rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

Steam > Library > right click arma 2 arrowhead > properties > local files > bottom box.

Alright. Did that and the window said "1 file could not be verified and is being reacquired". Ran it again afterward and got the same result' date=' but the patcher ran this time without giving me the error. Not sure if that means it was successful or not, though.

What version is this patch? ARMA indicates Version 1.60.87580 in the bottom corner of the menu screen.

I apologize. I probably sound like a dunce. Thanks for being so quick and helpful, though.

[/quote']

http://dayz.sykotix.com/arma-ii-beta-client-install/

Go that site, download the script from step three. When you run the script it should change to 1.60.93701

Right click on dayzbeta.bat > edit at bottom long line you'll see -window delete that.

You can replace it with these launch option to improve game.

-nosplash -world=empty -cpucount=2 -maxmem4096 -shadingQuality=0

-cpucount=2 - Dual Core.

-cpucount=4 - Quadcore.

Other Option IF you want steam overlay.

First save original exe from AO folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

Copy arma2oa & overwrite the exe in main folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Steam library > right click properties > Set launch options

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash (plus the ones above if you wish)

Enjoy :)

What's the status of tents' priority on the "To-Do List"? Tents are severely broken as it is which almost directly hinders the "end-game" for a lot of people.

end game... lol's

Hence why I put it in quotes. Jackass.

end game... lol's

End game is possessing a chopper and controlling the flow of said server ;)

Steam > Library > right click arma 2 arrowhead > properties > local files > bottom box.

Alright. Did that and the window said "1 file could not be verified and is being reacquired". Ran it again afterward and got the same result' date=' but the patcher ran this time without giving me the error. Not sure if that means it was successful or not, though.

What version is this patch? ARMA indicates Version 1.60.87580 in the bottom corner of the menu screen.

I apologize. I probably sound like a dunce. Thanks for being so quick and helpful, though.

[/quote']

http://dayz.sykotix.com/arma-ii-beta-client-install/

Go that site, download the script from step three. When you run the script it should change to 1.60.93701

Right click on dayzbeta.bat > edit at bottom long line you'll see -window delete that.

You can replace it with these launch option to improve game.

-nosplash -world=empty -cpucount=2 -maxmem4096 -shadingQuality=0

-cpucount=2 - Dual Core.

-cpucount=4 - Quadcore.

Other Option IF you want steam overlay.

First save original exe from AO folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

Copy arma2oa & overwrite the exe in main folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Steam library > right click properties > Set launch options

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz -nosplash (plus the ones above if you wish)

Enjoy :)

Thanks so much, man. I'm running out the door now, but it seems to be working. Version number changed and I was able to log on to a server. I'd rep the shit out of you if the rep system were still around.

Thanks so much' date=' man. I'm running out the door now, but it seems to be working. Version number changed and I was able to log on to a server. I'd rep the shit out of you if the rep system were still around.

[/quote']

It's ok just knowing it helped you means i can bathe in my own amazingness once again ;)

go to http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php download, install

go to your operation arrowhead directory inside your steam directory

there you have _runA2CO_beta , rightclick edit - search for run: call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca"

add "-mod=@DayZ" in between those 2 entries

save, and start with the file you just edited

???

profit

I do run it this way atm, but would like to run it via steam instead.

I tried the 'copying the .exe from the beta folder over the main folder, then pasting the command line in steam launch properties. But, then I get a crash.

I've seen it doesn't work from some people. any ideas.

go to http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php download' date=' install

go to your operation arrowhead directory inside your steam directory

there you have _runA2CO_beta , rightclick edit - search for run: call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca"

add "-mod=@DayZ" in between those 2 entries

save, and start with the file you just edited

???

profit

I do run it this way atm, but would like to run it via steam instead.

I tried the 'copying the .exe from the beta folder over the main folder, then pasting the command line in steam launch properties. But, then I get a crash.

I've seen it doesn't work from some people. any ideas.

[/quote']

Thats odd it didnt work with the replaced .exe - i personally prefer the .bat option but friends of mine have had it work no problem.

You should redownload & reapply patch again to see if it cures it apart from that my insomnia plagued brain is blank.

Lemme preface this by saying I'm a software tools and test developer for a game company, avid gamer, and have spent years doing tech support.

Getting this game to run was an extreme hassle. Getting this game to run now even seems like a bigger hassle.

Don't get me wrong, this game is fun, but the process to keep playing this game is almost as hard as sticking somebody unfamiliar with Linux in front of a Linux box with fullscreen terminal up and telling them to browse the internet there.

Thinking about doing other things until the beta patch is released and coming back to DayZ then.

Lemme preface this by saying I'm a software tools and test developer for a game company' date=' avid gamer, and have spent years doing tech support.

Getting this game to run was an extreme hassle. Getting this game to run now even seems like a bigger hassle.

Don't get me wrong, this game is fun, but the process to keep playing this game is almost as hard as sticking somebody unfamiliar with Linux in front of a Linux box with fullscreen terminal up and telling them to browse the internet there.

Thinking about doing other things until the beta patch is released and coming back to DayZ then.

[/quote']

It's hard? :D

I would LOVE if you could address helicopters in next patch, Ander said something about desyncs as well as it will be awesome if you could implement damage repair function to fix leaking fuel. Thanks.

