rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

I guess it takes one to know one. You are doing the exact same thing' date=' except that you insist it must be public. You also seem to prefer calling me a cocksucker to arguing your point.[/quote']

Uhhhh...what? I'm not going through hundreds of posts to find someone who disagrees with me just to reply to them and state my opinion. I posted what I thought about the patch and you had to come in and tell me how my opinion is incorrect, just like what you were doing to everyone else.

Correct' date=' the Czech like their guns and are allowed to have them. But this does not mean that Mr & Mrs Czech Republic are packing.[/quote']

Holy shit, do you not get the point? Lots of civilian firearm ownership = lots of firearms available. Civilian population being dead =/= their firearms disappearing. It doesn't matter if whoever the fuck Mr. and Mrs. Czech are, it matters that their neighbors are, the police are, the military is, and many other Czechs are.

Also' date=' I got about three days ingame without shooting anything. I could do a lot longer if I were on a ship with no zombies around.[/quote']

Why do you keep saying this?

THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING.

It doesn't matter if in-game you're able to survive without a firearm. For the fortieth time, I am talking about your spawn and why you spawn with a chest rig, holster, and plate carrier but no firearm, considering you're one of the few survivors of a world devastating apocalypse and you having a firearm is overwhelmingly likely since you've made it this far. You not having a firearm at spawn makes ZERO sense. You're 'being on a ship' argument is irrelevant because what the fuck does it matter if you were on a ship? Do ship captains have a strict 'no firearms allowed!' policy? What makes you think you didn't have a firearm on the ship that brought you to the beach?

Take your rage to the Bioware forums' date=' I do not frequent those. [/quote']

You'd fit right in.

I'm not "blindly defending any and every patch" I'm saying I like this particular change' date=' just like you say that you don't. I seems, having an opinion that differs from yours is what makes me an "asshole". [/quote']

Nope, you replied to me and have to shovel your opinion in my face and tell me how I'm wrong about disagreeing with the patch. You're the one who doesn't allow anyone but yourself to have an opinion. I came to this thread to state my opinion, you seem to have come here to do the same but then tell everyone who disagreed with you that they're wrong. You're the asshole who combs through a 1000+ post thread to find the people who have a differing opinion and then post how they're wrong about their opinion. That's why I'm calling you a cocksucker, because you're that asshole who does that.

Tell me one last thing' date=' why do you need to have this discussion publicly? Are you some type of exhibitionist?[/quote']

To piss you off.

I'd say since melee weapons are being implemented, spawn with one of those. More people would have hatchet, and crowbars laying at home, rather then Markov with 6 magazines.

Ok, we can play it your way.

...I like to sneak into old people's homes and sniff their underwear' date=' it's my only hobby...

[/quote']

This:

"Are you fucking kidding me? There's 90 guns per 100 people in America. It's probably not that far off in the Slav shithole this game takes place in. I have more than a few myself.

To the people saying this isn't America and people wouldn't have guns in Eastern Europe, you don't have a clue what you're talking about."

is from your very first post on the forum. If you had behaved like a normal person, had a little tact, I would not have replied to you. Also, I do not sift through a 1000+ post thread to find people I disagree with, I just followed the thread from the beginning and it grew long (the thread).

This is the very last thing I have to say to you:

I do think people like you is why the US has such a high rate of gun crime, allowing hate filled paranoid people with half a monkeybrain to keep assault rifles at home was never a good idea.

You are one of those people, a prime example of what happens when creationists breed: Regression.

I think it's about time you put the gun down, crawled out of the water tower, and joined normal society. There is a whole world outside the swamp.

So why don't you tell your bible-thumbing parents to stop playing the banjo and send you to a decent college?

If we're going to go along with the "realism" that a survivor wouldn't have found a firearm by the time the game starts then I think most all military and police zed should have firearms and ammo. Seems "realistic" to me they would have very likely been armed during this time. As it is now, it's like they all decided to empty their pockets and unstrapped their holsters when they turned.

...I like to sneak into old people's homes and sniff their underwear' date=' it's my only hobby...[/quote']

Except I took an actual quote from you and you made this quote from me up. Faggot.

is from your very first post on the forum. If you had behaved like a normal person' date=' had a little tact, I would not have replied to you.[/quote']

From all the posts we've exchanged so far, do you think I give many fucks about this? It's the internet. I played a game for weeks and it was changed to the point where I didn't even want to play it, I was mad about it, please forgive me good sir for venting my frustration at the developer.

Also' date=' I do not sift through a 1000+ post thread to find people I disagree with, I just followed the thread from the beginning and it grew long.[/quote']

So....you went through the entire thread to find people who disagreed with you? I don't care how or why you went through a 1000+ post thread, I care that you did it only to reply to people who had a different opinion, which is what makes you an asshole.

This is the very last thing I have to say to you:

Thank fuck.

I do think people like you is why the US has such a high rate of gun crime

Yeah' date=' probably has something to do with those people who have a criminal record, IE not me.

allowing hate filled paranoid people with half a monkeybrain to keep assault rifles at home was never a good idea.

Good thing civilians in America cannot own an assault rifle without mountains of paperwork, piles of money, tax stamps, and months of waiting periods. Semi-automatic rifles on the other hand, are completely legal in all fifty states.

