rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

* [FIXED] Items for Eating and Drinking not removed instantly (allowed some duping)

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty!. Spawn with only a bandage' date=' painkillers, and a torch.

Last fixes. Into closed testing now.

[/quote']

Excellent. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Though not spawning with anything to drink sounds a bit off to me.

Oh man :D

In the last few days messing with these hackers you've became a master of trolling :P

That guy was asking for it.

And foxhound (http://www.armaholic.com) deserves some bandwidth and traffic. Go there and download some cool shit for ArmA2 while you wait.

* [FIXED] Items for Eating and Drinking not removed instantly (allowed some duping)

* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty!. Spawn with only a bandage' date=' painkillers, and a torch.

Last fixes. Into closed testing now.

[/quote']

Excellent. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Though not spawning with anything to drink sounds a bit off to me.

Can't wait.... Not playing until Monday am though. Iron out all the wrinkles for me, you other players.

Thanks again rocket for removing the spawn makaroni gun. Carebears will whine and complain but that's all they do anyway.

I can`t wait for this update to go live. When I wake up I hope you will have updated the game :) I might just commit suicide to experience the added cruelty

And foxhound (http://www.armaholic.com) deserves some bandwidth and traffic. Go there and download some cool shit for ArmA2 while you wait.

Damn right, that site is the BEST PLACE to go for all your Arma needs.

/ on topic, sorry.

Thanks again rocket for removing the spawn makaroni gun. Carebears will whine and complain but that's all they do anyway.

What's with the "carebear" thing in all of your posts?

This attitude doesn't make you look cooler, dude.

People have their own opinions, just because you don't agree with them it doesn't mean you're right.

But anyway, back on topic, i hope we can all play with the new update soon enough! :rolleyes:

Can't wait, as some might call me a carebear (I keep refusing to shoot people on site but lately that leads to me waking up back on the beach) I love this cruel hardcore reality. Why should I wake up on the beach with a loaded gun, food, and water? Heck at least they give you bandages and painkillers and stuff, be happy you get anything!

Now my question is do I have to install the beta if I have the whole game? That is what confuses me and why would we need the beta?

The reason you need the beta is because there are some fixes in there that are not in the vanilla game, also some functionality I would imagine.

Please search these forums for a guide to install the beta, pretty easy actually.

Can't wait' date=' as some might call me a carebear (I keep refusing to shoot people on site but lately that leads to me waking up back on the beach) I love this cruel hardcore reality. Why should I wake up on the beach with a loaded gun, food, and water? Heck at least they give you bandages and painkillers and stuff, be happy you get anything!

Now my question is do I have to install the beta if I have the whole game? That is what confuses me and why would we need the beta?

[/quote']

I remember i heard (i don't remember which post or section exactly) that the arma 2 beta patch is needed for playing with the new DayZ patch.

Its 4:06 here in Czech rep, but we are ready for the patch anyway! :D

Keep up the good work, I love the newly added shotgun since it seems kinda real to have two barrel shotty in village.

p.s. I hope we can get more Czech stuff once DLC Army of Czech republic for Arma 2 arrives...(like camo,sa vz 58 etc)

Played solid since I found out about the mod. Been refreshing this page every day since it was made with anticipation.

Loving both the current game and the more hardened direction it's taking, the patch notes are exciting the hell out of me.

Would like to add also I admire the obvious connection you have with the community here, I wish other devs were so blatant and honest.

For me at least you could add to the notes:

[FIXED] FPS gaming

A dream has been created please do not sugar coat it for carebears. Maybe just add some "My little ponies" for them to copulate with that explode on contact with a showers of tears. Then ultimately slam the ban hammer down upon them, after they come back all butthurt and "hacking" with whatever they downloaded with their single l33t mouse click.

or you could just go north' date=' youll get shot the second you walk into cherno anyway, it wont be any different except you wouldn't be able to shoot back. What would you do if a zombie saw you, being stealthy isn't 100% fool proof, believe me zombies are more deadly than players. Even if you have a buddy he/she won't have a gun either, it's just a double kill for the zombies or bandits.

How would you go about getting gear if you had no gun to shoot zombies with, most new players alert zombies pretty often. Imagine trying to walk through a zombie infested town with no defense, lol...

Also I really don't care how many pros there are, because the con is that it make the game unplayable for many play styles. 1 fatal con > 100 good pros.

[/quote']

Judging by this post, you don't seem to have any actual in-game experience at all. Zombies more lethal than other players? Are you serious? Stealth not working? Wow.

In a prone position you are 100% invincible to zombies. If you don't crawl your way through towns, you are doing it wrong. You don't need a gun in order to deal with zombies. Getting attacked by zombies is entirely the players fault for being to hasty and careless. Stealth and patience is 100% the key to success.

most new players alert zombies pretty often

That's the point. New players have to adapt to the game, not the other way around. New players will realizes that they are defenseless, so their only option is stealth. The first weapon could lay anywhere in a 100 meter radius for all I care, you're acting like I want to remove all weapons.

Imagine trying to walk through a zombie infested town with no defense

This statement just further strengthens my assumption that you have absolutely no in-game experience. Like i stated earlier, you are invisible while prone. Zombies have to literally step on you in order to know you're even in their proximity.

The most lethal, dangerous and unpredictable individuals remain the makaroni knights. Kids who heard about this game, installed it, spawned with a gun in their hand a thought "Yep, this sure is a FPS, better kill some people".

Not only that but everything in this game should be precious seeing that it takes place in a survival setting. Something as valuable as gun shouldn't be given to the player for free, especially now that the game has blown up and everyone and their mom plays it.

This game is close to sending out a strong signal to everyone in the game industry that this is really a balls to the wall zombie simulator.

Most of my in-game experience isn't in the bean wars, so you're right I've never really died by some guy camping with a Winchester, or even anyone with a makarov. Although the makarov is the weakest gun in the game, if you know how to fire fight you could easily kill anyone that's using a makarov, which is why i've never been killed by one, although i've been surprised by a bandit that had one (we both had them).

I guess we'll find out who was more accurate with the new update...

So ontop of choosing an annoying and overplayed sound, now people will be mousing over with their long range heartbeat sensors?

'LUL ITS FAST SHOOT' is gonna be a thing now.

It would be feasible to just disable player vs player damage when it is attempted vs a newly spawned player, that disables when they get a certain distance away from their spawn point and/or pick up a weapon.

Rocket, I curse your name whenever I play, but only because of the RNG involved in some actions, as well as the very silly and often highly annoying, misplaced, and sometimes disgusting (to me) sound use. Rabbid raccoon walruses wandering around trying to catch the world's messiest eater while they pant and wheeze and scream like a tortured rabbit at the mere idea that a rabid raccoon walrus may be slobbering nearby, surrounded by rain that sounds more like someone's frying bacon then falling water.

.. but someday are you going to disable the buggy-ass anti-serverhop script you implemented but never put in any patch notes to combat people hopping servers to item farm? Pretty please? It really isn't helping. All it is doing is hurting the gameplay for everyone else, and causing more erroneous bug reports for you to sift through.

I wonder do we start with a backpack? or no?

Either way is cool with me =)

Loving the new no starting gun an limit gear idea!

You guys are all talk now.

But starting without a weapon, it's fucking hard. But it's badass. Let's see how long till the butt-hurt :)

Files uploading now for our dev-MP test.

But starting without a weapon' date=' it's fucking hard. But it's badass. [b']Let's see how long till the butt-hurt :)

I give it 30 minutes.

But starting without a weapon' date=' it's fucking hard. But it's badass. Let's see how long till the butt-hurt :)

[/quote']

Another limited release I hope, or Just closed this time around?