rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

lol

icomrade

so wrong.

seriously... who prepares for the zombie apocalypse without a gun??

Is recombining a completely new mechanic' date=' or is it just new for that ammo and I've been missing something the whole time?

[/quote']

New mechanic. Good test of the "crafting" mechanic that is the right click menu thing for items. You can combine and split out magazines assuming ammo of the same type is used.

Has to be manually configured, so only works for 45ACP and Shotgun shells currently.

EDIT: oh and DMR <-> M24 too

Will this ever work for the linked cans like the m240 and m249 7.62x51 and 5.56x45?

* [FIXED] Tent placement is completely screwed (now can place anywhere except in building)

I could be getting laid right now...

If you fix the tent placement I'm sure you will get laid anyway.

It might not involve ladies though.

lol

icomrade

so wrong.

Seriously, who washes up on shore expecting an apocalypse and wearing a backpack while packing a makarov and 6 magazines?

And I was going to go clubbing tonight too. Fuck you all :P

YOU MUST FULFILL OUR SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT.

Will this ever work for the linked cans like the m240 and m249 7.62x51 and 5.56x45?

That's the idea, but I want to replace the entire ammo class structure anyway, with something that works for transferring the ammo between different mag types using this base system in the update.

Cons:

ruins any chance of defense

Creates bandits that just kill new defenseless players

is a bad idea

is a really bad idea

1. Stealth is the key to success

2. There wouldn't be a point in killing new players because they don't drop any loot, this argument can however be countered by saying that some people would just enjoy killing new players for the fun of it. Early PvP on the beach however, in the month since I've played, is rare. Players that have been alive for a while spend their time in cities etc. looking for better loot.

The pros outweigh the cons, I've been killed more times by makarov spamming survivors than anything. It's really annoying giving new players a gun out of nowhere when they spawn. People abuse the starting makarov, period.

A few other pros for removing the starting gun:

-Increases tension and the fear of dying, knowing that you'd spawn without a weapon

-Survivors could meet early without the fear of getting back stabbed and work together

lol

icomrade

so wrong.

Seriously' date=' who washes up on shore expecting an apocalypse and wearing a backpack while packing a makarov and 6 magazines?

[/quote']

You seriously don't keep morphine and flares on you at all times? :dodgy:

You seriously don't keep morphine and flares on you at all times? :dodgy:

Just the flares, not really morphine.

As for the update, I'm excited :D Going to have to find the double barrel and mess about with it for a little while... also loving the ability to combine similar types of ammunition

Uhm, I read that the newest beta-patch causes some script error thing (Not the whole, banning for scripts lol..), and they say to use an older one. Once 1.7.1 releases, will I be able to use newest?

Also, does the newest beta-patch (I know its not a DayZ problem) fix the issue with shaders at night?

* [FIXED] Tent placement is completely screwed (now can place anywhere except in building)

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeah... well, I guess I will leave my pregnant GF and turn gay...

...or play DAYZ, yeah thats better! :D

And I was going to go clubbing tonight too. Fuck you all :P

Actually, I was supposed to go out clubbing tonight as well. Told my friends to go without me because I was sure the update would come tonight and I wanted to play it. So I feel your pain. :)

Been inside re-playing Bastion all day and checking this thread every half hour. To be fair, I probably had a better time then if I went out...

Also, since Im not free, you can always ask Matt lightfoot, he may say yes. Hahahaha!

*sorry matt, I know yeah, it was an easy one.

Cons:

ruins any chance of defense

Creates bandits that just kill new defenseless players

is a bad idea

is a really bad idea

1. Stealth is the key to success

2. There wouldn't be a point in killing new players because they don't drop any loot' date=' this argument can however be countered by saying that some people would just enjoy killing new players for the fun of it. Early PvP on the beach however, in the month since I've played, is rare. Players that have been alive for a while spend their time in cities etc. looking for better loot.

The pros outweigh the cons, I've been killed more times by makarov spamming survivors than anything. It's really annoying giving new players a gun out of nowhere when they spawn. People abuse the starting makarov, period.

A few other pros for removing the starting gun:

-Increases tension and the fear of dying, knowing that you'd spawn without a weapon

-Survivors could meet early without the fear of getting back stabbed and work together

[/quote']

or you could just go north, youll get shot the second you walk into cherno anyway, it wont be any different except you wouldn't be able to shoot back. What would you do if a zombie saw you, being stealthy isn't 100% fool proof, believe me zombies are more deadly than players. Even if you have a buddy he/she won't have a gun either, it's just a double kill for the zombies or bandits.

How would you go about getting gear if you had no gun to shoot zombies with, most new players alert zombies pretty often. Imagine trying to walk through a zombie infested town with no defense, lol...

Also I really don't care how many pros there are, because the con is that it make the game unplayable for many play styles. 1 fatal con > 100 good pros.

I think removing the starting makarov would be cool if there was some kind of melee attack or melee weapons, like knives or anything like that.

One thing that would be really cool is if we could use items that are inside the bag, without the need to get them out of the bag into the inventory to use it (also, a more intuitive way to see/transfer the items inside the bag when you press "G"/"Open bag")

What would you do if a zombie saw you

* [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you

One magazine would be interesting idea. Not much you can do with one mag.

Or you could Barney Fife it and give us one bullet.

I have gone into cherno a dozen times now and only been shot at twice. Usually cause I hang around to long or throw a torch to see who shows up. If you are going to defend yourself with a makarov vs any bandit with a primary you are going to lose. Being stealthy vs zombies is 100% fool proof. I can avoid zombies 100% of the time going through any city no problem, it isn't hard. Plus with this patch you can hide from them once they aggro. Using empty cans and flares as a distraction works great too.

This is hardly a fatal con you are just very bad at this game.

Is it in the cards to combine say two half full mags of the same type into a full mag? And can we get an ammo count on a mag in our inventory to see how many bullets are left in it? :D

When you have time, after the clubbing and sex, of course :P

Is it in the cards to combine say two half full mags of the same type into a full mag? And can we get an ammo count on a mag in our inventory to see how many bullets are left in it? :D

After the clubbing and sex of course :P

Needs a new (but oft requested) command for checking magazine state. Will try my luck with that on Monday.

Rocket, when will we be able to use camo as female?

waiting long time for this, and it still not there :(

I have gone into cherno a dozen times now and only been shot at twice. Usually cause I hang around to long or throw a torch to see who shows up. If you are going to defend yourself with a makarov vs any bandit with a primary you are going to lose. Being stealthy vs zombies is 100% fool proof. I can avoid zombies 100% of the time going through any city no problem' date=' it isn't hard. Plus with this patch you can hide from them once they aggro. Using empty cans and flares as a distraction works great too.

This is hardly a fatal con you are just very bad at this game.

[/quote']

hmm, I'm sure you've aggravated a zombie, therefor that's not 100%. Yes, teach me how to play, I'd love to be taught by someone that usually gets shot in Cherno.

Removing a player's weapons on respawn is fairly easy, although i'm not sure it would work in DayZ. But i'm sure you did absolutely no research what so ever, as you just came to talk about how you die in the bean wars (lol).

I wouldn't mess with the starting weapon until you get the kinks worked out with the new behavior and hiding.