thermonuke1@gmail.com

Rocket: Losing faith.

I agree with some guys here.

Yes, the mod is broke as shit and there's a lot of bugs in it. Do i care? no. Is it affecting my gameplay? no.

The thing is I just try to enjoy the ride. This is a great free alpha mod and although I get very angry whenever i died for strange reasons i calm down and run to find a makarov :).

The update will be out when the update is out. At the moment we can't ask for anything else, Rocket never put this mod for public use, it just got around.

When the standalone comes out i will definitely ask for answers for every problem i encounter. In the meantime i will keep playing this, and have a blast. Armored kill is around the corner so that is going to represent a little pause for this. But i will then return; if 1.7.3 is out, great. If not, who cares! i didn't pay anything for this mod.

• Like 1

YES THE ARTIFACTING IN BALOTA AIRFIELD IS BEYOND RIDICULOUS! IT'S ABSOLUTELY BLINDING, TO THE POINT OF BREAKING THE DAMN GAME!

I'm ok with tents not saving, but I'm not ok with artefacting

Agreed, but the standalone seems most important right now. I can deal with the hackers because that's the first thing getting fixed in the standalone. I can deal with the graphic bugs because they won't be here in the standalone. And the standalone is coming VERY soon.

Agreed, but the standalone seems most important right now. I can deal with the hackers because that's the first thing getting fixed in the standalone. I can deal with the graphic bugs because they won't be here in the standalone. And the standalone is coming VERY soon.

Im kind of curious to see what happens if bugs occur in the standalone that they can't fix and what they'll say then.

Not wasting money on standalone when the mod is not even working properly what does that say about the standalone, nothing but bugs. Plus I cant even raid cites anymore since the graphic glitch prevents me from seeing, tried all the little fixs nothing works. disappointed get your alpha straight before talking about a standalone.

Edited by Kealtoast

"Its an alpha"

The funniest thing is its going to be.

The 'Standalone' is going to be an Alpha/early Beta again.

So all these die hards saying 'wait4standalone' are basically saying wait for the same shit again, but with hopefully more stable netcode, hack protection etc.

Very nice.

But doesn't address lack of content in the mod/game/whatever or the team lack of interest. For a start the past month or more Rockets made his comments on other sites than this, his official forum. Doesn't matter how busy you are, it takes 5 mins to make a info post/thread, and sticky it.

Edited by Never

My friend and I were just talking about this the other day...

I discovered the mod from a youtube video when it first started...bought Arma2...played it, 6 friends of mine then bought it...(3 of which upgraded or bought new computers to do so), now none of us are playing it. Though mostly due to hackers (we played specifically on one server that was hit daily that a friend had). So word of mouth can certainly make a difference, especially since one of my friends whom I got into it had a semi-popular Dayz oriented youtube chanel.

...what I'm trying to say is, while we understand this is Alpha, whenever "Hey, we should play Dayz" comes up, most of them have a sour taste in their mouth from the recent experience. Each patch that came out solved one thing, and seemed to bring on something else.

The OP is just offering some constructive criticism, and vocalizing what's really been going on. If you end up talking to other players, many players were getting fed up. It correlates well with the amount of players these days.

It's an Alpha for sure and takes time, but many feel as though it is not being handled very well and are entitled to that opinion. The durastic decrease in playerbase alone should be a concern.

• Like 1

This thread ..as good as some point are ,for an against, was really over before it was posted.

Rocket...

Well there IS some truth to the concerns, my intention here is to outline that we did consider the impact this would have - and we made the call that the benefit from doing this was more than the loss. Time will tell if this is a good or bad decision.

I aint clinging of the mans nipples and trying to squeeze his cock, but its a mod..for a game. I am sure we will all survive.

Btw , its the 6th of sept here ;)

Giddyup.

The game isn't going to see much development. Rocket is talking about a 2 month holiday to climb mount everest in April/May 2013 and use that as inspiration for his next game. Standalone is going to get maybe 3-4 months of development and then they will drop it. How much development is that? Its a profit exercise.

You wanna know something really f*cked up? There's people in other countries, and even in your own neighbourhood right now, paying a per month rate for World of Warcraft. Do you know how old that is? Blizzard makes a game that revolves and thrives around a player's ability to become mentally addicted to a video game, and you're crying because you missed this:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/84895-why-the-radio-silence/#entry799104

Worse thing that can happen to a game is that it becomes boring and thats what dayz has become.

Its boring to play with hackers, unless you want to become a douche yourself.

Its boring to play with broken mechanics, because what is the point of looting/stealing/saving anything?

Its boring to play on big servers, because within 30 minutes you will have a hacker show up.

Its boring to play on small servers, because this is not a single player game.

The sad part is that I don't see this getting any better any time soon. For myself, I will see you all when the standalone comes out. Given how many happy times I had, I will buy it for that alone, but Rocket and company had better improve their process, because they appear very unprofessional at this point. And to the mods who are attacking forum users, wtf is that about? Look to this thread for examples.

