except after three hours running around North and West I saw a hatchback near Lopatino.

I got in to check the gear - nothing in it. I got out and the tree killed me. >:(

I'm really not enjoying DayZ much any more, and don't know whether I can be bothered to gear-up again after such a stupid death. I've got some guns in a tent, but the thought of trying to get NVGs, matches, compass and ghillie again... no thanks. The devs have made the loot spawns too crappy and the crash-sites too hard to find; it's too much hard-work now to get good gear. I've got far better things to do with my time than loot-cycle for three hours, and not even get a tent, compass or matches.

Maybe the server is less full because v1761 is too difficult and not as fun as it used to be?

Anti...you sound discouraged. To be honest with you, I understand how you feel. Where is the anticipation that we once felt when it came to getting on to the server to see what has changed since you last played? Well, there are certain reasons the excitement is a bit stagnant.

1. Too much drama.

2. Too little trust in the admins.

3. The lack of players on our server who have forgotten why DayZ is so cool.

I certainly have my thoughts on what things can be done to improve the situation. But as you so eloquently put in one of your previous posts, we really don't have a dog in the hunt. Mac and crew make the best decisions they can based on the current they have at the time. I think they do an excellent job given the time they have available to monitor the server... I would say they are very fair.

Are there holes to be exploited? Yes, of course. With that said, what has made Mac's server so fun to play has been the individual player. You and me for example. It is up to us, we who have been given Mac's trust to play righteously.....the way the game is meant to be played. There are written rules and there are unwritten rules. We all know them by now. We should all follow them. Each time you exploit something in the game to gain an advantage, you cheapen the server. Each and every time.

Fundamentally, what has made Mac's server so fun to play are the people who occupy the Wireworld Chernarus. With the gangs of whiners and recent mishaps, which were probably just coincidental, the landscape's color and fun has been sucked dry. Wireworld, just like Austin Powers, may have lost its mojo.

Time for a new era on Wireworld. An era of righteousness & fair play.....where the survivor rules...and the bandit is forced to the heal of our righteous boot.

***ENVISION I LOOK LIKE MEL GIBSON WITH LONG HAIR AND BLUE, STRIPED PAINT ON MY FACE....

"Who is with me?! Who is with me?!"

<p>

Also i forgot to mention, first time i talk with admin on this server(when i started to play this game) , he provided me information that are two choppers not taken by players. At that time i didnt think that is a big deal, but after more problems that happened to me and other guys, i see that is too much. If he gave me that on first glance, im worried what he or other admins telling other players and how they using that.

I would not read too much into that.The admins are merely being helpful.They have been times when I have been on TS with the admins about one issue or another with the server.They will usually check the database and tell you what is happening by elaborating in more detail.....just to reassure everything is OK.There is nothing sinister about all that.In my personal experiences with the admins on Wireworld, all of them are on the level.I believe your misgivings stem from unhappiness with your incident with the Babo Clan.To be frank, I think you are taking it too personally with everyone.Infy and the rest of the Babo have been with Wireworld a long time and I consider them a welcomed and important presence.Certainly, many people come and go but the ones who stay and build themselves a home here, they get along well with everyone and they do not make waves.I never heard the guy complain even once when I was at Wireworld. I guess Germans tend to be a bit more stoic about adversity.Seriously, if I had been in your position, I will be happy with the outcome of that firefight.You were one guy totally outnumbered and went up against the Babo Clan who had air support.And you took down their chopper and killed a bunch of their guys.Statistically you were not even meant to have a chance against those kind of odds.It is no small thing to have gone as far as you did.So do not let self-entitlement ruin an otherwise memorable occasion.To Infy's credit, he did hold out an Olive Branch to smooth out any misunderstanding and he did offer you back all your gear and hoping to shake hands.Be magnanimous about it, man. It was a good fight. They showed grace in the end and its commendable.I would have shaken their hands instead of burning bridges. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Cactus
  • Like 1

Perhaps you should change your play style, I can't imagine how terribly dull it must be to wander round looking for tents.

FYI - most, if not all tents, will now be hidden in rocks or buildings so your wandering round aimlessly is going to be 99% fruitless.

Anti...you sound discouraged

I think the main thing is that the game dynamics have changed. Tactics which used to work for me, and were enjoyable, aren't as rewarding or efficient as they used to be, and I haven't really found a new approach that I enjoy. It's also maddening that I've lost much, much more gear to database wipes and glitches than by being shot at; there just doesn't seem to be any point in trying to be a scavenger/survivor any more.

Perhaps you should change your play style, I can't imagine how terribly dull it must be to wander round looking for tents.

The problem for me is that I only get an adrenaline rush when I come across players unexpectedly after a period of quiet monotony. If I jump in a car with some guys and actively go looking for players in the usual hot spots, then I may as well be playing America's Army - I just don't get the same thrill from doing that. I also then regret recklessly losing my gear (because I usually die during PvP). But you're right - sneaking around covertly has also become extremely dull since v175, even when the server was busy.

