rocket

IF this was an actual game...

Standalone, but DLC for ArmA 3 would be okay too. Since i'm not interested in ArmA 3, beeing it a DLC for it would be a bit sad for me, but i would buy ArmA 3 for it. Maybe some Special Edition of ArmA 3 with Day Z in it, when Day Z has been released for it?

One time purchase would be best for me personally, but i understand the importance of monthly fee and the advantages which come with it. As said before, some cosmetic stuff for players which want to spend on such things, no advantage, but some cool camos or skins.

Kickstarter would be fine, if you guys need it.

Sorry if i repeat anything that somene said before, didn't have the time to read all 34 pages of posts^^

Game purchase only, me and many other people I know would cease to play this game if it ever went near a subscription based model or had a cash-shop.

Don't make the stupid decision, nobody likes cash shops and hardly ever like subscriptions.

I would go with how Minecraft went in my opinion.

Edited by Acolyte

Game purchase only- monthly fee would see people lose interest and become expensive in the long run.

But maybe with some sort of premium/membership/extra monthly fee- start with more stuff, maybe more loot, more camo's, more weapons in premium servers.

Studio developed, with good community interaction and frequent updates or add-ons- as there is now.

Edited by Ridley16

I think operating under the minecraft model like you have said previously is the best option.

You can scale the cost of the game with the amount of content and its progression through development, for now if it was a standalone game you could sell it for £10 and when its Beta maybe £15 and full release £20?

That way you can receive funding through development to help you either hire more people or enjoy yourself, developing this in such a close group with such a high demand from the community is going to burn you out.

That or a one off payment, no offence but I would never pay a subscription for this game.

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez)

- Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez)

I'd pay for either of those, love the game so much

Stuido development would be the best for the game, since most effort would be put into it there. But I think you should also take feedback from the community during the process of development.

Kickstarter would definitely help, but I wouldn't rely on it to give you enough money to make this mod into the game it deserves to be.

Game purchase only + possible DLC for free, Monthly fee is for MMO's only and this ain't one

Studio developed, but community could have some influence, Community comes up with a great ideas every now and then, but most of the suggestions are total crapshoots. With studio development the quality of content is sure to be top notch.

Kickstarter, Kickstarter is a good way to accumulate funding, but it has it's risks.

Edited by FDFJ

Seeing the size of the playerbase so far, I can imagine stand alone payment would work well.

I'd like to see it Studio developed, with influence from the community, and also modding capabilities.

Also single player, just saying.

Game purchase only definitely. That would maximise the player base as a lot of people won't play regularly enough to warrant monthly fees.

Studio developed would be nice but input from the community is always great as well. Perhaps some decent modding capabilities.

Game purchase only

Community developed and studio developed

Community and Studio Servers

Kick Starter

Game Purchase only ( ofc )

Studio

Kickstarter

Please Please Please --- NO FTP and then Pay to win

A loyal pleb giving my 2 bits for you and your game..

You have potential for a expansive mmorpg, massive survival at this level may only be really fun if its massive, you know what i mean? Cutting it back to l4d2 or dead island even, not enough. It needs to be expansive (if possible) arma 2 offers that to some extent. I am for mmorpg with fees even.

Ideally a stand alone engine would be best for people who dont want to pay a fee.

community dev would be most likely highly successful

dont make it free to play. Make a stand alone version which is polished, gritty, expansive and focused on PVP and survival unseen with other games. You have something very unique here which attracts players who seek a hardcore gaming experience.

--mr.beanz

I do NOT wish to see a free2play model in DayZ. Buy an M4A1 Camo SD for 10$ a month or a SVD Camo for 15$ per month? Gosh NO, I hate free2play because these games always destroy the balancing only to generate cash... let us buy DayZ Retail copies for ~40$ and I'll be fine.

- Game purchase only

- Studio developed , with some help from the community.

Make it a ARMA3 DLC!

Monthly subscription - in this way you may update the game with new stuff on the go.

Studio or indie - whichever adds less bullshit to the game

Kickstarter

(and ofc, on the arma3 platform)

Edited by Johanna

yes yes yes!!! I would *gladly* pay a fair price for this game.

However pay monthly would stop me playing it altogether.

Play.4.free + buy your stuff is a terrible idea, additionally it would be completely against the ethos of day z in my opinion... the whole thrust of this game is how would you survive, and unless you're going down the sacrificing coins to the loot god in the sky (LOL) then there's no way that could be realistic.

in terms of money making options, have you considered in server advertising? i mean there's billboards and stuff on the map...

Make it a standalone game, that is paid for once, like most other games.

