Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

Humanity should reset at death

If we're going to go down this road of marking players with different outfits for playing a certain way (the people that whined about banditry not being realistic can't argue this is not stupid), then we really ought to give people a choice.

At minus - 849,864 humanity, it's safe to say I'm never going to be a 'hero', no matter how many blood transfusions I give or other bandits I off.

So there's literally no incentive for me to play 'nice' at this point, I'll always be a bandit no matter how my mood takes me.

I'm feeling like being a nice guy today? Perhaps helping some people? Oops, can't risk it, I'll be shot for being a 'bandit'.

Becoming a bandit or a hero should be a per character thing.

After all, it's a 'new life', why should you automatically be something when you're starting afresh?

It really doesn't make much sense considering you lose everything else.

That way you'd need to constantly earn your status, whatever that may be.

Aside from the fact the bandit system is completely and fundamentally broken at it's core, this might be a band aid to make it somewhat bearable until the standalone comes out.

• Like 7

sounds liek you made your chaoice about 3 months ago.

you made your bed now lie in it.

• Like 11

I agree with this. You lose everything and start all over after dying. Humanity should be included in the things that reset. I'm not a bandit nor a hero, but I think this makes sense.

• Like 1

No.

You work for a month or more to gain a Hero skin and then get KoSed by a newbie with a hatchet in the back? Doesn't sound like fun to me.

You are a total asshat for a month and you start to get frustrated that your bandit skin is getting you KoSed so you decide to die so you can start over and begin your douchebaggery a new? Doesn't sound legit to me.

Hell no, reap what you sow. Consequences suck dont they?

Edited by jackcrow
  • Like 18

When you think about it this game mechanic was added to replace the gut feeling you get when you meet someone.

Looking at someone in real life you get a feeling for what type of person they are by looking at they body language, clothing and the person them self to address their threat level. It would be cool if a game to give you all of that but currently they can not so I think its a great way to communicate this to you. It would be a bit nicer if they could make it more subtle.

So why keep it through death, well in real life when you die you die and cant come back. In this game you can and it is very likely you will go back to playing how you did in your previous life so for that reason I think they should persist the bandit stats through death.

If you die and your humanity status resets...whats the point of that stat? just remove it in that case.

• Like 2

I think a cap would help, for example you can only have up to lets say 10,000 negative or positive humanity. Bandits would have to work hard to become a hero but not make it almost impossible. Also heroes couldn't build up a lot of humanity and then kill a lot while retaining their skin.

Edited by AuzzieH
  • Like 1

At minus - 849,864 humanity, it's safe to say I'm never going to be a 'hero', no matter how many blood transfusions I give or other bandits I off

Let's be honest, you didn't get that negative figure by accident, nor all in the space of a single DayZ life, did you?

Consequences of your multiple lives of banditry or KoS'ing I'd say old boy. I'm not saying that play style is 'wrong', but it's clearly been your chosen style.

It seems that for now, at least, you have to live with that choice.

Humanity reset after death would defeat it's purpose. You've made your choice. Be glad that that banditry is an acceptable way of playing this game and the only punishment is the towel on your head.

You're tired of being KoS'ed and not bein able to doublecross others as easy as before? Well, that's karma for you. You can always go back, even at -1kk humanity. I've seen that happen.

Edited by =MaxiM=

Hell no.

You can't stop killing people back then, why do it now?

You were able to chose between 2 play styles, now keep having fun.

I'm a survivor atm, help some guys to become a hero and then kill another guys to be survivor again, and that's my play style.

I do agree that there's some cap on it.

And if you really want to become a hero buy another OA copy...

Edited by McLovinCR

No.

You work for a month or more to gain a Hero skin and then get KoSed by a newbie with a hatchet in the back? Doesn't sound like fun to me.

You are a total asshat for a month and you start to get frustrated that your bandit skin is getting you KoSed so you decide to die so you can start over and begin your douchebaggery a new? Doesn't sound legit to me.

Hell no, reap what you sow. Consequences suck dont they?