Apart from all that, I've got real-life pressures which make me doubt whether I should be spending any of my spare time so frivolously anyway. I've only been playing 30 minutes every other night recently - it's only because of the Easter holiday that I was able to put in some more hours; it's just a pity that I didn't enjoy them much.

I never mentioned grouping up and driving round in cars looking for other players.

There's any number of ways to play this game, I didn't always shoot everything on sight. If I was you I'd discover the confounding factor that loot isn't everything, it's how you play and how you achieve that adrenaline rush. Interact with players, lay traps, create a party bus, stick a tent in Elektro full of guns when the server is busy, suicide bomb in a chopper, chase people with hatchets, be a dick and DMR shop kids in Elektro from the sniper hill.

Just remember that it's a game, losing gear is fine.

The most entertaining thing I've ever done on DayZ is kidnapping.

Knock a guy out, bandage him and load him into a car. It's brilliant until they wake up and start stealing your guns from your backpacks or car!

• Like 1

Anti...you sound discouraged. To be honest with you, I understand how you feel. Where is the anticipation that we once felt when it came to getting on to the server to see what has changed since you last played? Well, there are certain reasons the excitement is a bit stagnant.

1. Too much drama.

I certainly have my thoughts on what things can be done to improve the situation. But as you so eloquently put in one of your previous posts, we really don't have a dog in the hunt. Mac and crew make the best decisions they can based on the current they have at the time. I think they do an excellent job given the time they have available to monitor the server... I would say they are very fair.

Are there holes to be exploited? Yes, of course. With that said, what has made Mac's server so fun to play has been the individual player. You and me for example. It is up to us, we who have been given Mac's trust to play righteously.....the way the game is meant to be played. There are written rules and there are unwritten rules. We all know them by now. We should all follow them. Each time you exploit something in the game to gain an advantage, you cheapen the server. Each and every time.

Fundamentally, what has made Mac's server so fun to play are the people who occupy the Wireworld Chernarus. With the gangs of whiners and recent mishaps, which were probably just coincidental, the landscape's color and fun has been sucked dry. Wireworld, just like Austin Powers, may have lost its mojo.

Time for a new era on Wireworld. An era of righteousness & fair play.....where the survivor rules...and the bandit is forced to the heal of our righteous boot.

***ENVISION I LOOK LIKE MEL GIBSON WITH LONG HAIR AND BLUE, STRIPED PAINT ON MY FACE....

We left because certain people who played on wireworld got certain privileges.

1. Too much drama.

Oh so many words so little space. For what have you lined your righteous boot with this time? Shall we crusade across these foreign lands in search for our holy relic the undetected bypass, the last time you found a false idol. You may then deal swift justice to any heretic who questions your virtue without fear of retribution.

You make a lot of fuss about being "righteous" but I guess that is to be expected from someone who thinks they have done nothing wrong. Being righteous does NOT mean you are taking the correct course.

Anywho, had a lot of fun on the Wireworld server there have been problems and it looks like some issues have been sorted. Especially had some good fights with Babo still don't believe Infy didn't kill me in that bush. ;)

Edited by Dasky

... so after Chris' encouraging words, I logged in last night, got some starter gear from one of my five tents and went to bed. This morning I logged on again, visited another of my tents, then quickly found a crash-site and got a DMR and some night vision ten minutes before server restart. I was thinking, maybe this isn't such a bad game after all.

After restart, I went to put the DMR in a tent, but they're all gone!

Hubert said the NWA tents and vehicles have disappeared too.

Hopefully they'll return on the next restart (Tuesday afternoon)!?

If not, I'm definitely done with this stupid mod!

Edited by Anti

The tents have disappeared or the DMR and NVGs have?

I'm aware that inventory items take a while to register in the database, therefore logging out shortly after picking up an item will lose it. But this is to combat duping, so it's needed and just something you will learn to deal with, the same as jumping off a cliff kills you so you don't do it.

As for tents disappearing, I'm not too sure. I don't personally feel it necessary to hoard any more so have very little interaction with tents. Tents are obviously a record in the database so asking Papa or Mac should shed some light.

Still got the NVG and DMR. It's the tents and vehicles that did not spawn in.

I've seen this happen before, months ago, on much earlier versions of the mod.

Sometimes the tents/vehicles sometimes came back after another restart.

But I bet Mac has to roll back the server to an earlier time and I start off back at the coast again, without the NVG and DMR!

I don't personally feel it necessary to hoard any more

You're a good player though. I'm not. It takes me weeks to accumulate what you get in a few hours. Which is why I spend so much time setting myself up with spares of everything and try to avoid dangerous situations.

Edited by Anti

Vehicles and tents returned after the next restart.

Not sure if any admin intervention was necessary, but the server doesn't appear to have been rolled back.

Server's busy again tonight after a few quiet days, and there appears to be nine brand new players online at the moment.

Great to see new blood (hopefully literally)!

Thank you for side chat.

The new players I presume are at the shop Phil.

• Like 1