mattlightfoot

Should we remove barbed wire in the next update

Barbed Wire  

1. 1. Should we remove barbed wire?

• Yes
    • No

First correct the bug that make reappear barbed wire at reboot when we remove it.

Then, we'll vote.

Remove graphical glitches on dead soldiers frist PLEASE, wires no matter and no problem

It needs some tweaking for sure. I hardly see it being very useful other than to cause problems for players. Sand bags are fine, they have more use. Barbed wire, not really. So Yes.

I say NO. Leave them. having the ability to create a wall or something of that nauture is just cool. You can use a tool box to take them down. I would suggest to fix the bugs with the ones that cannot be taken down b/c they are put in a crappy place. Further tweaking of the barbed wire would be best.

It's a Real world item which is used to keep intruders out. Keep in mind DayZ is a Open Real Zombie infested world so keeping a nice tight lockdown on gear, vehicles or anything else is a key value for Survival.

• Like 1

since all i see it used for is griefing tool and because it dosnt stop zombies like i hoped it did, please remove it until you fix it.

The problem with barbed wires is how it's used to troll and how it's wasted.

Make it rarer, and you'll solve this. People won't use it to troll anymore.

• Like 1

Yes since it's only use is trolling if it would stop zombies that would be great but I think that would be too much to ask for

Edited by Magicool

Yes or make it spawn less often. People get it stuck in walls so you can't remove it and then its stuck there for the rest of life of the ID

YES

They are too buggy and difficult to take down in-game. When these issues are sorted they can be re-added because I think the ability to create barriers is an awesome feature.

Edited by Resao

Yus. Or the ability to slowly pass through them but it makes you bleed.

• Like 1

If they are fixed - as in stopping zeds, go away when removed, and dont glitch the server, then keep them, otherwise bench 'em 'til they're fixed...

If they are still causing graphic glitches for people, then yes. If the glitches have been solved in the update(god, I hope so) then no. They arent that awfully useful, but they are still a somewhat nice feature in basebuilding.