rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

YES.

Benefits outweigh negatives. Spawning without takes bite off DMers, if sidearms aren't very rare it's good (was a warzone...)

NO

Most people dont have weapons with them, but then again, most people could use a hatchet to chop heads.

Yes.

Big yes.

No starting gear at all. Not even food. So spawners aren't helpless suppliers for bandits and so it actually makes basic survival again the point of the game and a risky thing.

YES

But only if we spawn with a melee weapon of some kind. Or, you get 1 random (low-powered) weapon with 1 magzine.

NO

Noobs would be destroyed. Bandits and griefers would kill people who have 0 chance to retaliate, casuing them to ragequit.

NO

Noobs would be destroyed. Bandits and griefers would kill people who have 0 chance to retaliate' date=' casuing them to ragequit.

[/quote']

Easy fix. More spawns.

NO

Fucking stupid idea. I have handguns and rifles at home. Without melee weapons like a rake, or shovel you are dead.

NO

Noobs would be destroyed. Bandits and griefers would kill people who have 0 chance to retaliate' date=' casuing them to ragequit.

[/quote']

NO

For this reason.

If people weren't idiots I would say yes, but alas Rocket you know how much 10% of online gamers love to ruin it for the other 90%.

NO

Fucking stupid idea. I have handguns and rifles at home. Without melee weapons like a rake' date=' or shovel you are dead.

[/quote']

Not everyone owns a gun, but that is not even the main point. It adds a whole new layer to the mod. Think about it. Players would have to avoid everyone at all cause while trying to find weapons. There would be a lot less blood shed on the coast.

YES

However, change the spawn rates of military weapons and lower all weapon spawn rates in general for any primaries.

NO

Meet us half way. Makarov with a clip? Not enough to kill for ammo, enough to be conserving/ cautious.

NO

[/quote']

NO

For this reason.

If people weren't idiots I would say yes, but alas Rocket you know how much 10% of online gamers love to ruin it for the other 90%.

Those 10% can not be constantly on the coast and like someone on Reddit said. This is Alpha. Stuff like this should be tested. This isn't final or even near it. If we were in the full version of the game maybe I be on the border, but we are in Alpha.

NO

[/quote']

NO

For this reason.

Those 10% can not be constantly on the coast and like someone on Reddit said. This is Alpha. Stuff like this should be tested. This isn't final or even near it. If we were in the full version of the game maybe I be on the border, but we are in Alpha.

If the game had functional melee combat, i would be all for starting with a knife or an axe. But the game cannot do that.

I already do this. Actually, I drop all my gear on the shore and go from there. It can lead to some pretty intense starts.

NO

[/quote']

NO

For this reason.

Really you quote some 12 year olds forum for pedos

+ It would force spawning players to disperse from Costa Del Bean quickly and move inland, and would make Cherno and Elektro less of an almighty pigfuck.

+ bigger adrenaline rush when leggin it from danger :)

- BUT please add a few more weapon spawn locations (crashed hummers, maybe a few more crashed helos as they are vanishingly rare)

maybe just spawn with less mags perhaps. no weapon whatsoever would make noob/coast farming rampant.

NO

There's no melee combat in the game' date=' and you cannot lose aggro of zombies.

[/quote']

You will be able to in the 1.7.1 update.

NO

We're zombie survivors, who would live past the outbreak without a gun.

YES

+Less coast huggers

+Less thoughless zed engagement

+Less apparent that DayZ represents a large scale COD

-None

I'm torn:

Pros:

adds a new element of survival

will stop noobs shooting the place up as soon as they spawn

Cons:

nothing to stop bandits spawn camping just to troll (people will do this)

will put off a lot of noobs who don't have much patience

As an alternative maybe give the makarov but with just 1 clip?