rocket

Why the radio silence?!?

all i gotta say is take your time. id rather have something great then something broken.. and PR is needed. we may have a huge commuinity but the world pop is much bigger ;D i wish you the best luck as alot of people here do aswell. when i frist heard of the standalone i started throwing money and debit cards at my screen. lol but i can wait and wish you all the luck in the world. (or beans depends on what you like) though i guess a little post here and there wouldnt hurt but i almost instantly chalked up the slience as you where busy with the mod the standalone and all this running around. and this post was meaningful to me its amazing to see you even with all this going on to take the time to come down to the end user level and express care. but ass kissing aside good luck and ill stop aimlessly going on.. and go kill some zeds

In other news, Rocket came back to work last night. Last tweet around 6 o'clock in the morning, still working on artifacts. I would be quite surprised to see a patch today, as he hopefully is sleeping now. Well, at least he is able to do something now.

Edited by -Freshmeat

From Rocket's Twitter:

" I'm going to make a decision today whether to release a hotfix (1.7.2.6) or wait and release 1.7.3. If the hotfix, then very soon "

About 3 minutes ago. I really hope he chooses 1.7.2.6

Edited by ZenBC
  • Like 1

From Rocket's Twitter:

" I'm going to make a decision today whether to release a hotfix (1.7.2.6) or wait and release 1.7.3. If the hotfix, then very soon "

lolololol

Last hotfix went well

From Rocket's Twitter:

I would prefer a hotfix too, even if it just fixes the artifacts, tents, and vehicles. :thumbsup:

The other stuff I can wait for.

lolololol

Last hotfix went well

So just to clarify, your last posts have been complaining about lack of communication and a fix and now you have that communication you've got nothing better to say than "lololol"?

• Like 10

Thank you for your relevant and thought-provoking post. How insightful. I can't believe nobody has posted that exact thing a few THOUSAND TIMES ALREADY.

Post something useful or GTFO. Please.

And STILL you don't get it. Which shows the need to post it a thousand times (or perhaps shows that the stupid are incapable of learning).

Your post was completely useless so by your own logic you should "GTFO".

I would settle for removing all the military bodies to prevent graphical glitches (they're just cosmetic), a hive total reset, tents and vehicle saving being fixed - that would really change a lot of the game!!

• Like 1

So just to clarify, your last posts have been complaining about lack of communication and a fix and now you have that communication you've got nothing better to say than "lololol"?

Perhaps he, like many other people who "complain" wonder why Rocket chooses to continually use Reddit, twitter or pretty much any other channel to communicate with his community other than the official DayZ-forums.

• Like 1

Perhaps he, like many other people who "complain" wonder why Rocket chooses to continually use Reddit, twitter or pretty much any other channel to communicate with his community other than the official DayZ-forums.

Well, thanks for speaking on his behalf. Posting "loololol, last hotfix went well" failed to make that point.

• Like 2

From Rocket's Twitter:

I really hope he releases a hot fix. That will fix some broken features and buy him time to implement the features he wants.

• Like 1

Well, thanks for speaking on his behalf. Posting "loololol, last hotfix went well" failed to make that point.

I did not speak on his behalf. You on the other hand claimed that he in his last few posts had complained about a lack of communication.

You then replied something in the lines of that Rocket now has communicated with "us". I remarked that Rocket's choice of channel (twitter or Reddit) might be the real issue here.

Your ability as a representative (or community liaison) are currently alienating the user base (future customers) and pouring fuel on the fire. If this is by choice, then by all means "job well done". Blizzard forum mods would be proud.

• Like 5

lolololol

Last hotfix went well

Stop using my avi you defeatist fuck. If you aren't happy with the progress fuck off back to COD.

Yup as the guy just said above, Rocket, about 30min ago, posted on Twitter saying "Artifacting? and its gone".

And linking this picture

A2GKRvyCIAALSKE.jpg

Edited by Crableg

Well, some ppls may still have problem with it... as even now not everyone has those problems, but really hoping its gone :)

Well, some ppls may still have problem with it... as even now not everyone has those problems, but really hoping its gone :)

It will only be gone once he applies the Hotfix ;)

He hopefully has fixed the artifacts, but he thought so last time as well. I am not saying that the fix is a botched, just that if things are not perfect, don't rage. Further, I have not seen hard evidence that the bugs with the Hive is gone, only an indication that progress have been made.

Still, I am pretty exited about the update. Currently, I am packing two tents and have found a nice location in a thick forrest with no real waymarkers to give it away. I can raid fine with restarts, but I had to leave behind a FAL because I had nowhere to store it.

well it was posted last week that today was the release day of the new patch :huh: call it blue magic if you want who cares whether its blue magic or blue dogshit :lol: just put a choke hold on this muther fooka give us a patch to fix artifacts ! ;)

The PC Gamer Megapanel, featuring a discussion on "The Incredible, Uncertain Future of Storytelling" with the super-creative minds of Jake Solomon (XCOM: Enemy Unknown), Dean "Rocket" Hall (DayZ), Greg Kasavin (Bastion), Sean Vanaman (The Walking Dead), and Markus "Notch" Persson (Minecraft).

So much for the "It needs to be fixed by BI and Arma2".

I guess that's why the first thing in the patch notes says to run it with the latest beat patch too. Who knows. Let's just hope it's bloody fixed.

Edited by Fraggle