You all are going to be salty as fuck when the standalone is fucking awesome.

You're all a bunch of pessimists justifying your hate by calling everyone else a fanboy. You have no patience for the unique position this game-thing is in. If you can't respect the unusual development cycle DayZ is going through, then you really shouldn't participate in it. You, me, and all of us are fucking lucky DayZ got as far as it did. It's a mod, a mod that is going to be turned into a fully-fledged game. I can think of two other examples of this happening, and I shouldn't have to name them.

For the love of Christ, shut the fuck up about the conventions Rocket's been going to. If he hadn't gone he would not have forged the connections or attracted the attention he now has. It is crucial for someone without a marketing budget to have important people talking about his game. Without talk, there are no sales. Without sales, there is no game. We'd get a barebones standalone with great promise but nobody to make it happen.

On a related fucking note, he focused on dogs instead of bugfixes because he needed to impress these same people with features. He had to prove that he could create a game that has a multifaceted, full environment to interact with. These industry fatcats fucking know that bugs and hacking will be a much reduced problem with standalone, and Rocket knows they know. That part is crucial to understand; it was an important, if ill timed, choice he had to make. A bug-free game that has a short feature-span equates to a bite-sized game or a complete failure. Rocket is aiming for something much more than that.

Please, for the love of god, understand why things are happening before you start bitching and besmirching the good name of a pretty cool guy.

Edited by MoronToTheKore

You all are going to be salty as fuck when the standalone is fucking awesome.

You're all a bunch of pessimists justifying your hate by calling everyone else a fanboy. You have no patience for the unique position this game-thing is in. If you can't respect the unusual development cycle DayZ is going through, then you really shouldn't participate in it. You, me, and all of us are fucking lucky DayZ got as far as it did. It's a mod, a mod that is going to be turned into a fully-fledged game. I can think of two other examples of this happening, and I shouldn't have to name them.

For the love of Christ, shut the fuck up about the conventions Rocket's been going to. If he hadn't gone he would not have forged the connections or attracted the attention he now has. It is crucial for someone without a marketing budget to have important people talking about his game. Without talk, there are no sales. Without sales, there is no game. We'd get a barebones standalone with great promise but nobody to make it happen.

On a related fucking note, he focused on dogs instead of bugfixes because he needed to impress these same people with features. He had to prove that he could create a game that has a multifaceted, full environment to interact with. These industry fatcats fucking know that bugs and hacking will be a much reduced problem with standalone, and Rocket knows they know. That part is crucial to understand; it was an important, if ill timed, choice he had to make. A bug-free game that has a short feature-span equates to a bite-sized game or a complete failure. Rocket is aiming for something much more than that.

Please, for the love of god, understand why things are happening before you start bitching and besmirching the good name of a pretty cool guy.

Impress people with features? Like tents? 0.o

Impress people with features? Like tents? 0.o

...? Tents are already implemented so I'm unsure of the point you're trying to make. They worked before, that's all the proof that's needed that they'll work again. They're a feature. Currently broken, but still a feature that bug fixes will re-enable. Dogs are a new feature; it's more important that Rocket can show he can develop new features right now. Feature creation is what games are made of, bug fixing is rote work that is expected to a certain degree for all games.

...? Tents are already implemented so I'm unsure of the point you're trying to make. They worked before, that's all the proof that's needed that they'll work again. They're a feature. Currently broken, but still a feature that bug fixes will re-enable. Dogs are a new feature; it's more important that Rocket can show he can develop new features right now. Feature creation is what games are made of, bug fixing is rote work that is expected to a certain degree for all games.

How many months has it taken him to develop that one new feature that is still not even polished enough to be integrated into Alpha testing?

• Like 1

No I just dont understand you'r logic. If you're trying to impress people you implement complex features, aka tents, and keep them working.

How would anyone ever be impressed with breaking a key feature and instead of fixing it going "lol dogs!".

I don't think it would ever fly with any of my managers if I left one job incomplete to start another. I would be asked why didnt you finish before moving on? And I don't understand how its more important. For months now it's been quite obvious the majority of the complaints are: cheating and current features that are broken.

It would be like me trying to sell you a car that has 4 flats by saying I just tinted the windows.

Edited by ThermoNuke

In other news:

via twitter

Dean Hall@rocket2guns

@ImNicks15 I'm going to make a decision today whether to release a hotfix (1.7.2.6) or wait and release 1.7.3. If the hotfix, then very soon

Glad to see this finally. Who knows. Maybe we made an impact with this thread or others like it?

I for one hope we see a hotfix.

What both camps are too short sighted to see is not only does this fix some large issues but also buys time for Rocket to work on his features he wants to add without feeling rushed to put a full featured patch out.

Edited by ThermoNuke

I agree with op completely.

Rocket is destroying this game. All that potential being flushed down the toilette to rub elbows at the main stream sites.

