rocket

Why the radio silence?!?

I'd rather wait for something damn near perfect then get some of the forced released games in the last couple...decades. Most games could have increased their game play with just a month or more of dev time. Do what cha need!

• Like 19

Ignore us, we're all assholes. :V

Well there IS some truth to the concerns, my intention here is to outline that we did consider the impact this would have - and we made the call that the benefit from doing this was more than the loss. Time will tell if this is a good or bad decision. The opportunity to discuss DayZ with pretty much the entire "who's who" of the video gaming industry over the last month, from my perspective, is valuable beyond measure from a design standpoint.

• Like 20

It didn't annoy me one bit not seeing a post from you and/or your team regarding DayZ for a while, because I knew you were busy.

That being said, take as much time as you want; we can't do anything but complain, which I hope people don't do so.

PAX is too important to miss imo.

I don't think you should underestimate those repeatative interviews. I just saw those two segments from ign and not comming off as some Bobby Kotick CEO is pretty valuable, also even though 90% of the stuff is old for the hardcore info scavengers, the last 5-10% is still new insight into your attitude towards the current state and future development, which makes it worth combing though.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Good luck with the game, I mean really. There's many directions it could go in and I'm sure in your travels you've come across a lot of expert advice.

While I haven't been too riled up by the absence, I can understand why others would be.

Especially how with the last two updates the mod has had some almost game-breaking problems (like the graphical glitches as well as problems with tents/vehicles).

It was a good set of opportunities and a good thing that they were taken. Problem is, it seemed to a lot of people like the mod got broken then silence for no clear benefit, other than getting more players into a broken mod.

Whatever. I just hope that 1.7.3 can rectify some of the issues that have popped up recently.

And I really hope that it is to a satisfactory level of quality for you to release it by the 6th, as stated in the other thread.

If not, oh well. We can wait.

Edited by VBS.Redlof.B

First off: thanks for the update at least, and while your reasons are legitimate and fine.

I still wish a "1.7.2.6" with the Dead_soldiers replaced or removed had been released after 2.5 didnt fix the eye watering glitches.

I miss quicker smaller hotfixes.

BTW, I laughed my ass of during the IGN interview when you suggested turning off Vsync and it made the bugs even worse....was good fun :P

P.S. Remember to have time for a beer once in a while.

• Like 4

It's difficult dealing with all these various pressures, I'm sure its something you can deal with because as you know it comes with the territory. That being said the community does deserve updates, I like many others have invested a lot of time into something we believe in (Day Z) and it would be pretty special to have a weekly recap and update on the game - even if its big or small.

That being said all I want is for Day Z to be successful, groundbreaking & an enjoyable gaming experience that totally immerse's me.

All of these have been achieved, I have been playing for months & I'm hungry for more. Please give us more!

Thanks

• Like 1

Well there IS some truth to the concerns, my intention here is to outline that we did consider the impact this would have - and we made the call that the benefit from doing this was more than the loss. Time will tell if this is a good or bad decision. The opportunity to discuss DayZ with pretty much the entire "who's who" of the video gaming industry over the last month, from my perspective, is valuable beyond measure from a design standpoint.

I think it was a good call. Some business decisions made by companies are often not completely understood from the outside. But those decisions can make or break the development of a product.

I wish you well on the development, and hope it does not burn you out.

Also, I got to see and try out the Occulus Rift.

Bricks were shat

• Like 16

Have Valve convinced you to implement hats?

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 14

Bricks were shat

That good? How much they trying to get for a set of those bad boys? Are they heavy?

So long as the standalone is awesome like this mod (when it works without being hack killed), then I'll be cheering for ya Rocket.

• Like 1

Hey man, if you're at PAX, i'd definitely suggest paying a visit to the Mega64 boys You won't regret it, I promise.

Also, get used to going to PAX, cos' you're gonna' climb the game industry bigwig ladder pretty fast, right up there with notch.

• Like 1

Bricks were shat

That's great to hear! I have two of them coming when the dev kits start shipping.