Mikeloeven (DayZ)

Give Current Dayz Players Free Game Keys On Release

Well, ok, I will make you happy.

CS:

I got CS 1.6 for free with Halflife

I got CS:S for free with Halflife 2

WarZ:

Well, you don't really know much about WarZ, ok ...

What do you actually know about DayZ standalone?

Where is the gameplay?

Where are the screenshots?

And once more, don't focus on WarZ, just call it an "alternative game solution",

actually it doesn't even matter which game it is.

I would understand the "alternative game solution" if it would be any other "game" but warz is probably not even real

DayZ stand alone is real because:

They set up a website dayzgame.com before they announced it, unlike warz, they didnt even have a website when they announced it

Everyone knows who is developing dayz, no one didnt even know who was developing warz, no producer no names NOTHING

Rocket showed up at gamescom, where was warz?there're too scared to show that they have nothing

Edited by EndlessNight

No thanks ... Let me throw money @ the game.

I'd pay $156 for DayZ...make it happen Rocket.

• Like 1

lol I won't even talk about WarZ anymore.

This thread is NOT about WarZ.

I'm saying if BI ...

- charges us for the standalone again.

- probably leaves the mod, which was the reason for MANY people to buy arma 2 in the first place, in a half-broken state, how it is now,

- and doesn't include all the new content from the standalone, into the mod, which is supposedly impossible anyways.

There will be people that consider to buy an alternative game solution, people like me.

And I'm NOT considering to buy another one to boycott something, but only because I have to pay anyways.

I played DayZ ... It's not like it's an unbeatable super-game, but that's not even the reason.

If they would actually give a fuck about their customers, they would just let us trade arma 2 for the standalone.

But they smelled the money, didn't they. Ohhh yeah, the big money.

I bought arma 2 because I though "Woah DayZ is only an alpha version, there still have to come some big things.".

Well, ok maybe I should've informed myself about the standalone and shit, but then I would've waited for the standalone

and probably just forgotten about anyways. NO, I gave them money for arma 2 to play the mod.

All I say is they could at least offer a little "thanks" for the dayz-only-players, who aren't interested in arma 2 at all, and trade it for

the dayz standalone. I can't see something wrong there.

Btw. WarZ will cost only 15€ too, in the beginning. It has the same sell-model as dayz standalone, that's why I'm considering to

buy it instead in the first place.

So, ok, NOW I'm not talking about it anymore XD.

Edited by grasmann

lol I won't even talk about WarZ anymore.

This thread is NOT about WarZ.

I'm saying if BI ...

- charges us for the standalone again.

- probably leaves the mod, which was the reason for MANY people to buy arma 2 in the first place, in a half-broken state, how it is now,

- and doesn't include all the new content from the standalone, into the mod, which is supposedly impossible anyways.

There will be people that consider to buy an alternative game solution, people like me.

If they would actually give a fuck about their customers, they would just let us trade arma 2 for the standalone.

But they smelled the money, didn't they. Ohhh yeah, the big money.

Btw. WarZ will cost only 15€ too, in the beginning. It has the same sell-model as dayz standalone, that's why I'm considering to

buy it instead in the first place.

So, ok, NOW I'm not talking about it anymore XD.

Ya know that they are gonna keep supporting the mod right?

WHEN THE FUCK DID PAY FOR DAYZ?! Now seriously its fucking annoying that you cant understand that you bought ARMA 2 not DayZ!!!

Btw. WarZ is gonna cost 30€ and not 15 wtf?

Im starting to think that you're trolling, if not..oh dear

DayZ is gonna be lets say a "new" product of BIS it has nothing to do with arma except the engine, and many other companys use the same engine for different games to, frostbite for expample!

Yeah what money whores! Charging 10-15€ for a sandbox game is wayyy to much, we should get everything for free, because we all know, that developers dont have to pay bills, now go play your "alternative game solution" while the real dayz fans have a great time playing it for 15€ while you have to pay 25-30 (I hope even more) until you reaize that DayZ is going to be awesome.

If you dont understand that I dont give a fuck anymore, I go and play PlanetSide 2 see ya

Congratulations you successfully manoeuvred around all my arguments .... again.

Once again ... DayZ was created by a BI employee, maybe he wasn't employed by them

when he released it, but he was before and he is now.

Through viral marketing BI made a lot of money with the mod.

I bet 75% of the dayz players have never started arma 2 without the mod.

With all that I think it's like slap in the face to produce a standalone

and charge for it again, because the mod will never have the same features.