Lemme preface this by saying I'm a software tools and test developer for a game company' date=' avid gamer, and have spent years doing tech support.

[/quote']

A lot of my friends that are playing this have low to medium technical knowledge. If I have to RDP into somebody's computer to help get their copy of the game running, yes, it's hard. It's also a huge deterrent.

[/quote']

Then you must be having some problems or doing something wrong, 'cause when I installed the mod back in 1.6 I had no problems at all. Yeah, sometimes the game lags or you get "retrying to authenticate" or something like that, but if you install that new ArmA 2 Beta Patch it fixes "retrying to authenticate" and makes the game run much smoother. I used to lag on lowest settings with 1920x1080 resolution, now I can play on very high with 50fps. And, really, the game is so much fun any hassle you have getting it to work is going to be worth it.

P.S: I know how to install a GPU and stuff like that, but as far as being able to write scripts and stuff like that, I have no idea what I'm doing and I installed the mod with ease. Yes, it could use an auto-installer or something like that, but if you follow instructions on how to install you should be fine.

[/quote']

A lot of my friends that are playing this have low to medium technical knowledge. If I have to RDP into somebody's computer to help get their copy of the game running, yes, it's hard. It's also a huge deterrent.

I totally agree with this.

The amount of times ive had to get people to download teamviewer and get the game running remotly is silly.

Needs to be simplified for the average user.

A lot of my friends that are playing this have low to medium technical knowledge. If I have to RDP into somebody's computer to help get their copy of the game running' date=' yes, it's hard. It's also a huge deterrent.

[/quote']

Thank god for the difficulty, as soon as this Mod becomes a simple click and run affair, the COD Noobs in their thousands will descend on the game and these forums making everything so much more.. worser.

I like that you need a super computer and some intermediate PC manipulation skills to get this game working. For the time being at least its keeping the crowd slightly above retard level.

So when a new dayz patch comes out, i want to download the patch manually. I don't want to use any auto updaters for many reasons, one of them being viruses. So how do I download a new patch manually? Is it just replacing the dayz files thats in the folder @dayz > addons with the new files thats in the dayzmod.com file archives?

A lot of my friends that are playing this have low to medium technical knowledge. If I have to RDP into somebody's computer to help get their copy of the game running' date=' yes, it's hard. It's also a huge deterrent.

[/quote']

Thank god for the difficulty, as soon as this Mod becomes a simple click and run affair, the COD Noobs in their thousands will descend on the game and these forums making everything so much more.. worser.

I like that you need a super computer and some intermediate PC manipulation skills to get this game working. For the time being at least its keeping the crowd slightly above retard level.

Yep, that's one of the many good things about this game :D

[/quote']

Then you must be having some problems or doing something wrong, 'cause when I installed the mod back in 1.6 I had no problems at all. Yeah, sometimes the game lags or you get "retrying to authenticate" or something like that, but if you install that new ArmA 2 Beta Patch it fixes "retrying to authenticate" and makes the game run much smoother. I used to lag on lowest settings with 1920x1080 resolution, now I can play on very high with 50fps. And, really, the game is so much fun any hassle you have getting it to work is going to be worth it.

P.S: I know how to install a GPU and stuff like that, but as far as being able to write scripts and stuff like that, I have no idea what I'm doing and I installed the mod with ease. Yes, it could use an auto-installer or something like that, but if you follow instructions on how to install you should be fine.

It's not a question of my technical ability, it's the question of the hassle. I'm more than competent and confident enough to get the game running. I did so in 1.6, and I could do so again. My job has far more complicated things going on than this, spanning 3 operating systems.

I don't want to spend over an hour trying to get all my friends up and running to play again. I probably will, but it's a PITA. The proof lies in a ton of the posts on this thread asking why they can't get their installation working.

- Entirely new mocap'd attack and running animations

^^^

Damn, now that sounds awesome. Are they still going to have the insanely fast and jaged like run speed?

[/quote']

It's not a question of my technical ability, it's the question of the hassle. I'm more than competent and confident enough to get the game running. I did so in 1.6, and I could do so again. My job has far more complicated things going on than this, spanning 3 operating systems.

I don't want to spend over an hour trying to get all my friends up and running to play again. I probably will, but it's a PITA. The proof lies in a ton of the posts on this thread asking why they can't get their installation working.

Either you have 60 friends playing the game or you're just stumbling around not knowing what to do, figuring it out as you go every single time.

I think the jagged running is intentional Sykotix.

[/quote']

Either you have 60 friends playing the game or you're just stumbling around not knowing what to do, figuring it out as you go every single time.

I think the jagged running is intentional Sykotix.

Or having to RDP into a friend's computer, hoping they have Teamviewer installed or Windows RDP access configured, navigating through their computer while being respectful, doing what needs to be done, and testing to make sure I didn't skip a step. Having to do this for one person is one person too many. I do, however, have several friends that I play with.

Good job with the ad hominem implication though.

[/quote']

Funny, I'm a complete doofus and have never had any difficulty installing and running the mod.

Install base game, add dayz files.... Then, with arms beta incorporated, it's just get latest beta, get latest dayz, make sure to run arms in beta..... Works like a charm, from 1.5 to present.

Maybe your knowledge over complicates the task.

Edit: I was thinking... I'm pretty sure I saw or heard rocket say that an easier install method was a priority. Not for this patch, but as an overall goal.... So maybe as you say, wait it out.