If needed charge more for it, DO NOT add item market or shit like that, just include that income on the game price.

I would gladly pay full price (between £30-£40) for it as a standalone game, if finished, bug free and as awesome as DayZ currently is.

Otherwise you could always just keep it as a free mod, or a free to download game... and ask for donations :)

addendum.... can this be made a poll?

And yes whether you pay or not include donation options, you might be surprised at how much that gets you. Additionally you could offer a stimulus package of 1-3 randomly generated items on respawn (probibly want to exclude primary weapons, NVG and rangefinders though!) for those who make a threshold donation. That would be not too unbalancing and might provoke a large number of players to donate at the moment.

So long as you include donation stimulus or no i'll be donating once my studnt loan comes in and i can find the link.

Edited by gurei

Game purchase only.

Studio Developed.

and whatever it takes not to listen to cod/BF kiddies

It's not worth a monthly fee. buy the game, studio developed for polish. DLC or addon to ARMA 3 is OK. NO microtransactions. I hate those.

One of payment, no subscriptions.

Studio Development

No Kickstarter, all a Kickstarter says is "Help, I wan't to make games but have no means or skills to do so, and require massive funding" You've got the skills already, you've got the fanbase already, you don't need a kickstarter to make a good game.

Game purchase only would be nice... I dislike all games that are free and require you to pay for all of your shit.

Shit is getting serious. These are my thoughts alone.

I believe if you put it as a WoW Style model, the £8 fee would not work for this game, as there is no "End Game" however a £3 a month fee would probably work, and would keep money streaming.

Paying for the game, That's great and you make alot of cash of the sales, but what sustains that? Nothing, you have no reserve you could start developing smaller maps and release them as "DLC" maps and charge for them, but that would not work either and i would just refuse to buy 1map or 2maps, and you cannot add guns into the equation either as that make's it extremely unfair on people who do not have alot of money.

F2P, Never has really worked for anything, you have to do it in a way that does not make it unfair, and that's fairly hard to achieve, for example how can you justify charging £5 for an AS50, so someone who spawns instantly has the most god like sniper on the game, to someone who does not have alot of money? There is a fine line. A small work-around could be something like, You pay £5 And for the next 30day's you get 3 cans of coke and 3 cans of food in your inventory as soon as you spawn, or you could say £5 and for the next 30 day's you will get GPS/Compass/Map/hatchet/matches/hunting knife these are just some examples, i do not believe you should ever restrict any part of the game and force someone to pay for it, "NEW MAP GUIZ PAY £10 OR GTFO TROLOL" That will not work and it will kill the game, but Paying £5 for 3 cans of food and 3 cans of coke for 30days if you die you respawn and there is another 3 food/coke, i believe that something like that would work, but buying weapons and access to certain areas of the game, that would not work has demonstrated many times with the amount of game's that are going Free2Play

The actual development of the game should be done as independent as possible, For example Bohemia set's you up with a company, and your company would be the sister company of Bohemia, as rockstar is to Take 2, the same thing here, You develop the game as an independent studio, and take feedback from the community to tweak things fix things and listen to suggestions. Bohemia get's a cut of the sales as they would be the ones that would distribute the games, and or host them for Download, like-wise for steam, but stay the fuck away from EA/Activision. If you are pulling millions of dollars a year, no one is going to tell you to stop making them money, Like CoD they could probably ship out 2 terrible games a year, and still make billions of dollars on the game's.

As for the Development, you should create what you feel is best, listen to the community also but the overall design is going to be your idea, and what you envision and what you had set in mind, if something does not work it can be fixed or hot-fixed, and if the community has a idea you did not think of but might work, then you could play about with the idea. However, Please do not use the Arma engine, or Arma 3 Engine, just stay away from the engine, i know you probably helped to create it, but something like Euphoria would be alot better suited to this game, trust me just go to there website and take a look, you will not regret it.

Edit, You do not need kick-starter for this game, just get a meeting with the Bohemia CEO's and ask them to set you up with a small development grant that would pay for the overall cost of the soft-ware you are going to use and staff wages for like 3months, you have probably made them close to 15Million dollars in 3Months, they won't say no to funding this project, stay away from kick-starter and just ask them, Fuck ill write them a letter and ask them if you want, as im sure thousands of others would too.

Edit 2 - The prices i have listed can be tweaked of course and are nothing set in stone, it was just an example of how you could work things.

P.S, This is the Euphoria Engine, now how much more would this game fucking rock with this Engine. Also i am aware it say's next gen console, but this software was used to make GTA and Read dead, both can be played on the PC so it converts well, it also opens the option of porting the game to Console.

Edited by Authentic92