wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

i'm sorry we do not have any evidence that there isn't funny business going on with the group the "Admin" plays with, other than the groups saying so.. aye right, dead on..

Well, if you don't trust the admins, who can you trust?....Calibre, if that is how you feel, leave and play on another server. No one is forcing you to stay. If you enjoy the server...just play.

My advice to everyone based on experience. Just shut-up and play. Go have some fun.

Bounty Hunter: You need to read the first post on this thread. It will provide you the instructions to get whitelisted. TS3 = Teamspeak 3. You will have fun. It is competitive so bring your friends or make friends fast. You'll need them to survive.

Hi everyone, I just want to clear some stuff up before we all move along.

First point; our individual actions and views does in no way represent those of the group. We're just a bunch of people playing together.

Secondly; we, as a group, NEVER called anyone a hacker, cheater or anything of the sorts. We had suspicions, we acted out on those by trying to ask questions and were denied answers. A straight answer would've solved the whole situation and hurt neither parties involved. A few days before the incident on the cap we were blatantly lied to and I suppose that made many of us a bit paranoid. So basically, it comes down to trust issues.

The last point is that we did search for the bugs and initially found squat. I finally found info about the flammable backpacks on a German forum last night and I now believe everything's alright there. What I've been wondering is why, if you knew about this bug, you didn't just tell us. We later came in contact with Papa and he obviously didn't know of it. It doesn't seem a common nor well-known bug to me.

Finally, DayZ, the Internet and the world is full of lies and while I think we don't have to go all Spanish Inquisition on everyone there is merit to a bit of criticism. Admins have got a lot of power and there are numerous reports of abuse on other servers. In a perfect world admins would be satisfied not playing on their own server since it's too hard not to act on the information given. That said, I do hope that everyone stays on the narrow path and that all this is just paranoia.

The above are my own personal thoughts and mine alone.

Anyone not currently a player on Wireworld should immediately try to get whitelisted. It is by far the greatest way to enjoy DayZ. The time I've been playing here has been the absolute best I've had in DayZ.

Sincerely,

Aron

Edited by FoxHoundSWE
  • Like 1

Well, if you don't trust the admins, who can you trust?....Calibre, if that is how you feel, leave and play on another server. No one is forcing you to stay. If you enjoy the server...just play.

My advice to everyone based on experience. Just shut-up and play. Go have some fun.

Bounty Hunter: You need to read the first post on this thread. It will provide you the instructions to get whitelisted. TS3 = Teamspeak 3. You will have fun. It is competitive so bring your friends or make friends fast. You'll need them to survive.

I'm interested to know why you are so invested in this thread as you were banned for cheating by battleye. Surely it's none of your concern unless of course you're playing under another name & cd-key.

Andy, as much as you may have above 0 humanity you're still joint first on survivor kills - bandit in sheep's clothing. I will happily admit that I've shot at people without being sure they were a bandit, ghillie suits and camo make that difficult. But with player lists and group numbers you can make a good guess. I've been shot plenty of times by people after they said they were friendly.

I was very disappointed when Papa didn't get back to me. I had a genuine concern even if it may have been misguided. We had a few strange nights and it's just culminated with the rare bugs we've not experienced in sequence along the coast.

Edited by Dasky

Well said Aron.

I'm not going to discuss any more allegations of suspicious behaviour on the server, if you're that paranoid then leave.

People can play as they like, if you shoot on sight or not that makes no difference. It's a game.

You lot will destroy this server.

Seriously whining ,moaning and accusing people of cheating and generally acting like dicks. Imagine what new potential players think of the server when they read this crap.

But that's fine for you lot, you pay nothing for the server you have 0 vested interest in it working.

Mac whos server this is busts a nut to make it work and try to create a community around it and make it successful. Poor bloke turns his back for a week to have a major operation and you all kick off. /golf clap

Hows about you grow up and stop acting like children. If you have a problem email mac.

• Like 1

OK, so moving on. Due to the large amount of vehicles spawning around berezino these days, I have so far, added in 12 new spawn locations around the map, with the intention of adding more when time allows. This will hopefully mix up the gameplay a wee bit.

I have also added in a few new vehicles, one of my favourites being:

MwbFyiK.jpg

Stay tuned for proper random damage on all new vehicles as well.

• Like 2

You lot will destroy this server.

Seriously whining ,moaning and accusing people of cheating and generally acting like dicks. Imagine what new potential players think of the server when they read this crap.

