rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

NO

Been shot 4 times by players just for the buzz, have no means of self defence! In less I can bash their brains in with a flashlight

NO

Starting with a weapon with limited mags is a lot better idea, IMO simply because in the zombie apocalypse most people that survive will be the ones with the weapons. IE I have weapons at home for self-defense

You just don't get it do you? Noone is saying there aren't any guns in eastern Europe. I'm saying that there are LESS guns.

America =/= 'Standard'

No' date=' you just don't get it. I was replying to the the question Rocket asked. As for the game it doesn't matter if there are less guns. It matters that....

1) It's the POST apocalypse, not a week after it began. Anyone left who is alive would already have a firearm. You start out with a chest rig, plate carrier, holster, boots, etc. It doesn't make sense that you don't have a firearm.

2) It's the POST apocalypse, meaning the military and government is gone, but their equipment and firearms are not. The police in Eastern Europe/Western Russia all have Makarovs, do you think they would disappear when they die?

Also, "Slav shithole"? What the FUCK is wrong with you? If anybody talked about the US like that, people here would throw a massive fit! Your blind nationalism is an embarrassment to all of us.

Oh for fuck's sake. Go to Prague or Eastern Ukraine and ask the people there how awesome it is to live there. It's a shit hole in the eastern Slavic countries. I didn't say America was any better, there are shit holes here too like Detroit. The game happens to take place in a fictionalized version of one of these shit holes. Remove the bloody tampon from your vagina and stop looking into every post which some kind of attitude.

You just don't get it do you? Noone is saying there aren't any guns in eastern Europe. I'm saying that there are LESS guns.

America =/= 'Standard'

No' date=' you just don't get it. I was replying to the the question Rocket asked. As for the game it doesn't matter if there are less guns. It matters that....

1) It's the POST apocalypse, not a week after it began. Anyone left who is alive would already have a firearm. You start out with a chest rig, plate carrier, holster, boots, etc. It doesn't make sense that you don't have a firearm.

2) It's the POST apocalypse, meaning the military and government is gone, but their equipment and firearms are not. The police in Eastern Europe/Western Russia all have Makarovs, do you think they would disappear when they die?

Also, "Slav shithole"? What the FUCK is wrong with you? If anybody talked about the US like that, people here would throw a massive fit! Your blind nationalism is an embarrassment to all of us.

Oh for fuck's sake. Go to Prague or Eastern Ukraine and ask the people there how awesome it is to live there. It's a shit hole in the eastern Slavic countries. I didn't say America was any better, there are shit holes here too like Detroit. The game happens to take place in a fictionalized version of one of these shit holes. Remove the bloody tampon from your vagina and stop looking into every post which some kind of attitude.

1. 'Post' means 'after', it could be a week after, it could be less, it could be more. We have no way of knowing.

2. You seem to have some insider info on the lore. Tell me, how did the cops die and the players get their guns? By the way, the Makarov PM is being replaced with that Yarygin pistol since 10 years ago.

When Rocket asked his question about firearm possesion, I am fairly sure he meant "who" as in "who in the games' area", not "who in America" or "who in Iraq" or "who in the Cayman Islands".

Also, you are being incredibly rude and Prague is a rather nice place. Have you ever been there?

YES

when I actually do get a gun I enjoy griefing newly spawned survivors.

1. 'Post' means 'after'' date=' it could be a week after, it could be less, it could be more. We have no way of knowing.

[/quote']

Actually, we have a idea. Here's the description of the game off the front page. And it's exactly what I was referring to when I made my post. Seems like you don't even know the game you keep white knighting about.

"A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease."

2. You seem to have some insider info on the lore. Tell me' date=' how did the cops die and the players get their guns? [/quote']

Who knows? How did they get the plate carrier, backpack, and chest rig they spawn with?

By the way' date=' the Makarov PM is being replaced with that Yarygin pistol since 10 years ago.[/quote']

What does this have to do with anything? The Makarov is still in active service with the Russian military, police, and dozens of other satellite countries. Even if it was completely replaced, the Makarovs don't disappear, they only go into storage. When the Russians replaced the 91/30 with the SKS, AK-47, and AKM, they didn't destroy the 91/30s, they just put them in crates into warehouses where they sell them off to countries like America for people to buy, myself included.

When Rocket asked his question about firearm possesion' date=' I am fairly sure he meant "who" as in "who in the games' area", not "who in America" or "who in Iraq" or "who in the Cayman Islands".[/quote']

You're nitpicking beyond reason. He was referring to it in general and even if he meant "in the game's area", it would be an even higher ratio since Eastern Europe is where some of the largest weapon black markets exist and since you are one of the few who have survived, you would obviously have had a firearm to defend yourself with because you managed to survive the majority of the population being killed.

It is good, but we really need some melee abilities. Knife, hatchet, hit with flashlight like in doom?

Made me play more "realistically", but found no gun in >20 minute search before zed ambush and chose early respawn.

not if you dont have anything on you there is no monetary gain besides just killing to kill and most people dont do that

Haha - respawned near cherno, me and my buddy got picked up by a sniper in 3 minutes. After respawning again near cherno - same story. Spawning without a weapon is ridiculous so NO!

Reducing mags to 2 is however a nice idea.

