thermonuke1@gmail.com

Rocket: Losing faith.

Everyone is probably tired of reading these but I feel it necessary to vent after waiting since August 10th.

I have waited that long for you, Rocket, to fix one of the biggest and most basic cores of what makes Dayz fun and worth while.

I am talking about Tents, Vehicles, and Inventories.

You know, I could half deal with the hackers if I knew that I had a place to go grab gear. It would be fun to loot gear but whats the point when old tents are weapon factories just pumping out free gear? Why should I scavenge for that AS50 when I dont have a reliable place to put it?? Or why should I even bother playing when you refuse to database wipe thermal weapons that are not in the game? (etc. AS50 TWS)

Look, I get this is alpha. I really do. But this all worked prior, got broke in 2.5, and has remained broke since August 10th.

Seriously. Have you seen how simple some of the fixes are?? You couldnt find time between jamming your face to a camera to produce a fix?

Sorry for the rant but after waiting a month and having to use back channels to get anything fixed I've grown weary. It almost feels like your sand bagging bug fixes in the mod to push interest over to stand alone alpha. After all, your goons new catch phrase is; "Will be fixed in standalone".

Why dont you fix what made you a success first... Before a developer shows up with a better emphasis on patching and less on getting his face in the news.

/rantoff

Edit: ( I agree with some that my original post is on the negative side of things and perhaps an attack on Rocket about his convention attendance is not the best way to find results. I do how ever feel it conveys my passion for this mod and the irritation that comes with trying to cope or deal with some of the glaring issues that, in my own opinion, are hurting the player base and those with a similar play style. I leave my post here in its original form as I am not afraid to stand by my words. I encourage everyone to have a thoughtful and constructive conversation.)

Edited by ThermoNuke
  • Like 33

Why dont you fix what made you a success first.

I'd rather if he focused on the standalone.

• Like 17

I understand, but seriously? We cant have a small portion of his attention to bring back a major mechanic of dayz?

I mean I agree in part. But there's no excuse as to why this hasn't been fixed.

Edited by ThermoNuke
  • Like 8

I've got an idea. When you die dont try and run off and resupply from your tent. Start over - from scratch. You are right - at present there is no point in gearing up because at any moment you could be nuked by hackers.

The most fun i have with Day Z are those initial few hours when you are happy to stumble across a Winchester or AK.

• Like 7

I've got an idea. When you die dont try and run off and resupply from your tent. Start over - from scratch. You are right - at present there is no point in gearing up because at any moment you could be nuked by hackers.

The most fun i have with Day Z are those initial few hours when you are happy to stumble across a Winchester or AK.

I completely agree. It is the most fun time in DayZ. But its almost as much fun when you and your buddies set up camps, raid, stock your camp.

I miss it.

Edited by ThermoNuke

Gonna say it again, alpha is adding features and core gameplay mechanics. Beta is bug fixing. A game (or mod in this case) must just be playable in alpha phase, not 100% perfect or to anyones needs.

It is frustrating that all this time has passed without a simple fix for the tent/vehicle/inventory glitches.

Hopefully the standalone, and maybe the next patch, will be worth the wait.

• Like 4

The most fun I have with Day Z are those initial few hours when you are happy to stumble across a Winchester or AK.

He is saying why should he when there is no point to get stuff. He can't place a new tent and save something, old tents are broke. Would a wipe even be that hard? Or how about some small patches intended to fix things like artifacts that work? The last patch was revealed saying they fixed the issues. It was just a cover for the logging alt-f4/combat dodging system.

Does it really take you a couple hours to get a Winchester or AK? You're doing it wrong x)

I don't play anymore for similar reasons, but a tent is essential to how I want to play day Z(read, My personal playstyle. advanced hoarder simulator 2012. not vehicles though :) but I do love I love having one.). I put tents everywhere. some In the middle of cities behind buildings in inconspicuous areas. I've probably placed 30 total on the server I frequent. one of my Favorites was in Berezino, the SE part of town. Close the the hospital/grocery store so I always had it loaded with food/etc. Let me tell you, hitting them up before their 7 day limit takes a lot out of you too. And it becomes hard to keep track of all of them x)

Anyway there are some very annoying issues that.. honestly shouldn't have goone unfixed for this long. And is a wipe really too much to ask for?

