rocket

IF this was an actual game...

Game purchase only

Studio developed with community insight.

Having a monthly subscription fee, or having free-2-play, pay-2-win gameplay would be absolutely unacceptable!

Game purchase please.

Studio developed preferably but it's no deal breaker for me.

I wouldn't mind to see DayZ in a Kickstarter context.

And.......I hope the mod makes it into ArmA 3 somehow :)

Game Purchase only, because seriously, the game would pay for itself considering it's theme and it's success and popularity it already has as a alpha-mod. People are buying Arma just to play this. You should add this Mod on Desura too.

Honestly' date=' I would never pay a cent for this mod. Too much random killing, not polished enough. You should be thinking about this when it's at least in beta.

[/quote']

I am pretty much getting sick of people complaining about the player killing when it is part of the mod. They aren't just planning ahead, they are seeing what the community wants to see "IF" this becomes a game.

@Thread,

Game Purchase,

Studio Developed,

Kickstarter.

~Derranged

Personally, I think the mod should stick with Arma so it does not lose its roots when transferring to a commercial product. I think it would be perfect as a paid expansion to Arma 3 with dedicated servers similar to how it is now.

Personally' date=' I think the mod should stick with Arma so it does not lose its roots when transferring to a commercial product. I think it would be perfect as a paid expansion to Arma 3 with dedicated servers similar to how it is now.

[/quote']

You do realize that many people who are interested in DayZ couldn't care less about ArmA series?

Why force them to pay additional 50€ to other company when as standalone most of the profits go to DayZ devs?

Game Purchase

Studio Developed allowing some community content as well

I would prefer Game purchase only. Not a fan of Monthly fees

I can't see "Free to play, buy your shit?" model working for DayZ. You can guarantee someones mum will buy them all this sweet gear this kid will join a server and get ganked and shitstorm from parents about losing all his stuff. I feel a major part of the suspense of the mod is the chance you may loose all your treasured items.

The rest I'm not bothered about so long as I get a local server to play on and the whole thing doesn't become purely profit driven and end up with stupid micro transactions studio's seem to be so fond of these days.

Is this for real?

To all the people that are new to ARMA...there are other zombie mod out there, there is a gta mod, there is a predator mod, and these are just 4 of about 7000+ mod you can find here

http://www.armaholic.com/

Dayz mod required no effort compared to ACE and ACRE, and many others.

Don't buy the mod fuck.

Game purchase, most definitely. No need for a monthly fee if people are going to host their own servers, or at least have the option to.

Is this for real?

To all the people that are new to ARMA...there are other zombie mod out there' date=' there is a gta mod, there is a predator mod, and these are just 4 of about 7000+ mod you can find here

http://www.armaholic.com/

Dayz mod required no effort compared to ACE and ACRE, and many others.

Don't buy the mod fuck.

[/quote']

Do you consider yourself a comedian? Or did you completely miss-read the whole entire thread?

You obviously didn't read a single word that was typed up by Rocket. Let me help you out though.

Title: IF this was an actual game...

Now, see the "IF"? Do you understand what this means? Wait, do you even understand what the whole entire title means?

Now, go back to the main post and re-read ALL of it:

~Derranged

The mod will always be alive...

Now that being said that the effort to do dayz mod is not comparable to ACE AND ACRE mod, that are free.

That being said that there are thousand of awesome mods.

Why we should pay?

The mod will always be alive...

Now that being said that the effort to do dayz mod is not comparable to ACE AND ACRE mod' date=' that are free.

That being said that there are thousand of awesome mods.

Why we should pay?

[/quote']

And this is where I have to say, you STILL have not read the thread.

The thread is about the mod becoming a game, NOT a mod for ArmA 2. A totally different Game, do you understand now?

Just like Battlefield, Call Of Duty, Bioshock, ArmA, Dead Space, Halo, ect.

~Derranged

This mod has a long way to go before I would consider it a game, add alot for content before considering the switch.

Besides that I enjoy the arma2 zombie world and the two really mix well from your work

The main thing that would be an issue: Putting a bunch of work into the current framework for another game, or being allowed the freedom of your own engine, but needing the extra time in order to build said engine, and having wasted some portion of the time working up to this point.

Sure, the ideas are there, but needing to switch to a different engine, map, and having to build the vast majority of the resources we take for granted in ArmA2 (aiming, movement, even just trees, buildings and cans of beans) from scratch would take a while for a transfer.

I think it'd be worth it, in the end, because then they wouldn't have to wait for ArmA2's dev team to push out updates in an attempt to update their older game while they gear up for ArmA3. But for now, it's a matter of trying to develop and solidify content, I suppose.

I bought OA for your mod only. So one word : finish it please.

-Game Purchase only

-Community developed, as less likely the game is to be forgotten by developers.

-Community and Studio servers

-Kickstarter

I personally don't want this to be 'new' game.

ArmA3 must hit top sales in all world..and THAT mod will bring new people to find out

"what they are missing" all this time not buying ArmA.

ArmA3 will be benefited technically from some functions needed for this mod-and THIS mod will be benefited by ArmA3's technical evolution (compared to ArmA2)

I just don't know..

I can understand that "money should be made on this mod" but..help ArmA3 and..make it DLC imo

I'll be honest, I don't want DayZ as its own game. It's not that I wouldn't/couldn't pay for it, but I think ArmA holds it up. Take away ArmA and what do you have? I'll tell you what you don't have;- a realistic simulation of HOW a survivor would experience a pandemic (movement, graphics, gunplay, etc). And unless you want to rip these mechanics straight from ArmA2 (which quite a few people would be very much against) and put them onto a separate game, you cannot recreate that same feeling that people have even gone back and brought Arma2 for!

I think having it as DLC for ArmA3 would be the best option here. Run a small kick starter if you need as well as I'd be more than willing to give it a push.

I love this mod and cant wait for the day the bugs are gone, so thank you Rocket and his team for bringing us this far, and here's to the future...