rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

are you still getting artifacts from dead soldiers, or barbed wire?

Yes. Please pay more attention to the users bug reports.

are you really gonna say with a straight face that 1.7.2.6 is a "step back" from 1.7.2.5?

Yes.

daze23, on 09 September 2012 - 03:06 AM, said:

are you still getting artifacts from dead soldiers, or barbed wire?

are you really gonna say with a straight face that 1.7.2.6 is a "step back" from 1.7.2.5?

Yes.

lol "Yes" is not an appropriate response to a question with the word "or" in it... are you getting artefacts from the dead soldiers? This release is only supposed to fix the dead soldiers glitching, not the barbed wire issues. The barbed wire artefacts are FAR less invasive and don't do much to ruin the game (in my experience, perhaps other have it worse) so the patch is NOT a step backwards, because the game is now entirely playable near Berezino, Elektro, Cherno, Stary, NWAF, Balota and anywhere else I haven't thought of...

"yes" you're getting them from soldiers, or "yes" you're getting them from barbed wire?

I just checked the bug report forum, and there's been no mention of the artifacts since 1.7.2.6 came out. as far as I know, everyone in this thread that has mentioned them said they were coming from barbed wire, or they couldn't confirm where they were coming from

can you confirm you are still getting artifacts from dead soldiers using 1.7.2.6?

Edited by daze23

The graphics glitches are fixed to a 80-90% which is great. Cars etc. are back and so are tents great. Can't play with debug screen and still see ur hunger, thirst, etc. Make it unplayable period. Step back in my option will stay on 1.7.2.5.

The graphics glitches are fixed to a 80-90% which is great. Cars etc. are back and so are tents great. Can't play with debug screen and still see ur hunger, thirst, etc. Make it unplayable period. Step back in my option will stay on 1.7.2.5.

What makes it unplayable?

Edited by Shabadu_

Again, the inability to see ur hunger, thirst, cold meters while using the debug screen. They stay full even if ur dieing from hunger. Ucant see the white cross in blood when bleeding ether. So far me and all my allies have this problem on every server we tried.

Look at the first post in this thread and u will see this:

* DayZ UI Debug option is not working properlly (no debug indicator at the moment). deal-with-it.jpg

That means: THEY KNOW IT AND THEY SAID IT!

Edited by J0K2

Sorry I don't read every item of a 27 page topic I skim and may miss stuff even if its a small sentance in the first post. I report what problems I have just incase. If I double post a problem that some else has then o well its better than just not saying anythin

Again, the inability to see ur hunger, thirst, cold meters while using the debug screen. They stay full even if ur dieing from hunger. Ucant see the white cross in blood when bleeding ether. So far me and all my allies have this problem on every server we tried.

So don't use the debug monitor, it's not needed...

Also, if you have the debug monitor up, you know when you're dying of thirst or hunger because your blood starts going down, surely? Also, you can tell you're bleeding because blood comes out of your body (perhaps an issue on non-third-person servers) but again your blood is going down in the debug monitor.

True u can but I'd rather not have cars and tents then go without ether of these. They are constaint problems rather than every so often bugs. If this is fixed in next patch I'd upgrade, the work on graphical error fix was amazing comapired to 1.7.2.5.

Last time the thread had to be locked because people couldn't stay on topic.

Or you could just delete off topic and flaming, get some serious moderation going in these forums.

It sure as hell needs it.

• Like 2

How are they constant problems? Just eat and drink regularly and you won't have a problem... Bleeding is easily spotted by the debug monitor you so desperately desire to keep (which by it's very namesake, suggests it won't be staying, so better to get used to not having it).

I've just tested the tents again and I can confirm that they are still broken. Here's what happened (and please keep in mind I do always remember to save):

I put up tent A yesterday and I put my as50 and 5 mags in it. I parked my ATV with several car parts inside next to it. Both were well hidden and far from towns or roads.

This morning (after a server restart) everything in the tent was gone. But the ATV and the items inside were intact.

So to confirm my suspicions I put up tent B a few meters away and put a cooked meat in it.

Tonight (after a server restart) I check tent B and sure enough the cooked meat is gone. I check tent A to see if my originally placed as50 and 5 mags reappeared, but it is still empty.

My ATV is completely intact with all the stuff in it.

Conclusion: use vehicles as tents.

