Sign in to follow this  
Eazy-Makaveli

Theres nothing to do in DayZ

after i finally found a solution to get an acceptable fps in cities, i found out that there is almost nothing to do in DayZ

I kill somebody and loot his body then somebody else finds me and shoots me in the back. i now have to run 20 minutes to get to either elektro or cherno and try to pvp more.

i feel its not worth the effort of running 10-20 minutes to get to the city then find a gun when there are hackers with the best sniper with thermal vision, night vision and a ghillie suit camping on roofs that have no ladders and that you cant reach normally.

i tried going to the airfield once, found good guns. but i got bored so i tried to find people to kill. i end up getting sniped from 1km away.

so yeah now that i finally found out how to increase fps, theres nothing to do.

Once I get to the point where there's not much to do, I just start collecting as many weapons as I can. I had an armory of around 12-13 but my tents got raided so it's off to collect more weapons. I unfortunately lost an AS50 with thermal but I find it fun collecting as much gear as I can.

theres stuff to do

just you dont like the DayZ gameplay style

gl on your next game you try

• Like 3

after i finally found a solution to get an acceptable fps in cities, i found out that there is almost nothing to do in DayZ

I kill somebody and loot his body then somebody else finds me and shoots me in the back. i now have to run 20 minutes to get to either elektro or cherno and try to pvp more.

i feel its not worth the effort of running 10-20 minutes to get to the city then find a gun when there are hackers with the best sniper with thermal vision, night vision and a ghillie suit camping on roofs that have no ladders and that you cant reach normally.

i tried going to the airfield once, found good guns. but i got bored so i tried to find people to kill. i end up getting sniped from 1km away.

so yeah now that i finally found out how to increase fps, theres nothing to do.

Try and get a group of people to play with, it doesn't have to be a clan. Trust me, it makes the game a WHOLE lot more enjoyable

• Like 1

Hello there

There's plenty to do, it just takes imagination. This isn't a game that's going to hold your hand and lead you around. Just because a few lights don't show up to tell you you've "Achieved X" doesn't mean there's not lots to do.

As to the hacker's that's a different issue.

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok

There's a lot to do, maybe you just don't have enough patience for the game. There's nothing saying you have to play the game at some breakneck speed. Have you found night vision goggles yet? Have you found a ghillie suit? Have you found an AS50 (not from a body or from a tent)? Have you found an L85A2-AWS? Have you started a camp? Have you tried finding and/or collecting vehicles? Have you tried racking up a huge zombie kill count? Have you tried racking up a huge player kill count? Have you tried finding someone and just stalking them? Have you tried making friendly contact with people to get a team and make your own goals? Have you tried robbing people? Have you tried kidnapping them?

I mean this is just me coming up with this, I'm sure people are finding plenty of other things to do.

• Like 1

DayZ is a survival game with FPS elements, not an FPS with survival elements.

If you don't plan on playing most of the game in survival mode (scavenging for gear and supplies, building a camp, exploring) and would rather just kill people, this probably isn't the game for you.

• Like 1

i just think taking the time to gather all that stuff, set up a camp and tents, gather plenty of stuff, find a vehicle, bring it to your camp and bla bla bla is not worth it.

whats the point in gathering stuff if you dont do anything with them? all there is in this game is PvP. but its so painful to die because it takes so much time to get your gear back.

lets say there are no hackers in this game. you manage to get a sniper. what do you do? you camp for 10 minutes to get 1 kill? another 10 minutes and you get 2 kills? nah man i dont think its worth spending all this time for so little reward.

Try Arma2 itself.Even Rocket says that to people here.There are some great times to be had when you give people weapons and gear from start and then task them to go kill each other.

Try Arma2 itself.Even Rocket says that to people here.There are some great times to be had when you give people weapons and gear from start and then task them to go kill each other.

I played Arma 2 after DayZ for awhile but I think I have psychological effects leftover still. I can't see a good loot location without running into it even though I know loot doesn't spawn like that in vanilla Amra.

It's just so sad when I don't find nice piles of loot laying where I expect them to be :(

the game is not: cherno, kill, die, cherno, rinse, repeat

that being said, I'm ready for the dogs or something new

There are so many more things to do in DayZ. You're obviously not that creative.

You haven't reached end-game status until you have a helicopter.

• Like 1

There is plenty to do, here is a good one help people out and find new friends!!! B)

Or go scouting for camp sites in the north!!!

Or alt+return and just masturbate till you hungry and run out of food and water !!! Then go looking for sheep!! :unsure:

Life is what you make it so is Dayz!! ;)

BAM ! He nailed it in one sentence . once you have the skies this game is fucking amazing .....i love end game

Edited by Hank_scorpio
  • Like 1

BAM ! He nailed it in one sentence . once you have the sky's this game is fucking amazing .....i love end game

I know! A friend/group member just recently found a chopper and it's amaaaaazing.

• Like 1

I know! A friend/group member just recently found a chopper and it's amaaaaazing.

To right dude it really does make the game a million times better being able to scout, hunt and fly anywhere in under 5 mins and with all your friends!! ..I love dayZ but i love it a million times more flying my chopper around ! KICK THE TIRE'S N LIGHT THE FIRES

BOOO YAAAA END GAME ROCKS

• Like 1

There's nothing to do in DayZ

Have you tried hacking?

Hacking is the ultimate "end game" for DayZ.

Edited by Thorne

well honestly that 'end-game' is being horded by many admins and/or clans. sure some people get lucky and find one, but it's not a realistic goal on some servers

Once I get to the point where there's not much to do, I just start collecting as many weapons as I can. I had an armory of around 12-13 but my tents got raided so it's off to collect more weapons. I unfortunately lost an AS50 with thermal but I find it fun collecting as much gear as I can.

Or hunt/Trade the high tier Military stuff i.e. LMG's or explosives & rockets... It's alot of fun.

Hit 2 crashed in heli's @ the NW airfield, i had too much rare stuff to carry back to camp :)