EDIT:

And what people in this thread tend to forget, I don't want to have it for free at all, I want

to trade it for my arma 2, because the day will come when I simply don't need it anymore,

because the dayz mod is outdated. Yeah I know the developement will be continued, but

honestly ... if the developement will be continued like it was recently were major bugs and

horrible graphical glitches are really just ignored, then trust me, in the long run the mod

doesn't have a future.

Edited by grasmann

I bought 2 copies of Arma for dayz. One for me and the other for my friend. I'm $60 into this but I'm gladly forking over more $ for the stand alone... possibly 2 more copies lol. I don't understand what everyone's beef is. Sure it would be nice to get it for free but I feel the discounted alpha is sufficient.

• Like 1

How the fuck is that anyones problem but the player that didnt start it?

You bought a game. You bought ArmA2, LIVE WITH IT!

Just be happy that DayZ won't come as an add-on to ArmA3. ArmA3 preorder (discounted!) price in Sweden is something like 75USD (€60). So by paying $30 you get a game on same engine as ArmA3, but with your favourite (at least this is my favourite) genre, and with more than 50% discount.

From another point of view I see an ArmA2+OA+DayZmod as a "DayZ 1". Standalone DayZ is like "DayZ 2".

"DayZ 1" was ~$30 (hugely overpriced with graphics it has, bugs and cheaters, BUT THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE GAME TO CHOOSE FROM!), and many original ArmA2+OA fans got it for free :)

If "DayZ 2" will be sold at ~$30 (hopefully with much less bugs, good anti-cheat protection and, obviously, much better graphics and PhysX) - great deal!

Edited by Infineon

he has a point but as if they would allow that ! T

The bastards wont/wouldnt/EVER make any farking money !!!

My question to all the people who think they should get a free copy of the standalone is what would you be saying now if Rocket had signed up with a different company, and used a different engine, to develop the DayZ standalone?

Rocket was not an employee of Bohemia, he was a contractor. His idea was his own and he was free to take it to whatever developer he wanted to.

Once again ... DayZ was created by a BI employee, maybe he wasn't employed by them

when he released it, but he was before and he is now.

Through viral marketing BI made a lot of money with the mod.

With all that I think it's like slap in the face to produce a standalone

and charge for it again, because the mod will never have the same features.

EDIT:

And what people in this thread tend to forget, I don't want to have it for free at all, I want

to trade it for my arma 2, because the day will come when I simply don't need it anymore,

because the dayz mod is outdated. Yeah I know the developement will be continued, but

honestly ... if the developement will be continued like it was recently were major bugs and

horrible graphical glitches are really just ignored, then trust me, in the long run the mod

doesn't have a future.

It's not going to happen shut up and wait until WarZ comes out.

/thread.

Edited by Bukethead

Just play Arma then, as it's the game you paid for.

Edit: Stop being so tight, Rocket has said that buying Arma 2:Combined Operations AND the DayZ standalone will cost you less than buying Skyrim. Also, you should have no problem giving BIS some more monies, god knows they bloody well deserve it.

FUCKEN EH ~!

I kinda agree with you, but it would make them miss a LOT of money used for development, server renting, etc. What they could do is giving all players which own DayZ a discount.

Also it depends on how much the standalone game is going to cost, for instance: if it will costs 50 euros (about 70 dollars), i am calling that a rip off towards all the players which already have the game/mod, if it only costs the same as Arma2 Combined Operations (25 euros) i am fine with it.

A discount ofcourse would be nice, like a 5 euro discount or something. Not too much but still :)

Theres no way rocket can stand to "loose" that income by giving free keys to Dayz mod players.

BUT what he maybe could do is give discount for people already playing the mod. Seeing as they bought arma to play hes mod :)

Again noone can force him :) if he wants to get all the money he can for development i dont blame him hehe. 1mill x 30$ or so lol aka A LOT of development.

not to mention paycheck for all working on the project :)

Just like you keep on doing.

Wow... I simply can't understand how you can be so foolish as to buy a game simply because of a mod and expect it to be a fully fledged game.

Nobody forced you to do that, it was your own decision and a stupid one at that if you can't live with it and expect something in return for that. How in the world is it Bohemia Interactives fault that you bought their game because of a mod? A mod! Something where you can never be sure how long the developers are going to support it and it's bound to be full of bugs.

I mean I really can't understand how you cannot see the stupidity behind what you're asking. Even if you bought it only for DayZ, it still only cost you what? 20 to 30 Dollars on Steam, depending on when you bought it. That is still very cheap and you can very well get your monies worth of gameplay out of it until the standalone will come out and even after that the mod will still be supported, so what in the name of god are you even complaining about?

