mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

Lol at people saying remove it because people use it to block places.

Because a fucking zombie infested apocalyptic world would have no challenges whatsoever when it comes to access.

Bunch of fucking retards. First time I've ever lost any faith in the dev team for even considering taking it out.

Cool your tits they need to remove or make it so we can jump over it only makes sense it's not like they are 5ft tAll we should be able to go over them

REMOVE THIS INSTEAD:

I have this massive problem whereby when I try to take another man's gear out of his backpack he turns around and shoots me.

If you were to remove the function that makes me crouch when I enter his bag then he wouldn't know, and I could loot in peace.

ALSO, there's this other issue that needs removing; when I shoot at another player he shoots back. This makes it harder for me to kill him so he should have his weapon stripped from him. Maybe just remove all the other players, so everything is easy for me and I won't have to cry like a little bitch on the forum any more....

• Like 3

Voted!

And Matt Lightfoot, could you please consider the tents/vehicles wipe with this upcoming patch or discuss it with Rocket please? :D

Remove it please! It is so annoying! If you're a new spawn and want to find a weapon in one of the fire stations chances are 9.5 out of 10 that some a****hole blocked all the ways in. Even with a toolbox I've never been able to remove barbed wire.

On second thought, you might just remove it. zombies warp through them as if they weren't there, and it's current purpose is only to block passage to lootable buildings (by trolls). It's passed its purpose in it's current state, so might as wel remove it.

• Like 1

Please remove due to glitches and add back in when fixed.

Remove it please! It is so annoying! If you're a new spawn and want to find a weapon in one of the fire stations chances are 9.5 out of 10 that some a****hole blocked all the ways in. Even with a toolbox I've never been able to remove barbed wire.

So they should remove it because of your incompetency? That makes sense.

• Like 1

Very very strange vote. "YES, remove it" - will be the vote for those who couldn't reach something because of it, and "NO, leave it" - for people who blocked something effectively and noone could enter.

This voting results will just show how many people liked it or not, and that just depends on their experience. These are very subjective results.

Barbed wire must be balanced! Not removed.

Introduce the pliers\nippers item, which spawn a lot in grages and industrial buildings and give an ability to remove barbed wire using these tools... make this removal process last 5 minutes or 10 minutes. But why removing a construction\fortification feature only because it wasn't completed? If you need, remove it until it is finished. But not completely.

Please, think about my idea. THanks.

Edited by -=PA=-Mikhail
  • Like 1

If it currently does not cause any bugs keep it. I was the guy who asked the question regarding above ground construction on the IGN Livestream. I strongly believe that the game should focus on above ground construction instead of implementing underground construction. Maybe reduce spawn chance of barbed wire, increase spawn chance for toolboxes a bit. This should balance it out.

I vote yes remove it. The only people who will have a problem with this are hackers and retarded 13 year old troll kids.

Not true. I'm not a hacker and I think barbed wire should stay. It's easy to get around barbed wire, be a man and look for a damn toolbox you baby. OR if you're REALLY bothered by it, then just server hop. No need to take out barbed wire on the basis of a couple of crybabies saying it's not fair and only beneficial to the haxxors. However, could barbed wire be improved upon and made less glitchy? Hell yeah - as with most things in DayZ.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket
  • Like 1

I know hacking and duping means this comment is almost pointless, but in an ideal world I would like to see barbed wire have a smaller spawn chance. Keep it, just less of it. I don't think I've ever seen a roll of barbed wire anywhere IRL. I can see 5 or 6 on my way from Kamenka to Cherno. And also, it should only probably spawn at farms and airfields. I can't see why it would be relevant to anywhere else.

Barbed wire story:

I raided a camp on LU1 at the weekend, it was at Zub castle and was literally barricaded off with 100 kits. With the small "aim zone" to get the remove option, it was an absolute nightmare getting in.

Barbed wire solution/fix:

If possible within the engine, make it easier to remove barbed wire.

• Like 1

I died because of them, i broken my legs because of them, i teleported onto roofs because of them. So yes, get rid of them.

Please dont remove it, creating defensible outposts is next to impossible without it.

A better fix would be to allow it to be removed with a hatchet, but it would make a lot of noise.

• Like 1

I voted yes because there are some fundamental flaws with barbed wire right now. I don't want to say that much because it requires its own thread but:

- It's pointless to use it as fortification because everybody can ghost into your base

- It will respawn after server restart even if someone removed it. With time the whole server is filled with useless barbed wire

- In most cases the script doesn't place it correctly, it's half in the ground and player can jump over it

Remove it for now, bring it back later when you have time to fix it.

Please don't remove them, but remove them from the spawnlist in the major cities where the only purpose they serve is to troll and blockoff main buildings forever.

Mikhail...

Despite your claim, I have NEVER used it. Not once. It has stopped me reaching an AK74 MANY TIMES in the fire station. I have then had to go and find a toolbox and come back, only to have to spend ages to take it down.

Does that mean I should want it gone? NO.

This community has too many impatient children and I was of the belief that the developers and Rocket would stand by their initial claims that this game would always follow the ideology behind it. It should be tough. It should be gruelling. We should have to take our time with things, figure things out. This will be the first of many things to be removed to accommodate the COD kiddies to try and stop them going playing WarZ.

Edited by Jim Bean
  • Like 3

i say keep them. When i see barbed wire it means someone has either been holding out in that building, or they still are, not like its hard to get rid of.

If..

A - it can always be removed with a toolbox

B - doesn't magically reappear once removed on server restart.

C - doesn't cause artifacts

D - it actually deters Z's

E - Causes humans to bleed jumping over.

remove please..

• Like 1

Barbed wire + sandbags + tank traps = PROTECTING YOUR ASSETS !!!!!

Even though all you need is a toolbox to take everything down, it will still help to guard your tents and vehicles that are now saving.

• Like 1

No, it should stay in the game

Edited by louie9