The players have and could have continued to advertise this game. We also could easly have funded it ourselves into release.

Now? To little to late. A million peopl ehave been brought in to this game and completely allienated by their refferals. They should have been going over these bugs with a fine comb before and during that crazy rush of new players.

Now all those new players are just like.....WTF???

Bad game rocket, You flushed any major chance of sucess this game had down the toilette.

Next!

Edited by noreaster

Yes, I'm sure there's no setup times. No meetings. No interviews. No networking or social gatherings (actually the most important part). No jet lag from flying all over the world in a single month. WORK SLAVE WORK! Who unchained Rocket from his desk?!

it must feel like that for you, being the Sausage king of Chicago must be no easy feat! :D

You wanna know something really f*cked up? There's people in other countries, and even in your own neighbourhood right now, paying a per month rate for World of Warcraft. Do you know how old that is? Blizzard makes a game that revolves and thrives around a player's ability to become mentally addicted to a video game, and you're crying because you missed this:

http://dayzmod.com/f...ce/#entry799104

no one missed that

Edited by internetTAB

If its such a simple fix why dont you do it yourself ? Let me answer that for you. You cant. Its not simple. At all.

ViLayer have managed it. They have a private Hive with tons of servers on where they have fixed the Tent and Vehicle issues.

They don't work for BI, they are not the creators of DayZ. So tell us again what is so hard about it again?

I personally believe they have diverted 98% focus on the Standalone game and have left the mod to rot. That's fine... But don't expect the players who made this game popular in the first place (your early adopter market and initial round one revenue stream for the stand alone) get very pissed and start to walk away.

• Like 2

I agree with op completely.

Rocket is destroying this game. All that potential being flushed down the toilette to rub elbows at the main stream sites.

The players have and could have continued to advertise this game. We also could easly have funded it ourselves into release.

Now? To little to late. A million peopl ehave been brought in to this game and completely allienated by their refferals. They should have been going over these bugs with a fine comb before and during that crazy rush of new players.

Now all those new players are just like.....WTF???

Bad game rocket, You flushed any major chance of sucess this game had down the toilette.

Next!

Then fucking leave you negative Nancy boy! You and all these idiot whiners haven't a damn clue wtf it takes to build shit. Where is your cred? Oh wait you all are just immature morons crying because shit isn't happening how you "think" it should.

Dumbasses!

Sorry mods been trying to behave lately but ffs these people just get dumber with every boo hoo.

Is there any chance to argue without calling everyone a moron, dumbass, whiner or whatnot? Seriously, there are some postings in here with nothing but arguments and responses to them only getting personal and offensive. I know, its the internet where everyone can pretend to be a badass mofo, but can we please keep this out of this otherwise intelligent and maybe even constructive thread? Read the posts, calm down and THEN post your opinion.

This thread is not about fanboys, its not about whiners, its not about hating dayz. Its about dayz players who fear this mod will not become what it deserves to become, a great, long living game with a big community supporting it.

Edited by okami
  • Like 3

Then fucking leave you negative Nancy boy! You and all these idiot whiners haven't a damn clue wtf it takes to build shit. Where is your cred? Oh wait you all are just immature morons crying because shit isn't happening how you "think" it should.

Dumbasses!

Sorry mods been trying to behave lately but ffs these people just get dumber with every boo hoo.

Because your post and counter argument are just oozing with intelligence.

You're also going to need to open a little wider to fit all these mods in your mouth at once.

Edited by ThermoNuke

okami "This thread is not about fanboys, its not about whiners, its not about hating dayz. Its about dayz players who fear this mod will not become what it deserves to become, a great, long living game with a big community supporting it. "

I wish I could agree but after seeing valid points. (both sides do have them) It doesn't really matter what "we" want or don't want, it is what Rocket and BIS want. If they listened to the community then we'd end up with Warcraft hard mode with zombies. I believe I'd rather have them in charge then the players any day. I've seen what the players are capable of and would rather avoid it. When people claim over and over the same nonsense and don't even try to listen to reason... sometimes its best just to call them names and thump your e-chest. I felt better afterwards.

ThermoNuke,

Lmao was that supposed to burn me or something?

"Because your post and counter argument are just oozing with intelligence."

I'm not the one claiming I understand every little aspect of what is happening here.(with the mod/stand alone) I am not a coding god like so many on here pretend to be. I say put up or shut up. Rocket is doing what needs to be done, if that means hey we have to wait a month or more before he can get to fixing things in a free alpha mod, then i will wait, quit, or just play. I wont add 1 more thread to the hundreds of threads on the same damn thing on these forums.

"You're also going to need to open a little wider to fit all these mods in your mouth at once."

Ok a gay insult... I get it har har har. Really like is that supposed to be funny, insulting, or is it a reflection of your own insecurities? Umm okay..Fine I want to fit all the mods in my mouth cause that's how i roll. Dumbass!