Fraggle (DayZ)

Underrated Weapons

For a long time I've thought that the Mk 48 Mod 0 is one of the best weapons to own in DayZ. It's accurate, great for suppression carries 100 rounds to a clip and is generally a beast of a gun. It's also pretty rare yet all I see on the forum is people wanting to trade for AS50's or or M4A1 SD's.

What's your favourite underrated weapon and what do you think about the Mk 48 Mod 0?

I think a very underrated gun would be the AKM, high damage, common rounds, okay sights, and zero-ing! :D

My thoughts on the MK Mod... ITS SO AWESOME.

I have one, and I've scared the shit out of so many people! Loud, proud, and high damage!

Have put it to good use so far, 400 zombie kills and 6 murders, combined with the As50 or another sniper

it makes you the perfect support role, and I have 4 belts of 100rnds cuz the ammo isn't super rare :D

The sight and camo is so cool too!

Fav gun for sure!

• Like 4

AK Kobra and any standard M16 or M4 variant. I've dropped so many bandits and would-be snipers with these guys.

Oh, and the dinnerbell. I took out 2 incoming bandits, both of whom were carrying identical weapon loadouts (lol silly hackers):

DMR each and M4 CCO SD each, NVGs, GPSs, and basically everything, plus a PDW SD each.

All that does you no good when I have better aim.

Edited by Angel_
  • Like 2

The Mk48 is a sexy weapon.

Underrated? M24. I can get headshots on players at 900 meters without much difficulty... It is actually more accurate for me than the AS50.

• Like 3

One of my favs is the M14 aim or a humble M4 CCO.

The Mk48 is awesome at PVP. But you sure as hell better move away to a different spot after you've finished firing...like the M107 it's very loud and sure to bring zombies to you!

I love the MK. 1 shot zombie kill, 1-3 shot player kill. Large magazine. Great sight.

The Lee-Enfield, of course, is one of my favorite weapons in the game from both a stylistic and performance point of view. A skilled player could get more use out of that then a fair bit of the assault rifles in the game.

Oh, and the silenced MP5. It's worthless against other players, but the thing is the only firearm in the game that is actually silent.

• Like 1

nothing more satisfying than the thunk of the m203 grenade launcher attached to the m4 or m16. once sighted a group of 3 near the ne airfield (yes people go here still) and i waited in the trees looking at the door to the atc. as they were running out i launched a perfect HE round at them, 3 kills, one shot. can't beat that for efficiency.

also a big fan of the pdw, perfect for cqc.

The Winchester 1866, it's just a badass. Boom, zombie dead, sweet noise, low noise, 15 round clips, common residential ammo.

• Like 7

Standard M16. Very accurate up to 300-400m, common ammo and hits decent

Nice! Out of the feedback so far I'd have to agree with M14 AIM and also the M16. Both great gun's, both underrated.

Double Barrel, long story short I was able to outsmart and kill two bandits with just that, my lee enfield friend, and tactics. Fuckers had an Mk40 Mod 0 and an AS50. Double Barrel! Not my favorite gun... but damn I used it right.

• Like 4

AKM, does a lot of damage and amazingly accurate as well.

Winchester, 1 shot kill to zombie and quiet to other humans. Not sure why is it loud to zombies though.

I also regret dropping my MK 48 for a Silenced M4, got my first double kill with it and it all happened less than 5 seconds. It's just that amazing.

the m24 easily beats the as50 in my opinion plus i prefer the m4a3 cco awesome combo for support or overwatch

M16A4 ACOG can use it with NVG and its not as loud as DMR.

That gun is freaking rare nice job finding one.

I love using the AKM for its zero-able sights and for its really common ammo. I dropped this only for an M249, damn that chopper crash for not having the MK 48.

After the recent nerfing on so many weapons including the Lee Enfield and AK-74, I would have to say the most underrated gun would be the AKM.

It still does an insane amount of damage, has zeroing, the ammo is very easy to come by, and overall it's a superior assault rifle. I love it!

My thoughts on the Mk 48 Mod: Fuck. Yes. Never had one myself, but I saw a friend of mine absolutely destroy someone with it. :D

• Like 1

The M14 AIM is great, that's my current primary, nice and powerful with minimal bullet drop.

My backup is an M4A3 CCO which I have a soft spot for, in close quarters, the red dot is great, the full auto ability makes it seriously powerful, a possible 106,650 damage from a single clip which you can empty in hardly any time, and the flashlight makes it something you can use at night although slightly dangerous, it can blind enemies though if you point it right at them while lighting them up for you. Such a versatile weapon.

Talking zombies-only, the Bizon PP-19 SD is great, 64 rounds, silent, full auto if needed, good iron sights. If players weren't an issue I'd probably carry me a Bizon.

And I love the M1911, decent in every department and the ammo is so plentiful, I use it over most other sidearms, can't go wrong with it. And if you ever needed to use a sidearm on another player, other than the PDW, the M1911 is a good choice due to the extra damage. It still needs tweaking though in my opinion, the M1911 and Revolver got nerfed too much in 1.7.2.4

Definately the AKM. I used to drop it for M4 CCOs, but not anymore. While the aimpoint sight of the M4 CCOs is more comfortable, the AKM's iron sights are actually not bad (unlike those of the M4, M16 and AK-74 models) and its higher damage makes it the better assault rifle by far.