Edited by internetTAB
  • Like 2

Gonna say it again, alpha is adding features and core gameplay mechanics. Beta is bug fixing. A game (or mod in this case) must just be playable in alpha phase, not 100% perfect or to anyones needs.

I understand the idea of an alpha trust me. Im not new to the internet.

Saying "Alpha" doesnt explain why one feature was broken, a core feature, and has not been fixed a month later.

You seem to have missed my point. Its not that a bug or broken feature is present. Its the fact it has not been addressed.

• Like 2

He is saying why should he when there is no point to get stuff. He can't place a new tent and save something, old tents are broke. Would a wipe even be that hard? Or how about some small patches intended to fix things like artifacts that work? The last patch was revealed saying they fixed the issues. It was just a cover for the logging alt-f4/combat dodging system.

Does it really take you a couple hours to get a Winchester or AK? You're doing it wrong x)

I don't play anymore for similar reasons, but a tent is essential to how I want to play day Z(read, My personal playstyle. advanced hoarder simulator 2012. not vehicles though :) but I do love I love having one.). I put tents everywhere. some In the middle of cities behind buildings in inconspicuous areas. I've probably placed 30 total on the server I frequent. one of my Favorites was in Berezino, the SE part of town. Close the the hospital/grocery store so I always had it loaded with food/etc. Let me tell you, hitting them up before their 7 day limit takes a lot out of you too. And it becomes hard to keep track of all of them x)

Anyway there are some very annoying issues that.. honestly shouldn't have goone unfixed for this long. And is a wipe really too much to ask for?

I completely agree with you on the wipe, but tents on 1.7.2.4 are working just fine. As far as tents / 7day limit I have no idea what you are talking about. I've been back to tents on random servers numerous times which are still there weeks later since I've been to them last. Tents were supposed to have a shelf life, but in my experience they absolutely do not, if they don't dissappear after the first server restart they are there until the next wipe...

I think the biggest problem people are having with tents/vehicles is that they are expecting them to work properly on 1.7.2.5 servers in spite of the fact that the latest patch broke them all to hell. If you want working tents/vehicles roll back to 1.7.2.4 and all you will have to deal with is the tent duping problem (as always).

So tired of you whining entitled Prig-orodki's.

We were told the next update would be some point after Sept 6th.

How is another "QQ, the tents won't save!" thread going to help anything!

You don't like DayZ? Leave! Go play something else!

You don't like how Rocket has handled the mod lately? Don't buy the standalone!

Redhead with the eye patch and a club foot turn you down for a date? Drink Drano!

You don't like how Rocket has handled the mod lately? Don't buy the standalone!

from 220k players daily to 100k and falling. You're gonna eat those words. I personally won't buy anything from Bohemia again.

• Like 2

1) So tired of you whining entitled Prig-orodki's.

2) We were told the next update would be some point after Sept 6th.

3) How is another "QQ, the tents won't save!" thread going to help anything!

4) You don't like DayZ? Leave! Go play something else!

5) You don't like how Rocket has handled the mod lately? Don't buy the standalone!

Redhead with the eye patch and a club foot turn you down for a date? Drink Drano!

1) Um, ok. You didnt have to read it? If your irritated at reading these then how does it speak for your intelligence that you committed to reading another and went a step further to reply?

2) That still validates my point of taking entirely too long to fix a core mechanic.

3) Negative or positive a developer needs the heart beat of the community. If no one complained about certain bugs/features their importance would be diminished.

4) Never said I didnt like DayZ or that I would quit. Not sure where or why you made this up. I still pay my server bill every month.

5) Uhm yea, thats the result.

