rocket

IF this was an actual game...

Monthly fee + purchase

Studio

kick starter

dedicated team... i dont mind paying monthly for an amazing ass game. but it needs to have a dedicated team.

p.s. Wow blows.

Game purchase, then add content episodically and use DLC when you need cash. Stay away from cash-shop systems like the plague.

- One time payment

- Community developed

- Community servers

But why not have it continue to be a mod for ArmA 2 and ask BI to pay you something extra for the increase of sales that dayZ is causing.

League of Legends style. Able to buy shit which doesn't affect in-game experience.

Game purchase only.(I wouldn't pay monthly for any game, and F2P with items bought with real money would be abused to be the best in the game.)

Studio developed.

Studio servers.(Community servers would be abused in many ways and totally disagree with community servers.)

Yes Kickstarter(You deserve cash and I am sure there are many people out there that would donate to you, and I think you should start a Kickstarter, help you out some.)

- Game purchase Only

- Studio developed (but don't alienate the community)

- Studio servers mostly (more reliable, can be held accountable if there is abuse)

- Yes, use kick starter. Any and all help is good.

I'd only play if it was a $60 purchase or something. I don't want to have to purchase stuff like that.

It has to be a game purchase.

The game should be developed by a Studio, but with heavy community support! Always listen to your community.

A kickstarter might not be a bad way to raise capital, but don't rely on those who donate for ideas/gameplay.

Game purchase only.

Studio or community developed, whichever group would be better stewards moving forward.

Community servers would be nice, but exploitable. The ability to have a private server for LAN parties is relevant to my interests.

DLC for ArmA 3............. perhaps expansion for the price of OA when it came out, but obviously with as many features and improvements like OA brought to A2.

Developed by BIS

Run it the same all ArmA servers were run, unless BIS is now flush with cash and they want to set up servers for us.

Game purchase only

studio developed

Community and studio servers (with srtong anti cheat system)

Kickstarter: i dont' know

Game purchase only.

Community developed.

And I'd be more than willing to help fund via kickstarter.

I prefer the monthly pay model. Maybe something like $5-$10 a month. I've found that communities in monthly pay games are superior to F2P model.

Shit is gettin serious.

If this was made as a stand alone game' date=' or as part of some particular existing game, what kind of consumer model would you want to play it on?

How would you rather pay for it?

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez)

- Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez)

- Free to play, buy your shit?

- Something else?

Also:

- Community developed or studio developed?

- Community or studio servers? or both?

- Kickstarter? or not?

Please try and stick to short sentences, its much easier for me to get broad feedback.

[/quote']

sorry but this might not be as short of a reply as u would like rocket :<

1. i would like this mod to be a stand-alone game. just like BF2 project reality (im pretty sure thats a standalone game)

2. if purchase would be required heres my thoughts on the choices:

A) monthly fee: i hate monthly fee, its annoying and costly and i see no other reason of having it other then leeching money from consumers.

B) Game purchase only: if u mean like a one time buy, like buying a retail game from a store then i think thats the right way to go.

C) Free to play: IMO this is the worst possible choice, it ruins the game because u have to pay for the best items instead of taking the time to earn them, which in-turn means any fresh new player can have better stuff then the veterans. and that in-turn may corrupt the games community.

4. as for the rest, i have limited knowledge of the rest of asked opinions so i cant comment on them.

side note: keep up the great work rocket!

Game Purchase only, preferably available from Steam.

Studio developed

community and studio Servers

- I would not buy a subscription game, im paranoid about my credit card details :D

EDIT: I Agree with what the person above says.

- Game purchase only.

F2P is broken in 99.9% of cases, a subscription model could work if the servers were much(much) more massive though.

- Community developed.

In my experience as a player, community created games are much more open to feedback and evolve much more rapidly.

-Both types of servers.

Community servers could run their own maps and/or their own customization, studio servers would be uniform allowing players to hop on any server and have the same experience.

- Kickstarter.

Probably isn't required but would be a nice boost on-top of the influx of ArmA2 sales.

the game already costs money, but not a lot of money, so yeah, that's fine, so long as its around the same price, that wouldn't be an unexpected cost.

if a ftp and ptp versions can exist together, that seems to be the way to go these days. what ptp game hasn't gone ftp? is anyone these days shocked that ftp games have pay models too? 4 or 6 month plans seem good.

studio developed with community feedback- community designed games tend to lack.. design

studio has the server! big servers!

kickstart as needed. subscription could be a kickstarter premium.

as DePessimist says above, pay game community is better usually.

more demands the game makes in hardware, bandwidth, cost, the more earnest the people playing.

of course you don't want to shut people out just for the sake of shutting people out, but a purely free offering is going to get players that just don't care bout nuthin.

A demo would be cool to try out, but past that: game purchase only with purchasable skins for your character(with corresponding bandit skins).

What about studio developed with strong community input? It doesn't have to be either/or, the people remaking Shadowrun(with the original lead designer of the tabletop game) as an isometric RPG are doing it via Kickstarter.

Private servers are essential to popularity to this type of game, studio-run servers can still exist.

I would definitely agree with a Kickstarter to support and improve the mod itself. Don't know about a standalone game though, things usually turn bad when they get too serious.

One time purchase or small monthly fee

Studio developed

Community and studio servers

Kickstarter would probably be an easy sell

anything BUT monthly fee like wow

seriousely after playing that game since 2006 left me bitter when anything tries to copy wow

one time fee @ $49.99 is reasonable

hell i paid for co and the dlc (for the extra textures not for content LOL) JUST for this mod, recommended one to friend and he loves it, at the process of recommending another friend.

seriousely the crowd who tend to play this mod is usually adults with jobs and we would GLADLY support a project that trys to bring gaming that isnt another COD.....

either way ill buy arma 3 just for the updated version of this mod no doubt or if you choose to make a stand alone game, ill buy that along with my friends

also the word of this mod is starting to spread to asia countries like korea japan, china and taiwan too.

1 time fee buy the game then play multi player for free

Subscription nobody will want to pay except maybe 25% of the pop

With freemium you will unbalance the game

-Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez) I hate the 1 month fee to play a game. thats why I only want to buy the game once.

- Community developed or studio developed? I think we get a more serious game if its studio developed. but you still need to listen to your players what they want and what have to be changed.

- Community or studio servers? or both? both,

- Kickstarter? or not? go for kickstarter, I think more money better game :)