rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

* [NEW] Humanity GUI indicator removed

But still keeping track? Rocket is like Santa Clause.

He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake...

* [NEW] More infected attack animations

* [NEW] More infected feeding animations

* [NEW] Replaced monkey infected crawing run animation

* [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)

* [NEW] New Infected and Action sound effects (more AWESOME stuff by Michael Manning)

\

Sounds great! Will the gender reversal bug also be addressed in this update?

I know this update is pretty BEEF already, but would you mind shoving some tents fixes in there somwhere, pretty please? :heart:

* [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)

How far away this work? I hope it's not another wallhack like nameplates. I don't like where this is going anyway.

How this works on veteran servers? Usually there is no indicator when you mouseover another player, and many people like it so. (nametag scanning with sniper..)

How this works on veteran servers? Usually there is no indicator when you mouseover another player' date=' and many people like it so. (nametag scanning with sniper..)

[/quote']

What do you mean exactly? It's a sound, not a visual indicator and thus has nothing to do with server being "veteran" or not.

This sounds nice! Only thing I want you guys to change is the "gear GUI". It's very hard to use, and it would be nice with an upgrade. :)

The cursor (crosshairs?) isn't present on certain servers, Samzzi. Unless of course it's like a when your over a loot pile or whatever's useable an icon pops up. But instead of an icon a sound plays. /shrug

* [NEW] New Infected and Action sound effects (more AWESOME stuff by Michael Manning)

\

Awesome job guys :)

Are we gonna have players spawn without weapon? is this confirmed yet?

Rocket said "let s try it" about the no gun...

But I don't see it in the [NEW] list.

so yes, a confirmation would be awesome...

No gun will go in last, so testing isn't a complete bitch for me.

I have played with no starting gun (drop it along with most of the gear including no backpack - after i spawned lol)

Its crazy and exciting!

When you get that first gun or start to get gear it means so much more.

At night is hard with no gun though.....Run it's a Zed! =)

Until the duping issue is fixed, could we get the HDR lighting back on nights? I'd love the idea of dark nights for everyone if NVGs were really limited to their loot table rarity, but as it stands if you get far enough north (particularly around Vybor Airbase) you now encounter entire teams kitted out with duped NVGs, ghillie suits and suppressed weapons.

It kills the immersion enough that I'm back to playing on daylight servers instead of a single "home" server.

please show us something PLZ

maybe a short vid or something??

Forget spawning with no gun--game is hard enough already, jeez, especially if you're by your lonesome.

Its times like this I wish there was a dev blog so we could read about your thoughts and insight while you are working on things like this. Also everyones asking so im going to ask to, Vids plox of sounds and stuff! Maybe you can demonstrate the new LOS system and such?

Anyway great job so far on the changes! You might have to skip 1.7.1 and go right to 1.8 if you keep adding things lol

"* [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)"

LAME.

Hey rocket, sorry if this has already been mentioned, but now that there is once again an indication of someones humanity, will everyones humanity rating be reset with the new update?

I can't really disagree with a single thing on here, actually. Nice job!

Silly. I think it's daft to have any indication of who's a bandit and who isn't - I picture events of people getting attacked and killing their attacker in self defense, then they get this kind of silly penalty which makes them even more of a target. What kinda happens with interaction is it's either a band of newbies on the coast, and almost every other group is communicating externally via skype or similar voice program - once people get the awesome gear then there isn't much else to do except shoot other players.

tl;dr - humanity system always redundant