You can troll all you want but you know as well as I do the fix for the tents and vehicles is a simple one. One that could have easily been encompassed in a hotfix many weeks ago with little effort.

Edited by ThermoNuke

from 220k players daily to 100k and falling. You're gonna eat those words. I personally won't buy anything from Bohemia again.

This is exactly the result. Most buyers will associate the name with an unpleasant experience even if its a good final product or not.

Less word of mouth on the net has a huge impact on games these days.

Edited by ThermoNuke

This is a minor issue compared to the graphical glitches... kill them with fire...

"Will be fixed in standalone"

In b4 this will all be fixed in standalone.

By all means, but have him first talk to Havok or Euphoria

make him promise there be ragdolls

real melee and player customization

Impatient people like you are the cancer of indie games everywhere. I don't normally say this, but if you want a swiftly made, slapdash game, go play CoD.

You claim to know what Alpha means, when you obviously don't, considering your reasoning behind your frustration is 'things that should be fixed'. You also state that these issues should be fixed, when they aren't really a major issue in Alpha. A very basic rule of games development is to block things out and then give them more detail. In short, get your desired features in first, then focus on fixing them up to a polished level once you've got it all in. Getting everything in is Alpha. Fixing is Beta.

The game is being developed by Rocket and his team the way they want to develop it. They handle things the way they want to handle it. You are not developing the game, and thus, it is not your choice as to how things are handled, but that of Rocket and his team. If you do not like the choices they have made, you are not obligated to stay by any means. If you don't want to buy the standalone, that's fine too. It'll still sell well due to the amount of people who are patiently awaiting the release once the devs feel that it's ready. For people who want a polished, well-made, finished product that was made just how Rocket's team wants it, we will wait, and we will enjoy the standalone just how it is.

And, finally, you are not entitled to any level of expected quality, such as that in a fully working, released game, as you haven't actually purchased anything (beyond ARMA2, which cannot be held accountable for your disappointment).

• Like 3

Impatient people like you are the cancer of indie games everywhere. I don't normally say this, but if you want a swiftly made, slapdash game, go play CoD.

You claim to know what Alpha means, when you obviously don't, considering your reasoning behind your frustration is 'things that should be fixed'. You also state that these issues should be fixed, when they aren't really a major issue in Alpha. A very basic rule of games development is to block things out and then give them more detail. In short, get your desired features in first, then focus on fixing them up to a polished level once you've got it all in. Getting everything in is Alpha. Fixing is Beta.

The game is being developed by Rocket and his team the way they want to develop it. They handle things the way they want to handle it. You are not developing the game, and thus, it is not your choice as to how things are handled, but that of Rocket and his team. If you do not like the choices they have made, you are not obligated to stay by any means. If you don't want to buy the standalone, that's fine too. It'll still sell well due to the amount of people who are patiently awaiting the release once the devs feel that it's ready. For people who want a polished, well-made, finished product that was made just how Rocket's team wants it, we will wait, and we will enjoy the standalone just how it is.

And, finally, you are not entitled to any level of expected quality, such as that in a fully working, released game, as you haven't actually purchased anything (beyond ARMA2, which cannot be held accountable for your disappointment).

You are missing my point as well as this is all opinion based even on my part. You may not feel working tents are an important feature as many may agree with you. Just as many may feel that tents and vehicles not working are a deal breaker for them. I personally have had my enjoyment greatly decreased since these do not work. Again, just a matter of opinion.

Calling people with an opinion a "cancer" seems awfully short sighted. I have been patient. I waited what I felt was a fair amount of time to fix the issue before voicing my opinion on the matter. What you and others seem to be missing is my complaint is not about the multitude of bugs or lack of features. Its the restoration of a CORE mechanic of the game which severely breaks the scavenging and survival aspect of the game.

I have never said I have a say in how the game is developed but I do have a voice. As do you and all others who enjoy this game. We have the right to speak out in support or in disapproval of things we dont like and I feel comfortable saying its appreciated by the devs in one way or the other.