But that's fine for you lot, you pay nothing for the server you have 0 vested interest in it working.

Mac whos server this is busts a nut to make it work and try to create a community around it and make it successful. Poor bloke turns his back for a week to have a major operation and you all kick off. /golf clap

Hows about you grow up and stop acting like children. If you have a problem email mac.

Well said Messy - Beans for you :beans: :beans:

Anyway, I'm back, feeling reasonably well but sore, and I hope to be a lot more active with the server from today... B)

Lets all take a deep breath and remember what it's like to play DayZ on the official hive, with all the hackers, spawned in weapons and all the crap that goes with it. Remember why we all stopped playing DayZ Official Hive? I do.

GB Wireworld may not be perfect, and we have had a fair bit of drama in the last 4 weeks, but it's still the place I want to play DayZ. If you don't like GB Wireworld you're very free to play somewhere else... If you do want to play here all I ask of you all is that you play fair and understand that issues between groups and players will happen and that it takes time to sort. Be patient and keep the faith...

Thanks to Papa for all his hard work too..

Mac

Edited by wireworld
  • Like 2

Glad it all went well Mac!

Just as a warning to you all if I find the police car, I will be found driving round Chernarus playing Roxanne by 'The Police' and chasing the crims with my sirens blaring through direct comms.

• Like 1

I'd just like to add all issues have been resolved by Papa following a long chat between me and him last night. It's a shame this couldn't have been resolved more gracefully. We look forward to joining the server again after a little break to let the air cool.

I'd recommend that new players take the effort to join the server it's a good vanilla(ish) DayZ experience. There's always going to be disputes on any server it just adds to the drama. :)

Edited by Dasky
  • Like 1

[Hopes Papa doesn't hose the database whilst editing it]

• Like 2

BUT, which of you guys landed the huey just west of Zelenogorsk a couple of dayz ago? :)

Hey all on the server!!

We are a group of 6 people playing on your server and just wanted to say hello :)

Our "clan" name is fuA and we are here to have fun a kill a couple of bandits!

We are from Denmark and if u need to talk to us ingame feel free to poke us on TS!

Happy Hunting

Best regards FuA

• Like 1

BUT, which of you guys landed the huey just west of Zelenogorsk a couple of dayz ago? :)

But which of you guys landed south of Veresnik hill ;).

• Like 1

OK, so moving on. Due to the large amount of vehicles spawning around berezino these days, I have so far, added in 12 new spawn locations around the map, with the intention of adding more when time allows. This will hopefully mix up the gameplay a wee bit.

I have also added in a few new vehicles, one of my favourites being:

MwbFyiK.jpg

Stay tuned for proper random damage on all new vehicles as well.

Need an ambulance for the Guglovo Private Hospital please! :)

Edited by CH0PP3R

But which of you guys landed south of Veresnik hill ;).

Hubert. We had to repair our main rotor fast as hell after we got hit and then I failed to shoot you down with the MG :) We lost both the huey and the hummer that day, and I ran up and was killed immediately twice. But hey, that whole thing was great. It felt like people came in from everywhere :)

Edited by TORSKEN

Hubert. We had to repair our main rotor fast as hell after we got hit and then I failed to shoot you down with the MG :) We lost both the huey and the hummer that day, and I ran up and was killed immediately twice. But hey, that whole thing was great. It felt like people came in from everywhere :)

Well I know TSaC and BABO were there :). I said hello to Infy and Faffy just before server restart.

Does anybody know about a bug where sniper rifles disappear? I've logged out with an M107 and CZ50 and both have vanished out of my hands when I log back in.

Ta!

Does anyone know who 'Tickle' is?

I had a suspicious death tonight.

[EDIT: Talked with Tickle, and he says it wasn't him. Seems like a nice guy BTW - visits Wireworld sometimes].

Edited by Anti

Anyway, I'm back, feeling reasonably well but sore, and I hope to be a lot more active with the server from today... B)

Mac

Hi Mac. Good to hear from you. I am glad you are on the mend.

Sadly, I will have to call it quits with GB Wireworld.

For the past week, my pings on the server have consistently skyrocketed to 390 to 400+ triggering an autokick. It was in the 190s to low 200s before this given my location in Asia. Now, there are short spells of 300 when I can rejoin but too few and far in between. I do not know what has changed. Perhaps the server routing ?

Nevertheless, I enjoyed my time on the server from Day 01. It is a great bunch of guys with the servers veterans, in particular, standing out for their friendly rapport, quiet efficiency in getting things done, and playing the game as it should.

