Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Humanity should reset at death

I agree! Resetting humanity after death would be pointless...But putting a limit on it seems fair,But not to low where it would be easy to achieve. You would have to work for it! Maybe around the 30,000 mark give or take a few would be a decent point. Because i know what would happen if your humanity reset upon death...Trolls and douches killing hero's just to piss them off...

No.

You work for a month or more to gain a Hero skin and then get KoSed by a newbie with a hatchet in the back? Doesn't sound like fun to me.

You are a total asshat for a month and you start to get frustrated that your bandit skin is getting you KoSed so you decide to die so you can start over and begin your douchebaggery a new? Doesn't sound legit to me.

Hell no, reap what you sow. Consequences suck dont they?

People gave you beans for that shit comment...terrible. How is one to know the "Consequences" when there were none prior to Rockets bandit "band aid". That's like punishing a child for a cursing when all the that parent does is swear like a sailor. Wish I could give you a can of face palm.

Minus how much!? You deserve demon horns and a pitchfork, you bad person you.

I do understand your argument though. Assuming you genuinely want to change then you are pretty much screwed under the current system. But there are a few problems with changing it.

If it's based on one life then it would be relatively easy to get a hero skin and then if you were a bad human being, exploit that to gain trust and kill people. That's assuming they would make it easier to gain/lose humanity, which they would have to if it were per life.

I quite liked the idea of a points cap, if that were set right then it would mean the most evil player (I'm looking at you OP) still has a chance to change. But it would have to mean a lot of work and even then it would mean 6 months of killing unarmed players could be undone by fewer good deeds.

Perhaps there could be intermediate skins, so if you do nice things and don't score negative humanity points for x number of hours you could get a "bandit trying to be nice" status. Sort of like fallout 3 when you can be loved by a faction but if you kill some of them it changes your status with them to acknowledge that you killed some of them. That's likely to be difficult to implement and probably confusing for players.

So enjoy your demon horns and pitchfork you murdering murderer, because I think you are stuck with it.

Also ITT, Butthurt bandits upset about their skins...

Only seems like one or two, I generalise due to the vast majority.

At minus - 849,864 humanity. Right there says why do you even give two shits if you ever have a pretty blue fflannel shirt

People in this community really know how to be dumbasses.

I want to play decent but I'm eternally screwed.

Screw you dis is real life live wit ur actions bandit whore!

Realy? Is that how you talk to people in real life or are you just being tough because there is ZERO repercussions to being a cock on the internet? Maybe if theinternet had a system like this we would see less douchebags on this andevery forum.

At first I was like.. WTF!

Then I was like... Oh, thread started by TheMachine.

this +1, although in this case, op is still mad about the hero skin perks, as can be seen in said thread.

• Like 1

Wear a ghillie suit. Holy crap, why don't people do this? It's such an easy solution.

Of course no one likes bandits.. not even other bandits. Yes, it is a play style choice and yes it adds a certain element to the game.. but there should certainly be some sort of negative consequence. The towel doesn't prevent you from being a bandit... nor does it prevent you from -not- shooting people on sight.

As for your reformed criminal metaphor... criminals with a record like yours, don't get opportunities to go turn down the straight and narrow.

Bandits love other bandits, what the fuck are you on about? There are so little of us.

Stop getting your banditry mixed up with murderers.

I could understand the point of view of the OP if it was a case of a survivor who has just dipped below that negative score and has the bandit skin; maybe they killed one too many players is self defence for instance.

I can see how continually spawning in the bandit skin would be a bind to that player.

However, when you have a negative humanity score in the 800k range that is a clear combat indicator that you don't spare anyone who is in your sight picture. Ever.

It's the sheer amount of negative score in this case which is bringing out the 'zero fucks given' in most replies to this thread I would imagine.

Calling every survivor a "carebear" because they made a choice not to kos and knowing that humanity had a big part still to play in this experiment.... You made your choice and now come across as " I want to be a nice guy" because your a target now for every survivor....

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

THE DEFINITIONS:

Everything that you do has repercussions. It comes back to you one way or another.

You cannot escape the consequences of your actions. What you do comes back to you.

You will see the long-term effects of your actions.

KARMA - The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny, especially, in his next incarnation.

What goes around comes around.

Your actions all have consequences. Don't ever be fooled into thinking that your actions don't have consequences. Don't think you can get away with bad choices even if you don't seem to get caught. Remember verse seven tells us that God cannot be mocked. He sees it all. You reap what you sow.

v

v

v

v

v

Ugh... King James. I've always had serious trouble reading it. I can't understand!!

• Like 1

What I say has been said before. You have 850k? minus? Imho the "I want to be good now" is some sort of trick for a flame war thread. Before when bandit skin was removed and some of the nice-er players QQd about having a bit of a hard time figuring which is which you came proudly with the argument "deal with it". By you I mean all of you that chosen the bandit path.