I never claimed entitlement to anything. Im not sure where you got this. My complaint is in regards to the time taken to fix a very simple problem around a large core mechanic. I do not think it is outside the realm of reason to think a hotfix could have already been deployed instead of waiting for a feature patch.

Im not sure where you intended to go with your reply but it seems you may have misunderstood exactly what Im getting at here. I never said I wanted to leave DayZ or that I was all around dissatisfied with Rocket and his project. I just feel that this particular issue did not receive the attention it deserved. You may not have noticed but I have not once complained about hacking, graphical glitches, admin rules, promised features, or any other topic.

You can be chastised for disapproving.

Or a fan boy for approving.

I guess it all depends on your perspective and whether you possess the fortitude and maturity to respect a position that may be opposite of yours.

Edited by ThermoNuke
  • Like 2

Tents are stupid. just make the strong, stronger.

and the strong are bored assholes with snipers on the coast.

Take off your skirt and stop crying about tents.

• Like 1

It's quite funny how OP's thread is bringing out the "best" in people.

OP is 100% correct with his assertions. The funny thing is, most of you are so far up Rocket's ass that even the light of logic can not, and will not, ever reach you.

When this hot"fix" was first released on 8/10. The statement made, was that the real patch (1.7.2.3) would be out within the week. In fact, I remember it clearly.

Rocket posted some snotty thread about how we bitched enough for it, so here it is. Followed by a statement about how we should not bitch if we could not find a server to play on, over the weekend.

I also find it funny. How Rocket went from this guy of the masses. A real down to earth Joe. Then, when the game concept sold(out), Rocket decided to flip the script and slowly but surely (not so slowly) he became the very thing (seemingly) that he stated he wouldn't become.

A corporate h00r. Now, I know I'll get a lot of guff for this, but it is the truth. It's been almost a month since the last "patch" and over what, two months since the last build patch? Enough is enough.

I say to you, Rocket. Stop flying around to dinky conventions peddling your BS and start flicking those coding fingers. Or, better yet, hire a team with all the new found BIS money you have gotten. And don't BS -- I bet you sold the concept for a pretty penny along with creative control -- good on you for that one. The whole thing stinks and is on the verge of fizzling out.

I'll laugh when a few developers, with real creativity and drive beat you to the punch and create something leaps and bounds above anything you could have thought of. I personally have lost faith in Rocket's words and I know I am not alone.

It's time for Rocket to start owning up to his original statements. It's time to start placating to the right people. Not the corporate dickheads that just want to fuck your girl to death, just so they can say they put their mark on her.

All we ask is fairness. And, the fair thing to do would be to finish what you started. No, not the standalone at another premium. But rather, finish the mod build and also put forth all your efforts into the standalone. I know this would take a team twice as long or just having a larger team working on it. Frankly, we don't care how you get it done. We just want it done. We are the consumer. We make or break you.

Don't get shit twisted. This isn't about entitlement. This is about what is fair. DO NOT GO THE WAY OF CORPORATE BS.

I will boycott just out of principle, if you do this.

So, what have we learned? Well, we just want what is fair. We bought a stale game, to playtest a mod that is in Alpha. What is preposterous, is the fact that this mod will never leave alpha. I mean, why would it? From a business standpoint it doesn't make sense. Basically, JUST DON'T!

Just do what you originally said you were going to do. Finish the fucking mod, and complete the stand alone for those that would want it. As it stands now, I will not buy the standalone unless you finish the mod, first and foremost.

This should be everyone's stance. That is, if you are a real human being and not just some sycophantic pleb.

That is all.

Edited by nicraM
  • Like 10

Wouldn't be such a bad idea if I could see in cherno or bolota. Not so much fun when I have massive artifacting and some other guy doesn't & I end up getting shot because I can't see other players

• Like 2

post-38701-0-89681000-1346835414_thumb.jHere, have some for your beta whine... Edited by kajonna