omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Common camp locations?

Does anybody have any tips as to where large player camps are usually located? The kind with vehicles and lots of tents and stuff. (I'm not going for hacked/duped things, I just want a GPS and maybe even a car) You don't have to tell me where YOUR camp is, but where they commonly are is appreciated. I have been running around the western and northernmost part of the map for several hours now, trying to find player camps. My luck is awful, and I, of course, can't find any. I've heard rumors that there are usually some around the open area north of Devil's Castle; can anybody confirm?

(Looked around in the search for a bit, trying to find a thread similar to this. Didn't.)

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Well don't expect to find many in this patch... But from personal experience, I've seen a few just on the border of the main coastal towns.

On one of my clans servers, all we do is look in a bush ;)

98% of camps are placed where most people would assume "yeah no one would look there". Look over the map, where would you put one or think it would be convenient to have one around that area? There are very few spots on the map where a camp cannot go unseen, however...there are a few spots.

Check the ATV mountain in between Prig and Elecktro. I used to have my camp there untill it was discovered :(

The couple camps I've encountered were in black forest.

Oh shit.

Edited by TheDiggler

Interested in this thread. Our camp got discovered in the middle of bloody nowhere, lost our vehicles and he killed us all. :(

• Like 2

Skalinsky island often has a few, but if you want hackers camps, then you can't beat the far NW corner of the map. The whole north is sparsely populated and a haven for tent cities, However the sheer size of it and the distance from the spawn points means you may spend some time in your quest

Old Fields has a few tents stashed here and there.

Skalinsky island often has a few, but if you want hackers camps, then you can't beat the far NW corner of the map. The whole north is sparsely populated and a haven for tent cities, However the sheer size of it and the distance from the spawn points means you may spend some time in your quest

I know Skalinsky island has tent cities often, the only problem is getting there. I don't have access to a chopper or boat. Any aid in this problem would be greatly appreciated.

(1,000th post)

Edited by omgwtfbbq

You just swim across.. you dont lose your gear anymore

I thought it was a server setting, not a bug

I went to Skalisty Island and found a white GAZ.

Don't ask LOL.

Look on top of hills, especially named ones. Kustryk and Leshnoy Krevitz (E of Stary) are common. Check up by Guba in the woods, east of the NE AF, Pobeda Dam, Skalka (tents are located behind the rocks on the hill), west of Zelen, etc. The border of the map used to be cool, but most people figured out that others would drive along the *line* looking inwards for tents, and moved em ~1km in from the borders. Not sure if tent cities still exist outside of map boundaries (I've never tried to set one up out there). Good luck

Edited by TheLoneRanger
  • Like 1

Look on top of hills, especially named ones. Kustryk and Leshnoy Krevitz (E of Stary) are common. Check up by Guba in the woods, east of the NE AF, Pobeda Dam, Skalka (tents are located behind the rocks on the hill), west of Zelen, etc. The border of the map used to be cool, but most people figured out that others would drive along the *line* looking inwards for tents, and moved em ~1km in from the borders. Not sure if tent cities still exist outside of map boundaries (I've never tried to set one up out there). Good luck

I'll go to Pobeda Dam, since I'm the closest to that.

Black Forest, Black Lake, North map borders and West map borders are the most common, since the last patch though everyone just stores everything near the cities, even if they get found they just replenish at the next restart. Hot tip: Look inside lakes/ponds, trees aren't the only place you can hide a tent.

I thought it was a server setting, not a bug

It is a server setting.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

You guys are looking in the wrong spots for the huuuge loaded and vehicle camps..

Noted.

This one is easy Around Way north Devils castle , THe out skirts far near the airfields, And Most of the time North east sides of the map along the forming river side of the map.

Normally just wander off out side and look into the map there always vehicles and Tents in stuff Iv fraps most of it.

I'll go to Pobeda Dam, since I'm the closest to that.

Yea and hills but The easiest camps to hit up Always when I die I can get fully geared up is at

Tulga , Msta , and Three valleys High rate in most servers to have tents or vehicles.