Let me answer that for you... your own stupidity that's what you're complaining about, nothing else.

• Like 1

Alright, obviously we're starting all over once again.

1. Of course nobody forced me, but I thought, since dayz is an alpha version, there would be much more to come in the future,

I mean lets face it, if the standalone is out the mod will probably be dead, no way they will suddenly get rid of all the errors.

2. Everywhere I read about it, there was written "made by a former employee", well now he is an employee again, so don't tell

me BI didn't use the mod to make some extra money through viral marketing, because then you're stupid.

3. I never said somebody owes me something, I always said it would just be a nice thing for BI to do.

4. I never wanted something for free, I wanted to trade my arma 2 for dayz standalone, because if the standalone is out and

if the mod is outdated I don't need it anymore.

5. Dayz standalone won't use arma 3 engine, it will use a modified arma 2 engine. Arma 2,5 if you want.

They could also just release an engine update for arma 2 customers and release the dayz standalone as another mod for these

people.

6. It doesn't matter HOW much it will cost, only just because I have to pay anyways, that's why I'm considering to buy something

else.

7. I said several times that you guys are thearetically right, but with the nature of the mod, and how the marketing got so much

money in the pockets of BI, it would, as I said, just be a nice thing to do, to simply let us trade our arma 2 copies for dayz standalone.

This community is so fucked, you can't have a reasonable discussion about anything, without people writing troll posts, and teaching

you what you already know, over and over again. I was in this same situation with every discussion I started or was involved.

I beginning to understand why everybody is shooting everybody else on sight, this community seems to consist of people that are

pretty much just gleeful, and aren't interested in anyone, but themselves.

With that said, I guess I will end this too.

Don't even bother to quote me, I'm out.

@James Ashwood

Sorry that's not enough to offend me.

Edited by grasmann

Alright, obviously we're starting all over once again.

2. Everywhere I read about it, there was written "made by a former employee", well now he is an employee again, so don't tell

me BI didn't use the mod to make some extra money through viral marketing, because then you're stupid.

5. Dayz standalone won't use arma 3 engine, it will use a modified arma 2 engine. Arma 2,5 if you want.

Rocket was a contractor to Bohemia. Kind of like how a person building a house contracts a plumber/electrician/tiler/etc..

And it won't use a modified Arma 2 engine. It will use a modified version of the latest iteration of the Real Virtuality Engine.

It won't be Arma 2, Arma 3, or Arma 2.5. It will be everything from the latest engine that DayZ needs for DayZ, less a few features which DayZ doesn't need, plus modifications specifically needed for DayZ. What does that mean for us? It means a cleaner, leaner game engine which doesn't weigh our systems down with functionality the game we're playing doesn't need, and extra functionality specifically customised for the game we're playing.

Edited by MykeMichail

Translation = I'm a giant walking vagina and I want free stuff.

Dude have you ever even tried playing arma 2 OA ?

Try it it's a lot of fun. Just quit bitching because you sound like a douche

• Like 2

If you want to play dayz then you need arma2 and pay for it.

Is it frustrating that Rocket announced an all new dayz type game separate from the mod? Yes, I think so.

Should that entitle you to swap arma2 for the new game when it's released because you bought arma2 and got the free zombie mod? No, this is business. It exists solely to make as big a profit as it can. Would it be nice if you got a discount? Yes but so would flying unicorns for everyone.

I was furious when I read about the new game because I realised what it meant for the future development of the mod - no Rocket but at best maybe community development. But from what I've seen watching interviews with Rocket, it does look like the mod will continue just not in his control. That's good enough for me. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

not sure if it was said but bad idea. there are over 1 000 000 players who have a dayz account. if we all got a CD key that means the developers would rip themselves off $99 000 000 and hell no company would do that

Wow so many retards that dont understand the difference between the game they bought and what a MOD actually is... These new young gamers are so fkn retarted... wtf happened to people actually needing some kind of know how to play computer games... FUCK YOU WOW... YOU RUINED EVERYONE!!

Wow so many retards that dont understand the difference between the game they bought and what a MOD actually is... These new young gamers are so fkn retarted... wtf happened to people actually needing some kind of know how to play computer games... FUCK YOU WOW... YOU RUINED EVERYONE!!

ok no one knows who your talking about lol. but i think its a bad idea as the game developers would not rip themselves off millions and millions of dolars

Can I have a solid gold toilet seat included with my CD plz? I bought ARMA II: CO just for DayZ and I've been playing since the revolver spawn days.