YES

but need some mechanik to punish shooting unarmed

Yes

However if crouch run requires an item (gun, flashlight, other) to be held in hand in order to function. I'd like to spawn with the flashlight in my hands, not that I cant be arsed to move it from my pack, but a bunch of nubs running up and down the beach at nite with flashlights is hilarious.

PS: one canteen or at least a soda. I'm tired of trying to eat and drink bullets for lack of food items. :)

NO

-but I'll hang with it because this is alpha testing.

If it's "such a great idea to start without a gun", then why not add a melee/animation script for a knife, and start everyone with just a knife, bandage, water and beans????

Thnx

For the first time in a few weeks i've managed to team with other survivors. Best change so far IMO.

I spawned for the first time today without weapon, it was a little freaky at first and I had to shake a zombie train at one point but I survived. I found 4 (!) guns in kamyshovo and another 6 at rog, i'm still alive with a Ghillie suit 3 full canteens and 4 cans of food.

So yeah it seems to work fine, but i'm sure new players are finding it hard.

On another plus note I found my first friendlies today after a week of playing the game! a coincidence? maybe, or maybe the lack of starting gun and sparsity of food/water is making people work together more...

stuff

Right then. I'll PM you my long winded answer instead of further ruining this doomed thread.

spawning without a weapon. It sucks. Can't kill a zombie with a flashlight and yeah they aggro much worse than before.

I both agree and disagree with the change.

Preferably, I'd like to see people spawn with a 9mm and only 1 magazine. That is by far the best choice. Currently most people wind up dying shortly after spawning due to not being able to defend themselves. The other option is instead give the players 1 empty can and 1 empty beer bottle to allow them something to distract zombies.

It's just not realistic to have no means of defending myself. Gimme my fists if nothing else. It's so unrealistic it's frustrating. I could care less about a gun, but lemme at least use my fists or pick up something I can hit a zombo with. I hate running like a bitch! I wanna go down swinging or brain them before they eat my brains! :)

Its damn near impossible to get to the level some of the bandits are operating on now, I really like the Idea of spawning with less gear, but I think you took it a tad too far mate, I like the 1 band-aid/painkiller, but the flashlight is totally worthless. Bring back the makoroni, just give us 1/2 mags, I'd REALLY love to see this game turn into a turn zombie survival game where ammo is rare as fuck and actually debating whether it's worth a bullet instead of just running around shooting stuff.

But right now it's damn near impossible. I'm all for making a hard game and all but all these faggots who keep spouting "It's not hard" and "Just player more stealthy" I'm pretty sure haven't died yet. Spawning in Elktro/Cherno/Bolota is the only real way to have a chance to survive and PEOPLE KNOW IT. I've been shot 3 times without a gun and trying to "Sneak" around zombies is not practical, the only way to do it is to start a zombie train and quickly sweep houses for guns. Needless to say this breaks immersion and is just all around fucking stupid when you ask yourself what you are doing. "I am quite literally running around a town aggroing everything just to find a way to defend myself from the things that are chasing after me.".

And congratulations if you manage to find a gun on either someone's corpse or in a loot pile because this won't happen every time. Hell it's almost guaranteed not to happen if you spawn in a shitty town with 1/2 lootable buildings. It's breaking alot of things in the game and It needs to be reverted, I would agree with 1/2 mags, painkillers, and a band-aid because that actually makes me NEED to go find something. Also the Food/Water spawns are broken, but that actually made me think of what would really happen in a zombie apocalypse and I like the current system of finding next to no food/water at all even though it is not intended. Making grocery stores haves a medium chance for food/water and all residential buildings to have a low (1-3%) chance of spawning any would be a way to start ramping up the risk/reward system this game is severely lacking right now.

TL;DR version:

Makoroni with 1/2 mags PK and band-aid at spawn, make AMMO(Not guns)/Food/Water rarer than they are.

stuff

Right then. I'll PM you my long winded answer instead of further ruining this doomed thread.

I'm not spending anymore time arguing with you and I'm not doing so in a private message with you, which I've since deleted. You don't know what you're talking about in terms of firearms, firearm availability, firearm laws, etc. Shooting, maintaining, and collecting firearms is my only hobby.

You trying to tell me that 'hurr durrrrr handguns aren't even common in Europe, especially Eastern Europe', is so beyond idiotic I can't even explain it to you.

It does not make any sense to not spawn with a firearm. You are one of the few survivors after the world was destroyed by a zombie infection, it makes zero sense for you to have gotten this far without even a small pistol. You spawn with a chest rig and plate carrier, yet no firearm? This makes as much sense as a flight simulator where you spawn in a flight suit with an oxygen mask and yet no airplane.

I'm stepping into a red brick house in Cherno, MP-5 at the ready. I see another survivor entering the opposite door. I type in direct chat: "PLEASE MOVE BACK". He complies instantly, coming on voice that he is friendly and unarmed. I reply that friendly is as friendly does. I search the house, finding nothing, and tell him there's a watch in one room and to stay safe. He thanks me.

Amazing how civilized someone can get when they have no weapon.

First time player here. Never played the previous version with weapons at respawn.

I didn't think spawning without a weapon was bad at all. Ironically, it "adds" a level of immersion to the game.

I think veteran players are just too used to the convenience of spawning with a weapon.

NO

In your "Authenticity" point, I believe you should have a %20 chance to spawn with a pistol. Or at least a melee weapon.

YES

There's no use in shooting someone with just a flashlight and a band-aid, and it really makes the game hardcore and instinctive for new players.