Not one of the survivors or heroes will swallow the "I want to be good now" pill once you reached -850k. IF you really want to be good start on your path of bringing your humanity up via blood bags, heals, NOT killing people. who knows, maybe you can get a deal with the medic clans to let you do some medic-ing about till you reach survivor level.

It took you months to get -850k, the less hard to work for path. it will take you just as long if not longer to go on the path of righteousness. THAT SEEMS PRETTY FUCKING FAIR TO ME.

tl;dr : you worked hard for that -850k. time to work harder for that 0 humanity.

DEAL

WITH

IT.

Edited by kryvian
  • Like 2

People gave you beans for that shit comment...terrible. How is one to know the "Consequences" when there were none prior to Rockets bandit "band aid". That's like punishing a child for a cursing when all the that parent does is swear like a sailor. Wish I could give you a can of face palm.

psssst.....

You must be new here.....

I'ma let you in on something, its not a big secret but apparently YOU didn't know.....

Bandit skins were brought back... In other words, they existed before and were not a completely new feature....

Sorry but this isn't World of Warcraft this is DayZ, an alpha mod, we're not holding your hand around here. Now, get off my beans....

Edited by jackcrow
  • Like 1

As stated above, if you had taken a little time and searched the forums you would have read about humanity just being put aside when the first "Bandit skins" were removed.... Thats when players started coming in playing like "murders" not bandits, the skilled bandits hate to be associated with these players, see everything in DayZ has "Consequences" falling of ladders, opening doors, murdering ect................

Edited by Maca

I actually don't want to stop being a bandit, I just want it to be easier to betray people because they'll think I'm a nice guy.

Right now I'm going with "It's ok bra, the bandit skin is a bug, I got morphine and cooked meat for you".

Before they know it I'm playing the gimp song from pulp fiction over direct COM and simulating a sex act on them, before executing them.

Edited by TheMachine

I agree. Perma death of a character should mean perma death and all stats reset, but then you run into the problem of bandits never becoming bandits or heroes never becoming heroes. The skins even though some disagree with them add an element to the game. If humanity is reset everyone will be a survivor and you'll never know who to trust on sight. I guess though if a bandit or hero is able to stay alive long enough for that character the skin is definitely well deserved.

You get into a ton of problems/discussions about humanity stats and people's opinions about it.

Though the skins take away from the whole realism of it, they are actually a key feature that make a game successful. Ultra-realism doesn't mean ultra-fun. It makes it easier for people to interact together. If we didn't have skins I feel like everyone would be a bandit. If a person is killed enough times by bandits eventually they will join 'em instead of being against them. Then it is just pure PvP aside from the few friends you already play with and that takes away from the core concepts I think Rocket had.

Edited by PygmyJess

Though the skins take away from the whole realism of it, they are actually a key feature that make a game successful. Ultra-realism doesn't mean ultra-fun. It makes it easier for people to interact together. If we didn't have skins I feel like everyone would be a bandit. If a person is killed enough times by bandits eventually they will join 'em instead of being against them. Then it is just pure PvP aside from the few friends you already play with and that takes away from the core concepts I think Rocket had.

its already devolved into mindless PVP on sight for most servers ive been on..

even with the Bandit skin.. the entire anti-game thign Rocket had envisioned simply isnt possible given the nature of the mentality of the open internet.

with no rules people tend to become douchebags because their is no punishment..

without some kind of structure DayZ will never become more then its lowest common demoninator..which is simply a kill on sight hugeass CoD map.

its already devolved into mindless PVP on sight for most servers ive been on..

even with the Bandit skin.. the entire anti-game thign Rocket had envisioned simply isnt possible given the nature of the mentality of the open internet.

with no rules people tend to become douchebags because their is no punishment..

without some kind of structure DayZ will never become more then its lowest common demoninator..which is simply a kill on sight hugeass CoD map.

Ah, rules...

Ah, CoD...

1. Rules would only serve to destroy that which makes DayZ so good, freedom.

2. Good luck playing DayZ like CoD, there's no instant respawn with gear, you're out of the fight once you die.

Pro-tip: Being able to shoot another player doesn't make it like CoD.

Ah, rules...

Ah, CoD...

2. Good luck playing DayZ like CoD, there's no instant respawn with gear, you're out of the fight once you die.

Pro-tip: Being able to shoot another player doesn't make it like CoD.

No but getting -850k humanity does.

and it seems the freedom you just defended is the freedom to shoot on sight that damned you.

Yes, no rules. Certain game mechanics aid avoiding this, but still make it enjoyable to play.

Maybe there should be a manual way to reset your humanity at the DayZ website in the future. That would be the best IMO.