rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

Now that everything is working properly (at least how the game is designed) items are saved to the server's harddrive and they actually remain there even after restart. Now if you take everything out but do not save it, as far as the server knows, nothing has changed. The data on the harddrive is not overwritten unless a player manually saves it. Of course the items will reappear after restart.

Ah so tent contents still revert back to the original loadout and thus dupe, but NOT if you manually save the tent after removing or adding items? that's one step closer at least, and like you say, having the server force tent saves regularly would be an answer. Beans.

Speaking of blood and the debug monitor, was just playing today and was bleeding after a brief zombie attack, though my blood showed no signs of bleeding, only reason I noticed was I saw my blood dropping in the debug box. For reasons like this the debug is great. But as it is personal preference if you would like it on or not I say it should be a server option to allow it or not just like 3rd person. Let people who hate the thing join servers where no one gets it, thus allowing the same level of realism for anyone joining it. While allowing people who can't play without it servers that always have it up.

Regarding tents, I believe Rocket has addressed numerous times that "duping" items is not going to be something that the mod will have a fix for. So things saved in tents will always reappear after a server restart if you have not manually saved them after removing equipment. 1.7.2.5 had a known issue with the initial save, thats what this update sounds like its addressing, no mention of duping.

Regarding blood, if you can not tell the difference between 8k and 12k then I think you have bigger problems than the lack of a debug monitor. Not only will the blood icon be noticeably different in color but everything starts to get pretty grey when you get down below 9k blood. Plus I would think you should have a pretty good idea of how beaten up you are if you're paying attention to whats going on in game. In terms of PvP, always keep yourself above 8k, when in doubt assume you're below that and blood bag/raw meat yourself. This isn't Rocket surgery folks, if the debug monitor had numbers for your food and water i'm sure people would be complaining about that too, but as you can see we do fine without them.

Apologies if this has been posted already, but can anyone confirm if the vehicle positions are saving correctly now? Saved a chopper last night and today its gone. Just curious if it reset to its spawn location or if it was taken.

@esuoh

actually the colors fade to grey the less blood you have. At a certain point (i think must be ~5000 or ~4000 blood) I heard a very progressiv heartbeat. So you know about your blood.

Ive you´ve read all the post correct, you would know, that rocket already said, the the debug menu is a plus while developing. If he will follow his idea, and i hope so, the debug monito makes no sense. I dont know why some people dont understand that. I understand your wish to have it or in other words i understand that you want to be save, same with humanity, but in the end you have to deal without that. I really believe it will happen.

And dont get me wrong, i dont wanna fight, I only count 1+1 together.

Edited by TR!PLE

so im stupid for wanting an option?

the same option that used to be available?

what an awesome community.

No you're not "stupid". You have ignorance when it comes to how torrents work. Totally separate thing.

• Like 2

No, you're just being fussy and wasting your own time in the process.

It will LITERALLY take you two minutes to go and download Bittorrent. No hassle, no fuss, and you get everything you need.

They clearly made it a torrent to take stress off their servers. It takes a lot of time and effort to keep a download server running under such high demand, and all they ask as a trade-off is that you spend two minutes of your life to download a some torrent software for legitimate purposes.

Man up and go get that goddamn patch already.

What he said....except utorrent > bittorrent. :lol:

• Like 1

Agreed, I always use utorrent. Love that program, only issues it ever gave me were problems with the torrents themselves.

• Like 1

One thing iv'e noticed is that when the server restarts your vehicles start with no gas?

One thing iv'e noticed is that when the server restarts your vehicles start with no gas?

Large improvement over respawning broken somewhere.
  • Like 3

Large improvement over respawning broken somewhere.

Agreed. I'll take easily stockable Jerry cans over my vehicles going on holiday somewhere. :P

Rocket has acknownledged this bug already in a tweet. A server side fix only, and on its way, iirc soonish.

Very good, at least this can be a quick fix and not requiring another update.

torrent SUCKS. why cant we just get a .rar like we used to? 6updater SUCKS. dzcommander SUCKS. auto update stuff SUCKS. who knows what kind of shit its really doing. what happened to the manual install anyway? some of us can actually handle it and prefer it. torrent requires another program and some of us are not willing to do that.

reminds me of you must use internet explorer. SUCKS. at least have the option.

BitTorrent is a network protocol.

It's much more efficient and reliable then FTP and HTTP for file transfers.

BitTorrent does not require a standalone client. there are sites like http://www.bitlet.org that allow you to download and see torrents without installing one.

There are browsers like Opera for instance that support BitTorrent.

Also, chances are good that you've downloaded files over the Bittorrent protocol without even knowing it

there are several game clients that use it to download the game and updates.

There are also hardware devices that use it for firmware updates. D-link...Buffalo, Marvell....Netgear....... Microsoft, Dell,.....

You might want to do a little research before you say stuff about it.

• Like 3

if i turn on debug, icons on the right (audio/visibility noisemeter, temp, food, water and blood) are all green and dont show any change.

if i turn on debug, icons on the right (audio/visibility noisemeter, temp, food, water and blood) are all green and dont show any change.

Known issue. Just use the normal DayZ GUI.

Tents. Auto-save (just like inventory). No duping. Fixed.

Is this possible?

Also, just got artifacts in cherno, but was able to run through them, nowhere near as severe as they used to be. Was right by the square in front of the town hall

Tents. Auto-save (just like inventory). No duping. Fixed.

Yeah, is it possible for tents to auto save after every interaction? Remove the manual save function. Same goes for vehicles.

Edited by vandal GAB
  • Like 1

Hey there... I just did a fresh install Arma2/Arma2oa/Dayz 1.7.2.6 and everytime I connect to a game using "Play withSIX" I get to play for about 3 min I then get a black screen and I get the receiving message then it goes off then on again over and over, I also don't get the debug menu..

Day-Z.wmv

torrent SUCKS. why cant we just get a .rar like we used to?

Torrent owns and the .rar is clearly available for download right there on the download page. Not sure what the fuss is about?

Regarding tents, I believe Rocket has addressed numerous times that "duping" items is not going to be something that the mod will have a fix for. So things saved in tents will always reappear after a server restart if you have not manually saved them after removing equipment. 1.7.2.5 had a known issue with the initial save, thats what this update sounds like its addressing, no mention of duping.

Regarding blood, if you can not tell the difference between 8k and 12k then I think you have bigger problems than the lack of a debug monitor. Not only will the blood icon be noticeably different in color but everything starts to get pretty grey when you get down below 9k blood. Plus I would think you should have a pretty good idea of how beaten up you are if you're paying attention to whats going on in game. In terms of PvP, always keep yourself above 8k, when in doubt assume you're below that and blood bag/raw meat yourself. This isn't Rocket surgery folks, if the debug monitor had numbers for your food and water i'm sure people would be complaining about that too, but as you can see we do fine without them.

If a mechanic is broken, like the tents and their duping, it should be taken out. Also like barbwire and artifacting. The fact that Rocket and his gang are so clueless and not doing it is what has ruined this mod. If they are like this now, how the heck are they going to be different with the standalone. This policy of introducing mechanics that end up broken and then letting it just stay there and then saying stupid things like "its the engine, there is nothing we can do," well then take the damn thing out. Add to this the fixation on tweaking things that are irrelevant. Pathetic.

Edited by boatie
  • Like 2