rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

Limit starting gear altogether or start with crossbow, final answer. Btw is Rocket ever going to reveal who did the mocap for the new zombie animations!

YES

Remove all starting items, game is too easy. But, we need basic melee such as fists or fence planks. Also, not all Zed hits should result in bleeding out (they don't have swords for arms).

NO

The reason why is I would hate to die over and over from people that actually have guns camping the coast.

Yes, I dont want 20 guys firefighting in Cherno & Electro - let us work for it!

There is one thing that bugs me: clunkiness of unarmed movement and stance changing, its ANNOYING at hell. Just thinking about it makes me say NO.

YES

but:

• try removing most starting ammo, the backpack, water, food, morphine first.
  • consider wiping ALL characters for equality

Two sided.

YES

If you replaced the gun with a compass it would benefit beginners more.

More immersion.

NO

Bandit heaven.

Very hard to loot without a weapon.

YES.

Would work well if combined with slower, tougher (precise head shots required to one hit kill), harder hitting zombies and an overall reduction in the amount of ammo available.

YES

I'll just do the zombie sprint to the nearest city, ditching the zeds on the first player I come across.

NO.

I love difficulty. Repeatedly respawning to find a weapon is an RNG grind. Grind and RNG /= difficulty.

No, I think that it would make the game less balanced for new people. think of spawnkillers.

YES

Not hard to find weapons if you have any patience. I Expect the people objecting to the change are ones who run about like morons.

YES

But only if zombies cannot see me and attack me through walls, if you can't lose Z's by LOS then starting with a gun is a necessity.

YES if the weapon spawning isnt reduced.

NO if weapon spawn rate is highly decreased. I want SOME way to defend myself if weapons are made rarer.

YES but:

-make spawnpoints all around the map, completely random to prevent bandit farming on beach

-let us spawn with NOTHING on us

-give us the chance to get rid of zombies without killing them

this is an alpha, we could test it right ?

BUT.. be prepared that newbies will cry a river in the forums.

YES

We're here to test this mod. Lets test it.

It will make stealth so much more important at the start. And with the fix that you can actually lose zeds its an interesting thought.

Downside is your every single new person is easy pickings for a bandit with a gun. And you can't do jack about it.

YES

but I would want melee combat introduced first. It would be too damn annoying otherwise.