rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

Surely you can tell when you are bleeding without needing the flashing cross? That red stuff pissing out of your arse - that's blood.

it's hard to see if you're playing in first person, and sometimes elusive even in 3rd person

From what i understand soon the HUD will go completely and you will need visual and audio cues to tell when you are hungry/bleeding etc.

Treat this as a test run. Surely you can tell when you are bleeding without needing the flashing cross? That red stuff pissing out of your arse - that's blood.

As for the Debug - this was always going to go - why should you know how many zombies are around?

With 3D off and blood turned down low its almost impossible to see yourself bleed. and food and drink? how we gonna know if we need to eat untill we start loosing blood with the HUD off.

From what i understand soon the HUD will go completely and you will need visual and audio cues to tell when you are hungry/bleeding etc.

Treat this as a test run. Surely you can tell when you are bleeding without needing the flashing cross? That red stuff pissing out of your arse - that's blood.

Ummmm, I dont know, because in first person, you are zoomed out and cannot see your "arse"!!!!????

• Like 1

hey i am completely new to this... do i have to update my dayz mod so i can play? or does it auto update through the game? or is this just a server side thing?

thanks for the help. I love this game and cant wait till the standalone

Yes, you will need to download the files and paste them into your addons folder.

Reading the radio silence post by Rocket led me to believe this patch was going to be delayed so I am definitely happy to see a patch at this point. Here is to hoping vehicle problems and graphic glitches are a thing of the past (never really cared about tents).

Edit: Everyone should use Dayz Commander to update in the easiest fashion available, come on guys SixLauncher (Six Play, who cares still hate it) is a POS.

Re-Edit: Blood issue sucks, I have always been bad at spotting bleeding even with the blinking cross so I am sure I will lose blood from my own stupidity, but then again that sounds like my problem and not the games.

Edited by Zombie Jesus

Am I missing something or did you forget to upload the new hyve/dayz_server to "that special place for serveradmins"?

Check your e-mail, was a notice sent out to server admins with the link for the files.

I think the food and drink should be relatively straight forward to keep ontop of. Just eat and drink at regular intervals. Do we all eat and drink when we are dying of thirst or starving? Perhaps after performing a marathon running session you might want to have a little drink?

As for bleeding, i agree it is a little hard to see sometimes. Perhaps an audio mechanic could be added - maybe your character says "I'm fucking bleeding here!!"

And please DrWho1968, dont go all "First Person Hero" on me?

Where direct links to FTP for manually install?

Why do I have to install any more software?

Disrespect for rocket and team for this!

Thank you, SqTH!

Rocket,

In your interviews you have discussed increasing the difficulty level of the infected. I am assuming you have attempted to increase it, because I'm aggroing everything from everywhere. I can't even crawl past an infected that's 20 metres away without aggroing. If I'm crouching or stood up, I noticed I could aggro from 70-100 metres away

Is anybody else experiencing this?

I understand experimenting with it, but this "fix", if it has been implemented, has completely removed stealth from the game.

I haven't had a chance to test vehicles or tents tonight and I know the HUD isn't working when Debug is enabled. Also, ammo exploit is definitely fixed. No more infinite revolver or 1911 ammo.

7/10 (for now)

Edited by Hobnobskid
  • Like 1

Where direct links to FTP for manually install?

Why do I have to install any more software?

Disrespect for rocket and team for this!

Thank you, SqTH!

If you don't have a BitTorrent client installed use this

http://www.bitlet.org/

and use this link to download: http://www.dayzmod.c...1.7.2.6.torrent

Torrents are the future.... embrace it

For a lean and mean no bloat BitTorrent client. Use an older version of uTorrent [Last version before the bloat set in]

http://www.oldversion.com/download-uTorrent-2.2.1.25302.html

Edited by jblackrupert

Vehicles seem to have an increased spawn rate and zombies appear to spawn (1) more quickly and (2) in larger batches. Woo hoo, just had a great drive around Chernarus on a variety of vehicles. If you added more vehicles Rocket, you have done the world a favour. This cries for "drive by" shootings implementation in stand alone, longer term.

Separately, the old graphics glitch triangles are gone. I only experienced one new graphics glitch.

In a 2-seater white pickup truck, heading north to south past the Electro power station, I hit a glitch for about 5-10 seconds. Similar to the looks of the old one, but smaller more acute triangles and spiralling in colour and black and white and was showing triangles of day even though it was around 9 PM game time at night.

So, after a solid 4 hours of play tonight, just the one glitch. Halleluiah!

cant tell why your too much of an asshole to tell us why u had to mess up the monitor so you just try and troll people?

get off your high horse you fucking goof and quit breaking shit that was working fine.

get off you comp and get a life.

Yay. ATV's at full speed again!

I see no changlog notes about this one, he only mentioned it as a wip (work in progress) item, so probably not in this patch...

With 3D off and blood turned down low its almost impossible to see yourself bleed. and food and drink? how we gonna know if we need to eat untill we start loosing blood with the HUD off.

that's a good point as well. I know people feel like the icons aren't realistic, but honestly it the same for any arbitrary 'visual cue'. IRL when you're hungry or thirsty, you 'feel' it, but I'm not sure how to properly do that in a video game

Tents do not "save", at least you cannot "save old camping tent", and YES I use it. I stock up various places around the map, so I have things hidden in case I die I can find (hopefully) one of my tents with some basics already stocked. Also on tents, I cannot "pack" one up after it is placed.... Empty or with items in it.

Other than these items, game working much better. Thanks Rocket and crew....

Good job, make it stable and rid of game breaking bugs/glitches than work on that stand alone!

• Like 1

What in the flying fuck is an infected hunter? Other players? Do other players spawn bear traps when I kill them?