rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

YES

Though Rocket, I think perhaps you should make more varied spawns that don't consist of only the coast. If people were spawning in random locations then the bandits won't have a target for the previously mentioned "free loot".

Sure they may come across some poor dude with no weapon eventually but I mean, shit happens.

Yes.

More pressure to actually survive rather than run to a town on shore and shoot the first survivor seen.

NO

Unless you plan on increasing the spawns and regularity of the Makarov and it's mags, then sure.

Otherwise Elektro/Cherno is going to be overrun by defenseless players sprinting around trying to find a weapon. And seriously, how many times do you find a weapon in a small house in a small town like Komarovo (Next to Balota). I rarely find weapons in these kinds of houses. And considering 70% of houses in a small village/town are locked, how the hell are you gonna stand any chance if you don't spawn next to Cherno/Elecktro?

And no, I don't wanna see a clusterfuck of unarmed players sprinting around Cherno "aggroing" all the zombies in my vicinity.

Have any of the people who believe this actually played this Mod? For the guy who needs beans its an invitation to spawn camp. in two weeks ive run across excatly two players who didnt shoot me in the back after droping food for them and leaving. I was no threat. I died.

Have you read this thread? They won't HAVE beans.

Yes i have, just not every post. If by saying "spawning without a weapon" you mean Spawn with nothing id vote yes. But the just no weapon idea, IMO, whould need something with it to stop spawn rape.

NO.

Overall I say no' date=' however...

I have always hated in MMO's or really any video game for that matter when a developer takes something away from the player instead of making it a choice, be it an item in game or even a graphic setting etc.

If it is possible to make it an option on a server like 3rd person or hardcore etc, that is how you should do it. The player base will naturally move to whatever is the most fun to play. You will have your answer in about a week... Everyone will be playing whichever servers are the most fun.

I suspect the most popular servers (by far) would be the ones where players start with a gun etc, but of course I cannot be certain.

[/quote']

It's a tough choice here though, as this seems more of a testing ground for a game than the actual game. So we are just testing how stuff works.

On the fipside the data is going to be hard to figure out since most people will resist change and they have already had a chance to play the other way.

It would be good if you spawn with a plank or something else that you can melee with.

Though being without a weapon let it feels like amnesia which is a good thing.

so YES

This is very cool! The harder you make this game is, the better.

Additional thought: What if you coupled this with an increased randomisation of the spawn points? So that players are spawning inside buildings, in towns etc... (obviously within a certain zombie-free radius)

That way, you spawn without a weapon, but it's also much easier to find one.

Yes.

It's an Alpha, try it out, if it doesn't work, revert it. People are just over exaggerating the "Bandit" issue, they won't waste their time unless the newly spawned, weaponless player decided to run through Cherno or Elektro holding a flare like they do now.

YES, but...

Some suggestions for alternatives (each 20 words or less):

1. Make us spawn with variable amount of loot. Sometimes you get a gun, sometimes you don't.

2. Make spawn items a server setting. Carebear servers give out guns. Hardcore servers don't.

3. Allow us to pick from pre-made "kits" to spawn with. Either Winny with 2 rounds; Mak with 8 rounds; or map/compass.

4. Allow purchasing of starter kit, a la Counter-Strike. Give budgets and let people pick their own start gear.

P.S. One of the most visceral experiences in this game was when I spawned in without any inventory, due to a bug. Didn't last very long, but it was INTENSE. Often though of doing it intentionally, just for added difficulty. Drop all my loot when I spawn, and then try to survive.

But, guys, you're not defenceless even without a "weapon". Three words: zombie fucking aggro train.

Yes

It would change the game completely - for the better. The only worry I have, however, is what of spawn-kill bandits? Although, I suppose there'd be little for them to profit on (bar beans and water)

YES

As long as we atleast spawn with a few mags for a gun maybe, or Spawn with a flashlight so you can play on Night servers easier.

Why not just at melee weapons' date=' the knife and ax are already in the game? Why not make it so you start with the knife and can actually use it to kill zombies and other players?

[/quote']

Because there's no "add melee weapons" button. I need animations, some configuration. It's not impossible, but its work and particularly animation time. Will be something to look into, but its not a simple addition.

I was not aware that, thanks for the explanation. Maybe just start being able to use the butt of your bun for melee attacks. I think melee is able to be put into the game just limit the ammo to, two clips to test it out. If the server is a hardcore server, why not make it so you start with no weapon. Vet difficulty, you start with two clips and so on?

can spawn point changes be looked into before this happens? AKA spawning in treelines near beach+extended north. shit 20wordsishard

But' date=' guys, you're not defenceless even without a "weapon". Three words: zombie fucking aggro train.

[/quote']

So, how are you supposed to take care of this aggro train? Try and lose them with the new zombies in the upcoming update? Sounds like a lot of hassle just after spawning.

Also; that's 4 words.

YES

But I think something needs to be done with humanity levels and killing an unarmed player should have a gigantic humanity cost. Also, if possible, maybe make zombies wander a bit more. That way if we spot a potential loot house, we can wait around in the bushes until the nearby zombies are further away.

NO

Especially after these changes are announced for the next patch:

* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you

* [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction, not on body direction as before

This, plus the risk of being gunned down by retard PKs camping the coast would mean that you are just a defenseless moving target. It makes sense to leave the MK if the zombies are now harder to fight and evade (when sneaking up).

NO

Especially after these changes are announced for the next patch:

* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you

* [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction' date=' not on body direction as before

This, plus the risk of being gunned down by retard PKs camping the coast would mean that you are just a defenseless moving target. It makes sense to leave the MK if the zombies are now harder to fight and evade (when sneaking up).

[/quote']

Why would you kill someone with NOTHING? Waste of ammo