You are one of those people' date=' a prime example of what happens when creationists breed: Regression.[/quote']

Please don't insinuate that I'm a creationist, they are the lowest form of life on the planet right next to Holocaust deniers. I'm an atheist, my parents are atheists, I was raised without any religious upbringing, and I've never even set foot inside a church before. I also don't like Republicans and hate Conservatives.

I think it's about time you put the gun down' date=' crawled out of the water tower, and joined normal society. There is a whole world outside the swamp.[/quote']

You should probably do the same, except first you need to burst that bubble you're living in where only your opinion is valid and all others are void.

So why don't you tell your bible-thumbing parents to stop playing the banjo

Again' date=' parents are both atheists and we live in the North East, away from the Bible Belt.

and send you to a decent college?

Good thing I'm going to school at one of the better colleges in the state then.

YES

I have personally never played the game with starting weapons on. I like the challenge of finding a gun although frustrating at times.

As long as the game avoids a mass influx of trolls or a troll group then everything should be fine. The odd bandit killing weaponless is realistic. When it grows to the scale of being trolling, then its an issue.

NO

New players will join, have a hard time and quit most of the time, when current players will have problems with it and leave, and then there are those who will stay. But I'm sure a large majority do not like the idea of spawning without a defense. A melee weapon or less ammo would be acceptable.

NO

Not until you have a actually working way of "losing" aggroed zombies. As it stands right now, if you are ever caught without a weapon, it means death, which isn't hardcore but silly.

NO

It's going to run off future players which are the life force of a game...

who has a handgun at home?

Did this question really get asked or am I reading that wrong?.....

Ok this is just flat out stupid. I know Rocket is going for an element of realism here, but this is a video game. You can't slap players in a game with no weapon and expect them to survive, especially now they up the aggro on the zombies.

You know I could live with it if we could use a knife or started with baseball bat or something but no weapon is just flat out unfair.

NO

Unless the old zombie aggro system comes back, the new one is way to hard for new players without a weapon

NO

You should spawn with maybe a crowbar, but I wouldn't go as far as giving guns out.

I can live with the changes they made to zombies aggro range. However with no gun it makes it nearly impossible to get near anything because the zombies are on you like white on rice.

As it stands this game is nearly impossible to survive in at all.

Before the new updates I could get around get supplies but I had to be very careful but it was do able. Now I can't even get near anything that has supplies that I might want because the zombies aggro from so far away.

Also give servers the right to decided what you start off with

Yes.

I don't mind the no gun if you would allow us to punch zombies to create space (even if we couldn't kill them) and get away. Once a zombie stands in the doorway you are screwed now.

I am more pissed about the no canteen/water bottle.

What happened to the water bottles?

What happened to the water bottles?

You don't spawn with one anymore and they're harder to find. I think the hotfixes posted today fixed the spawn rate but the first one that removed it fucked it all up and made food and water some of the rarest things in the game.

Don't see why it matters that much, the Makarov is almost useless when the zombies are lagging around with those spastic animations. I say keep the gun and a 1-2 mags and the rest can go (bandages, morphine, painkillers).

Well, so far, as a new DayZ player i have to say i have mixed feelings about this new patch. Having played before and after, i do agree that zombies before were a bit too easy toa void, but now they are downright supernatural ESP zombies.

And the fact you dont spawn with a weapon i can understand, but come on, so many things laying around that can be used as weapons and you cant improvise one? You cant pick up a fist szed rock and bash some zombies heads with it (To stun and knock them back, highly doubt it would kill them)? Cant pick up a fallen branch and use it as a makeshift melee weapon? For god's sake, even a sock full of pebbles can be a deadly weapon if used correctly.

I feel new players need some sort of weapon to start with. A firearm? No. A melee weapon? yes. After all, how realistic is it not being able to use anything else other than the hatchet as a melee weapon, when there's so many useful derbies and junk just laying around?

- Boring as fuck for first 30 mins

- May spawn near friends only to die 15 mins later

- Killed by first person you see

Tired of people calling me a CoD fag or a noob considering I've been playing ArmA since 2009. I'm about to just quit playing Day Z because when the community is as hostile as the game, something is wrong.

NO

This mod is brutal and authentic enough. Now that I can't defend myself, I'm almost discouraged enough to stop playing at every start of a new life. This will discourage new players simply trying to learn how to play the mod.

Hear me out...

It's one of the most intriguing suggestions I've seen. I considered it right at the start of the project. With the new zombie line-of-sight calculations and the ability to loose them' date=' this might actually work

PRO:

- People spawning in can't quickly get into griefing

- Recovering your old loot becomes difficult and risky

- Add's a whole new element and gameplay at the start

- Maybe adds some authenticity, who has a handgun at home?

CON:

- It's [i']fucking annoying having to sneak and run around to find a gun (believe me, I just tried it)

- You can spawn many times before you actually have a life that finds a weapon

- Hackers, for the moment, will reveille in this change until their loopholes are closed

In twenty words or less, formatted with YES or NO in caps the line above, say your thoughts on trying this out

For the sake of efficiency, I will delete all posts that don't follow the above exactly, or don't add anything to the argument. It's not a poll, its a discussion. If you don't have anything to ADD then please don't post.

NO

RETARDED AS #@$&%(, also is not placing bandit skins in the game. And half of American's owns firearms. Statistics use'um.

Patches like this are driving people away from the game.

Also HATCHETS are different from a full sized AXE... hatchets were made to be carried and packed away... It shouldn't replace a main firearm.