^^^this guy gets it ^^^

hell no to humanity resets..

Bandits would total take advantage of having a fresh skin upon every death if that were the case..

as mentioned above, you took the time to earn that anti-humanity, now you get to live with it..

• Like 1

Negative. Like others said, you didn't get that by jumping between good guy and bad guy. It's not so much fun to be immediately fired upon instead of shooting someone in the back after they give you a blood bag or a can of beans, is it?

You did it, you wanted to play that way, you deal with it.

• Like 1

Bandit and hero skins should naturally revert after a certain period of time not being a bandit or exhibiting different behavior. Right now I can stay a hero forever, even if I decide to start murdering people, but bandits are stuck as bandits forever. If you can manage to go a week or two without murdering someone, or you fail to exhibit heroic qualities in that period, just reset it back down to 2500 and strip their bandit/hero status.

And to OP, I suppose you could die and spawn up as a woman. No skins there, just a whole lotta track jacket.

Edited by amaROenuZ
  • Like 2

You know how quickly humanity is regenerating, if you aren't constantly killing other players?

You have to make an effort and you did.

Since you have 850k negative humanity, you don't ever play as a good guy.

You chose your own skin, when you purposely killed all those 2-300 players.

While humanity was hibernating those months, when the bandit skin was removed, alot of people just let loose the dogs of war. Others silently were protecting their humanity, hoping it would return and permanently punnish those who insisted DayZ only was a KOS PvP game.

You'll get a second chance in the standalone, but i predict your playstyle will dictate a quick return to banditry.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 2

What the carebears fail to see is that they are literally giving us bandits no choice.

I want to be a nice guy, but the game won't let me, so I have no choice but to shoot you in the head.

I'm like a criminal that wants to turn his life around but can't get a job because of his criminal record, so I decide to just keep doing home invasions.

Re-emphasising this. Heroes can bandit as much as they want. We have regenerating humanity. Most of us are over 50K humanity.

Edited by amaROenuZ

They could make a movie about this and call it "I used to murder everyone but then I didn't mean it."

What the carebears fail to see is that they are literally giving us bandits no choice.

I want to be a nice guy, but the game won't let me, so I have no choice but to shoot you in the head.

I'm like a criminal that wants to turn his life around but can't get a job because of his criminal record, so I decide to just keep doing home invasions.

How do you not have a choice? Stop shooting people... "I used to kill everyone I saw but now I don't mean it". In life there are consequences and such is applied to this game.

• Like 1

-850.000 I think you made your choice... repeatedly.

• Like 2

Resetting the humanity would break the skins even more. But there should be a way of becoming survivor again. Otherwise once you try how it is to be a bandit you can never go back.

Edited by SillySil

Im going to have to agree with the others. Heck no to humanity reset. I have been working my ass off to get my hero skin and no im not going to lose it just because someone like you come and ambush me.

Edited by Thillian

Calling every survivor a "carebear" because they made a choice not to kos and knowing that humanity had a big part still to play in this experiment.... You made your choice and now come across as " I want to be a nice guy" because your a target now for every survivor....

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

THE DEFINITIONS:

Everything that you do has repercussions. It comes back to you one way or another.

You cannot escape the consequences of your actions. What you do comes back to you.

You will see the long-term effects of your actions.

KARMA - The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny, especially, in his next incarnation.

What goes around comes around.

Your actions all have consequences. Don't ever be fooled into thinking that your actions don't have consequences. Don't think you can get away with bad choices even if you don't seem to get caught. Remember verse seven tells us that God cannot be mocked. He sees it all. You reap what you sow.

v

v

v

v

v

• Like 4

Of course no one likes bandits.. not even other bandits. Yes, it is a play style choice and yes it adds a certain element to the game.. but there should certainly be some sort of negative consequence. The towel doesn't prevent you from being a bandit... nor does it prevent you from -not- shooting people on sight.

As for your reformed criminal metaphor... criminals with a record like yours, don't get opportunities to go turn down the straight and narrow.