Edited by kevinyoki2

That's how tents worked before they were broken. You put them down, and they get "finalized" after a server restart. Once that happens it's safe to store stuff in them. But the first restart right after you pitch them will always wipe the contents.

• Like 1

sadly vehicles are still not totally saving. A buddy and I Got a sweet van up and running and it bugged out :(

Confirmed...tents are hit and miss.

I placed a fresh tent, put in items , saved then left for a few hrs.

logged in items still there, friend put stuff in tent and still there,

friend gave me an m9sd so i placed G17 along with mags in tent, saved then left for 5hrs.

after server restart G17 is gone but mags are still there plus some better loot than G17 was in there so why not take them?

Could it be possible if person A and person B be placing items in tent at same time, and person A saves it before person B is done placing items, that person B's items are lost and person A's is not?

I also did a test, I grabbed 4 mags for G17 out of my tent and logged off real quick without saving it.....and with a server restart it shows the correct number of mags remaining......I'm confused :-$

Alright, now I should be able to visit the airfield by Cherno again! It just seemed to get progressively worse over the past few weeks, from a small annoying aspect, to becoming so bad I could literally not see anything if I looked anywhere in that direction lol

That's how tents worked before they were broken. You put them down, and they get "finalized" after a server restart. Once that happens it's safe to store stuff in them. But the first restart right after you pitch them will always wipe the contents.

Yeah I have had this issue - and after first server restart tent starts to save items. When I pitch tent I put some low value stuff on it and after it have been disappeared I put "real" stuff in...

I've just tested the tents again and I can confirm that they are still broken. Here's what happened (and please keep in mind I do always remember to save):

I put up tent A yesterday and I put my as50 and 5 mags in it. I parked my ATV with several car parts inside next to it. Both were well hidden and far from towns or roads.

This morning (after a server restart) everything in the tent was gone. But the ATV and the items inside were intact.

So to confirm my suspicions I put up tent B a few meters away and put a cooked meat in it.

Tonight (after a server restart) I check tent B and sure enough the cooked meat is gone. I check tent A to see if my originally placed as50 and 5 mags reappeared, but it is still empty.

My ATV is completely intact with all the stuff in it.

Conclusion: use vehicles as tents.

as above. all our medical supplies and weapons (6 tents in all) have just vanished after a server restart. Ural still has all our gear we couldnt fit in the tents still saved so yes vehicles save and tents do not.

My group found 3 vehicles last night, fixed them up and put them out in the woods with stuff in them.

I logged onto the server about 2 hours before restart, still there, logged in an hour after restart, vehicles completely gone.

I havent tested many tents but they seem to not save stuff either. getting frustrating having to fix vehicles everyday, be nice to have it when the whole group gets together instead of spending 3 hours finding parts and vehicles again. wouldnt be so bad if tents would save stuff, could just store alot of parts. but neither seem to be working.

So glad Backpacks got mostly fixed in this update!

Also so glad not to see any stupid artifacts

Thanks Rocket, I can officially play this again.

Edited by k4killer

Can someone pls tell me, what this update is good for? I still cant play the game because of cheaters... You can bring 100 updates, it wont change the you-cant-play-the-game-problem...

People are only bothered about tents and cars not saving because they want to consistently dupe shit. They should fucking fix that more than anything

• Like 1

Look at the first post in this thread and u will see this:

That means: THEY KNOW IT AND THEY SAID IT!

Really, what is wrong with you people?

Indicator ARE WORKING FINE, if you dont use the damn debug monitor WHICH YOU DONT NEED!

Patch was success in overall it did what it was ment to in the first place, only the fuel bug came up and its priority and done with the server side as rocket have stated.

If you CANT PLAY the game because you cant see the debug monitor then you just might stop playing this instant, because it will not be in the final game! How is it so hard to understand, even if you want it wont be present and fixed so stop crying about it. You know why its called DEBUG screen?

Rocket, if you read this hotfix that you remove the whole option to use the damn debug.. would be better for all. Sure these guys would still cry but at least there woudnt be any misunderstanding what should be ingame and what should not.

ps. Let me link this again for all these people

http://dayzmod.com/f...440#entry833284

Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 4

People are only bothered about tents and cars not saving because they want to consistently dupe shit. They should fucking fix that more than anything

utter codswallop.

Having the tents fixed makes the game enjoyable so if we want to loot and store it all then we should be able to properly without the duping nonsense and gear going missing every restart. Only thing fun to do presently is just kill other players down in the 2 main towns.