rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

Any info on who did the new mo cap? I haven't read all 90 pages to find the answer.

Any info on who did the new mo cap? I haven't read all 90 pages to find the answer.

Plenty of time to get busy with it :P

No i dont think we ever heard who it was.

Jennifer Lopez.

I thought it was Beyonce?

Rocket? Need clarification nao!

Amazing, this update have a lot of things that I personally wanted.

;)

Amazing' date=' this update have a lot of things that I personally wanted.

;)

[/quote']

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about the Jennifer Lopez thing too.

What bodily orifice did you pull the name Jennifer Lopez out from?

If there was anyone whom I'd suspect, it would be rocket himself - because I've seen a picture of him in a mocap suit, holding a model rifle :P the image is somewhere in this thread i think.

Jennifer Lopez.

... seriously' date=' why would you even care?

[/quote']

Because rocket said we 'would not believe' who did it or some such...

And I thought he said it was not him...

Sounds like a great patch' date=' I can't wait. Using the beta also seems to have solved all issues I ever had with the mod (load time/ fps).

[/quote']

The beta didn't fix the load times, read some patch notes ;)

It wasn't listed in the patch notes but ever since I started using the beta patch my load times have gone from ~2min to ~5sec on all servers.

Nosferatu... things are about to get real!

Sounds like a great patch' date=' I can't wait. Using the beta also seems to have solved all issues I ever had with the mod (load time/ fps).

[/quote']

The beta didn't fix the load times, read some patch notes ;)

It wasn't listed in the patch notes but ever since I started using the beta patch my load times have gone from ~2min to ~5sec on all servers.

JIP was changed in the beta. Could be related.

Especially the later beta servers 93666 and 93701 have really good loading times.

Is this out? The post about the servers coming back online said that an update was released, but I never saw anyone talking about it, so I'm not sure.

Is this out? The post about the servers coming back online said that an update was released' date=' but I never saw anyone talking about it, so I'm not sure.

[/quote']

It said a battleye update... that has nothing to do with DayZ. Sadly there is no word on this update's release yet.

* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you

So the infected can now attack me at 1m distance? i get it right?

And even greater damage? Right now all they need is hit me like 4-5 times until I lie unconcious on the ground with me bones all broken and bleeding badly.

So will now zeds basically one-hit me with new telecinetic powers? :D

Other than that - TOTALLY HYPED FOR ALL THE NEW STUFF AND FIXES!

Wow, mocapped zombie animations, that is fascinating promising. But please! Fix the looting bugs and reduce the hardware requirements, i get 3 times more fps in Battlefield 3 than in this game on medium settings, not mentioning being in cities... I bought the game just for this mod.

AND ADD MORE TENS!!

* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you

So the infected can now attack me at 1m distance? i get it right?

And even greater damage? Right now all they need is hit me like 4-5 times until I lie unconcious on the ground with me bones all broken and bleeding badly.

So will now zeds basically one-hit me with new telecinetic powers? :D

Other than that - TOTALLY HYPED FOR ALL THE NEW STUFF AND FIXES!

I'm hyped for more dangerous zombies, pretty sure 4-5 hits and unconcious is a bit of an exaggeration. I've only died to zombies once and that was a test to see how long it would take. Right now they're a joke at best and an inconvenience at worst - bring on the challenge!

eh - zombies are not a joke if you don't exploit the game. If they fix the thing that makes them walk in doors and the ability to despawn them on DC, i'm pretty sure you could die at any time in a town by discharging a loud weapon.

Will the Arma 2 beta patch be 'official' by the time this is out (ie it will download via steam), as looking at the instructions it seems A) quite complicaited, B) is causing problems for lots of people (mostly due to unclear install instructions), and C) it removes steam overlay.

Right now they're a joke at best and an inconvenience at worst - bring on the challenge!

Truer words have never been spoken.

Really happy to see the zeds being reworked. The main thing for me is actually making stealthing possible, seeing as their x-ray vision kinda makes hiding somewhat useless and the only way to navigate around them being go prone/crouch and move slow at the moment. Moving around buildings in the dead of night with an NVG overwatch on me telling me where to go will be awesome :D

Making them this dangerous is nice too, at the moment its possible to deal with zombies by just running away then turning and shooting. So much new realism being brought in I could gush for hours over it :P

eh - zombies are not a joke if you don't exploit the game. If they fix the thing that makes them walk in doors and the ability to despawn them on DC' date=' i'm pretty sure you could die at any time in a town by discharging a loud weapon.

[/quote']

With the spawn in a location that despawns Zeds,..Simply if you spawn in a Zed location - Zeds do spawn but the first wave of spawns for them are a few but after a minute the rest will spawn as if you were walking into a town from the outskirts.

I think if you re spawn(from logging back in) in a location that spawns loot (Air field for example) that the location spawns less loot or more generic ones- like tin cans.

This could help to stop players from jumping servers and also logging out there just so they can log back in a little while later to get the new loot that spawned.

Will the Arma 2 beta patch be 'official' by the time this is out (ie it will download via steam)' date=' as looking at the instructions it seems A) quite complicaited, B) is causing problems for lots of people (mostly due to unclear install instructions), and C) it removes steam overlay.

[/quote']

I can't believe people are actually having a hard time installing that.. Look here's what you do. In fact, you don't even need steam to do it.

1) go to arma2.com/beta-patch.php and get the latest version

2) open that shit up with winrar or whatever program you use for it

3) run the installer program for it (that comes in the file you downloaded)

4) go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead and go to the new file at the bottom called Launch Arma 2 OA Beta Patch and copy and paste it on your desktop

5) run it and go to expansions and click Dayz and enable (it'll ask you to restart. Also leave the @dayz expansion running too)

6) after it restarts you'll be running the newest beta patch.

P.S. to update the beta patch, repeat steps 1) through 4)

And if you don't know how to get to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead you click start, computer, program files (x86) scroll down to Steam, then click steam apps, then common, then arma 2 Operation Arrowhead...

There you fucking go.

Its easy to install the beta patch, the problem is the instructions that come with it are confusing.