To name a few of the luninaries :- Papa, Chris, Barry Bandit and their group of BigBadBeanBandits, Airmessy, Phil, the Germans of the [babo] Clan with Infy & Faffy, the NWA group and, while it lasted, my time running with Capn America. Thanks for saving my butt with that medical run in the Huey after I broke my leg.

I enjoyed sharing the server with you all.

To all the potential members who are currently sitting on the sidelines, let me reassure you all that GB Wireworld is made up of a backbone of vets (some of whom I have already mentioned} and hands-on mods who will continue to administer the server properly and remain a persistent presence.

From time to time, GB will have a turnover of new intakes.

The majority will stay and enjoy their time here.

The ones that don't are the loud and obnoxious prima donnas...new guys that join the server and start complaining about anything and everything. They are a temporary presence and not the first time we have seen them. Unlike the vets, the prima donnas never stay long with the server nor contribute anything constructive to the core server community. Most of these prima donnas leave after a short stint to continue their carreers as foghorns on shipdecks...because they have big noisy mouths. :D

If things permit, during short lulls when the pings are playable, I will come into the server and clear out my tents and leave as small a footprint before signing off. I have a new home in another Private Hive.

Thanks for having me onboard and may GB Wireworld live long and prosper.

• Like 3

[Hopes Papa doesn't hose the database whilst editing it]

Let's face it, it will happen eventually

Does anybody know about a bug where sniper rifles disappear? I've logged out with an M107 and CZ50 and both have vanished out of my hands when I log back in.

Ta!

This server is a "No 50cals" server, so the M107 isn't meant to spawn. However, due to an error by the dev's it can. We combat this by kindly replacing it at a restart with a gun we feel is its equal .. the Lee Enfield.

As for the CZ550, this could have just been a server lag issue. Occasionally the server is not updating the inventories in time, which means some items may be lost. I believe this is an issue the devs are working on fixing.

Edited by Papa

Hi Mac. Good to hear from you. I am glad you are on the mend.

Sadly, I will have to call it quits with GB Wireworld.

For the past week, my pings on the server have consistently skyrocketed to 390 to 400+ triggering an autokick. It was in the 190s to low 200s before this given my location in Asia. Now, there are short spells of 300 when I can rejoin but too few and far in between. I do not know what has changed. Perhaps the server routing ?

Nevertheless, I enjoyed my time on the server from Day 01. It is a great bunch of guys with the servers veterans, in particular, standing out for their friendly rapport, quiet efficiency in getting things done, and playing the game as it should.

To name a few of the luninaries :- Papa, Chris, Barry Bandit and their group of BigBadBeanBandits, Airmessy, Phil, the Germans of the [babo] Clan with Infy & Faffy, the NWA group and, while it lasted, my time running with Capn America. Thanks for saving my butt with that medical run in the Huey after I broke my leg.

I enjoyed sharing the server with you all.

To all the potential members who are currently sitting on the sidelines, let me reassure you all that GB Wireworld is made up of a backbone of vets (some of whom I have already mentioned} and hands-on mods who will continue to administer the server properly and remain a persistent presence.

From time to time, GB will have a turnover of new intakes.

The majority will stay and enjoy their time here.

The ones that don't are the loud and obnoxious prima donnas...new guys that join the server and start complaining about anything and everything. They are a temporary presence and not the first time we have seen them. Unlike the vets, the prima donnas never stay long with the server nor contribute anything constructive to the core server community. Most of these prima donnas leave after a short stint to continue their carreers as foghorns on shipdecks...because they have big noisy mouths. :D

If things permit, during short lulls when the pings are playable, I will come into the server and clear out my tents and leave as small a footprint before signing off. I have a new home in another Private Hive.

Thanks for having me onboard and may GB Wireworld live long and prosper.

Cactus was you the one with zigzag that fooled us with the tent up at Skalka ? That we ran around searching for for 10 mins and you sat looking att us as zig keept feeding us lies about it on TS ? That must have been so funny, sad to see you have to stop, that was one of the best tricks I've encounterd and we we're thinking one of you sat there watching us and recroding to make a Benny Hill video of us running around :P but still we contiunied greedy as we were :P

And as usual big ups to Mac, Papa and Jack they do great work.

Forgot to mention, check the TS channel "JSRS: WORKING (kind-of) 20/3/13" for an update on the JSRS sound mod

• Like 2