Sign in to follow this  
Heiduk

Where did you get your weapon (AKA how bad is loot inflation)?

Where did your weapon come from?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Where did you pick up your current primary weapon?

Between, no gear sinks, infinite loot spawns, duping, and the hive never being wiped does anyone actually get their durable gear from loot spawns anymore?

I know my current weapon came courtesy of someone else's tent.

EDIT: Ok, I should have been more explicit. The only weapon I want to know about is the one in your Public Hive character's Primary Weapon slot right now.

Feel free to comment about what's in your backpack, or on your Lingor or private hive characters but please don't include them in the votes.

Edited by Heiduk
  • Like 1

Loot spawn, primarily because I have switched to a private hive.

NW AF all to myself with two helis on the tarmac and the third a click east. Geared out!

Loot spawn, started playing Lingor island because I wanted something fresh and have been playing alone. First go around I got most of my gear from lootspawns and dead bodies before I got shot. Second time around I've gotten everything from just searching around myself.

Loot spawn, almost exclusivly. I do come across the occassional tent but ever since the tents stopped working, there's (obviously)been precious little in them.

I found my life-long L85A2 AWS at a crashed heli.

Found my AS50 at a crashed heli.

Found my DMR at a crashed heli and an ATC tower.

Found my M4A1 w/ Holo [not sure on the exact name] at the southern barracks.

etc.

most of the times loot spawns..barns or firestations..deerstands or crash sites the second one of every life..i usually search for hidden tents or vehicles when i don't need so much stuff

Tents i find tents all the time, it's kinda my thing.

My thing too. Much easier finding a tent full of gear then running around for hours finding 1 or 2 items.

Used to be loot spawns, now it is tents. hive wipe pl0x?

all this for me also.. Waste of time fighting zombies for random spawns when hackers leave tents filled with every weapon around the North of the map IMO

Perfectly even non-hacking split between loot spawns and taking it from other people so far. That's interesting.

Although you're more than half as likely to get your weapon from someone else's tent as you are to find it in a loot spawn. So that's kind of amazing. And predictable.

Which weapon? I've been collecting them for the past few weeks. Some of it I scrounged myself, some of it I traded for, some of it I looted from tents.

Two of them I stole off of the corpses of some unlucky bandits.

I don't really go for killing people now, so I've mostly just been getting my weapons from loot spawns. If I have to, I'll kill a bandit and loot them, but I'm not particularly trying for that right now.

I've got 2 primaries. L85 AWS and SVD Camo. L85AWS was found when I was flying with a mate in a chopper and saw a heli crash site. SVD was found at a massive tent city that had nearly everygun

I've got 2 primaries. L85 AWS and SVD Camo. L85AWS was found when I was flying with a mate in a chopper and saw a heli crash site. SVD was found at a massive tent city that had nearly everygun

I hope you voted based on the weapon you currently have equipped, i.e. in your primary weapon slot.

Teleported last night after getting a legit dmr from a heli wreck. Running with a m1911 and a ftw winnie atm :D

AS50, helicopter

M16ACOG, Barracks

M4A3 I had prior to the M16 ACOG, Barracks

M9SD, Hangar

Coyote pack, killed a guy at the NWAF

I've been playing on a new Private Hive server, the false enconomy produced by dupers and hackers hasn't hit yet but our team has killed the admin at least 5 times now and each time he has been very well geared, including us killing him and stealing his helicopter and then spotting him at a new helicopter, fully geared 2 hours later in which we killed him again and he had the exact same gear.

Dobrry hill above electro. Always someone there with 50cal to kill, all ya need is a lee Enfield. Then head north looking for vehicles and invariably find tent for mk48 or some other assault rifle.

I know where 15 camp locations are on a certain server, and everytime the server restarts all the loot is restocked. Endless of any thing you want, except no rocket launcher.

Had an AS50 from crash site.

Swapped out for L85A2 AWS & SVD Camo from a server hopping bandit at NWAF.

Gave the L85 to my freshly spawned mate back down South.

Met up with another friend who gave me his M14 AIM he found in a tent.

So where I got my current primary weapon isn't really an accurate representation of 'loot inflation' because had I simply decided to keep the AS50 in the first place, my vote would have gone to 'loot spawn'.