ChernoPTA

1.7.3 - Lets Wipe the Hive

Lets Wipe The Hive  

937 members have voted

1. 1. Should we wipe the Hive for 1.7.3?

• Yes
    • No

Been thinking the same thing. A lot of people do not know the joys and intense moments of air field/stary raids or even crossing open fields without checking the treelines. I want those days back. Have some beans OP.

I'm in favor of a wipe, not just of the hive, but of servers. No point in wiping the hive if I can just log into my favorite old server and regear, then spend some time shuttling the old stockpiles to new servers where I'll be up against a bunch of 1866-wielding nubcakes. Wipe vehicles, wipe tents, wipe wire and tank traps, wipe it all out. At the same time, completely revamp item IDs, so that anything that's scripted in that has the wrong ID can be spotted and eliminated, and the scripter banned. Cheaters will catch up, but it'll give us a few weeks, maybe a month or two of unadulterated test time, to see what the game can be without the wiggle room.

I'm in favor of a wipe, not just of the hive, but of servers. No point in wiping the hive if I can just log into my favorite old server and regear, then spend some time shuttling the old stockpiles to new servers where I'll be up against a bunch of 1866-wielding nubcakes. Wipe vehicles, wipe tents, wipe wire and tank traps, wipe it all out. At the same time, completely revamp item IDs, so that anything that's scripted in that has the wrong ID can be spotted and eliminated, and the scripter banned. Cheaters will catch up, but it'll give us a few weeks, maybe a month or two of unadulterated test time, to see what the game can be without the wiggle room.

When I say hive wipe I'm talking about a complete table drop for all instance id's and player id's. This means all servers and all players start fresh as if they've never played/never been played on.

Just wanted to clarify on that for people that may not understand what I mean.

YES! Do it! Im bored of spawning fresh and gearing up fully at sum guys tent. And im sick of the sight of .50 cals and the L85 TWS.

yes, obviously.. i honestly can't believe they still havn't wiped .... maybe this poll will finally convince someone (unlikely)

I agree. People shouldnt bitch as they havent been able to save tents anyway. Most wont have them. Wipe my character, my tents and everything.

Ive been saving my tents and they are 100% reliable.

And what about those who have got everything legitimately?

What about the hours, perhaps days, spent on fixing up a vehicle or two?

In some way, a total HIVE wipe would be alright, but in other ways it would not.

The only problem that I'm worried about is that the amount of hard work and hours spent into the game shall be gone, just like that.

If the HIVE were to be wiped, I think Rocket should notify/have notified us at least three weeks before doing so.

EDIT: Yes, a HIVE wipe would be magnificent!

WHEN I get the Komoravo/Kamenka spawn, I shall dominate since there are at least three bicycles leading up to there. On my way I shall loot Zeleno for an Alice pack, supplies and weapons. AND THEN ITS A STRAIGHT RIDE TO THE NWAF

YEAH BUDDYYYYYYYY

Edited by Inception.

To anyone worried about having a less-than-fighting-chance against hackers if you lose all of your gear, you don't stand a fighting chance in the first place. Any one of these script kiddies can enable god mode at any given time and if they want to start teleporting behind you with an AS50 in-hand, there is no amount of gear that will stop that from happening. It's best to just start fresh and hope BattlEye and active admins can catch and do away with all these lame-ass scripters.

I've switched to private hives because of how useless it has become to play on open hives. Ten minutes worth of running on several different servers and I can be back to Chern or Elektro rocking a full sniper setup, hacked or non just because I know where a solid line of AS50/L85 tents are sitting.

cbb reading through this thread

clothing dupe method cannot be fixed unless he removes clothing, or does what lingor island did; you dont get your old clothing when you swap to new stuff.

unless one of those 2 fixes are put in the clothing dupe method will always work.

but im all for it. only thing i have fun now is suiciding characters and full gearing new ones in 1-2 days

the people who know how to play will be back on top in very little time while all the other failures who were handed their stuff will squirm and cry :D

• Like 1

a monthly wipe simulating a surviving government nuking the world to finally end this plague.

then it's groundhog day!

If possible, wipe my gear, not my character. I stayed alive for two months, no duplicated gear, no cheats. Would be a bit sad to let that awesome run just disappear. No big deal though.

I agree with a wipe. Too many hacked in weapons are floating around, and dupers are just making a bad situation far, far worse.

M4A3 ACOG GL. It's an M4A3 camo, with an ACOG sight and a grenade launcher. I seen this yesterday and popped the guy using it, plus his buddy. Also got killed by a group of five in Electro, three using G36C SDs, one with an AS50 TWS, and the last being the only legit-ish guy was using a hatchet with his makarov.

Plus, I'm starting to find tents packed with these weapons, as well as satchel charges. Worse yet, they are poorly hidden near electro and cherno. These people now have so many of these, they no longer care to hide their tents because they can just dupe more.

Yeah it's pretty dumb that every person I see in game has an as50 and a l85. The only ppl that vote no are of coarse bandit kiddies

boo! no way man, having to get up to 5k humanity again and locating all my hard earned gear? booooo