Mikeloeven (DayZ)

Give Current Dayz Players Free Game Keys On Release

So? My offer stays the same: They give me the standalone and disable my Arma 2 and Arma 2 Arrowhead keys, or I will buy WarZ.

Simple as that.

I mean come on ... they don't have a disadvantage from that ... if I had waited for the standalone it would have been exactly the same.

I'm not sure you understand the basics of what it is to purchase something. I'll let someone else try and explain.

Also, I'm not sure what your "offer" is, you have nothing to barter with.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 4

Why should anyone do that? LOL

You clearly don't think with the mind of a game developer, my friend.

If I have to pay for the standalone, although I'm willing to get my arma 2 keys disable to get it free,

because I have absolutely NO interest in standard arma 2, I will buy WarZ instead, since the game

design of WarZ is much more appealing to me.

IF I get WarZ instead I will tell my friends to get it too, so I can play with them, and that lowers the

possibility for them to get DayZ, because they are pretty similar.

I don't think that I'm the only one thinking that.

So bohemia interactive should too.

Edited by grasmann

Most of you bought Arma II for the Mod but why not try Arma it's actually really good.

If you hadn't bought Arma II, DayZ probably wouldn't of been funded to go stand alone, consider it an investment.

Edited by LVG
  • Like 4

fuck man i shouldnt buy Arma II at all. I realized there will be a standalone for this mod right after i bought Arma II. Such waste of money...

How can you call it a waste? Try to play domination, warfare and insurgency before you say that!!

• Like 1

I understand now. In order for posts to be acknowledged, they must be completely unreasonable and ignorant. I'll try again.

GIEV PARTIAL REFUNDS FOR ARMA 2, TAT WAY YOU KEEP FANS

(Yes, I am a bit "Mad" bro. I'm not a huge fan of giving my genuine thoughts and then being flat out ignored. Criticized, I can accept. Proved wrong, too. Being ignored is just offensive.)

Edited by Zetal

I understand now. In order for posts to be acknowledged, they must be completely unreasonable and ignorant. I'll try again.

GIEV PARTIAL REFUNDS FOR ARMA 2, TAT WAY YOU KEEP FANS

(Yes, I am a bit "Mad" bro. I'm not a huge fan of giving my genuine thoughts and then being flat out ignored. Criticized, I can accept. Proved wrong, too. Being ignored is just offensive.)

You wont get a single dime in refund. You purchased ArmA2 to play DayZ. Easy as that!

ArmA2 is a game worth having!

Arma:CO is hardly expensive and was even cheaper during the summer sales, I only bought Arma for DayZ and will happily pay for the stand alone again, i always look at games as a price vs playtime and to be honest arma/day z has been the best investment in a game for ages and ive only had it acouple of months

If you hadn't bought Arma II, DayZ probably wouldn't of been funded to go stand alone, consider it an investment.

Yeah, well, you could see it like that. They got the money, they could work with the money, as a little "thank you" they could just

replace the arma 2 copies with dayz standalone copies, for those people who want to make such a trade.

While I can understand that this isn't the standard procedure in the game industry, I also can't see a problem with it.

It's not like they are losing money ... if all those people would just stick with the mod instead of buying the standalone they wouldn't

make much money either.

I'm not completely sure, but i think i read in an interview with rocket that they are going to make the standalone cheaper at the beginning, like it was with Minecraft, the sooner you purchase. the cheaper the game will be.

Also, you guys act like anyone owns you something, you bought a game so you could play a mod. Now the mod is going to be a standalone game by itself, why would the creators owe you a copy of that game? Because you played the mod for free? They don't care why you purchased arma 2 and i think it's great that they offer the game cheaper at the beginning of the sales. They don't have to do that either.

I bought a Whopper in Burger King the other day, can McDonald's give me Big Mac for free? Thanks.

Also, this, Quoted because it's fucking Awesome and Accurate.

Yeah, well, you could see it like that. They got the money, they could work with the money, as a little "thank you" they could just

replace the arma 2 copies with dayz standalone copies, for those people who want to make such a trade.

While I can understand that this isn't the standard procedure in the game industry, I also can't see a problem with it.

It's not like they are losing money ... if all those people would just stick with the mod instead of buying the standalone they wouldn't

make much money either.

If you want to do that, you need to contact who you bought the game from such as Steam etc.

Boycott the game as much as you want it's happening and no details have been given to the public on if Bohemia will reward those who bought Arma, but from your business idea you want bohemia to pretty much refund everyone who bought the game for DayZ, which would mean the money they got from Arma to put into DayZ vanishes...

I want to, but I just can't argue with a picture of EVE. Curse you!

[...] from your business idea you want bohemia to pretty much refund everyone who bought the game for DayZ, which would mean the money they got from Arma to put into DayZ vanishes...

I bought Arma 2 Combined Operations for 25€, I believe I read that DayZ will cost 10€ in the beginning,

so If they would do this trade for people like me they still would have 15€ per person, they don't have to

pay back. That should be enough.

WarZ will also cost only 15€ in the beginning.

That's why I'm considering to buy WarZ instead, If I have to pay anyways ... I can pay 5€ more and have

a game that is more appealing to me.

That's all I'm saying, and I'm pretty sure you can understand that.

Edited by grasmann

Does know one do their research If you purchased Arma2 you get a discount on the Dayz Standalone.

You're really determined that you're owed something aren't you, consider the new DayZ as DayZ 2, I mean people buy CoD games all over again and it's pretty much the same thing for a hefty price, when in reality nothing really changes the engine gets a small update a new story a few things added to MP but people carry on buying and the same will happen to the stand alone game except it will be a one time purchase.

You're really determined that you're owed something aren't you, consider the new DayZ as DayZ 2, I mean people buy CoD games all over again and it's pretty much the same thing for a hefty price, when in reality nothing really changes the engine gets a small update a new story a few things added to MP but people carry on buying and the same will happen to the stand alone game except it will be a one time purchase.

I never bought one of those, because I know exactly that those games are SHIT. :D

I bought Arma 2 Combined Operations for 25€, I believe I read that DayZ will cost 10€ in the beginning,

so If they would do this trade for people like me they still would have 15€ per person, they don't have to

pay back. That should be enough.

WarZ will also cost only 15€ in the beginning.

That's why I'm considering to buy WarZ instead, If I have to pay anyways ... I can pay 5€ more and have

a game that is more appealing to me.

That's all I'm saying, and I'm pretty sure you can understand that.

Read your post again. You bought Arma 2 CO for 25 euros. That's the beginning and end of it. How do you expect BI to know what your intentions were when you bought CO. DayZ (standalone) is a different game, you'll have to buy it, or WarZ if that's your choice (good luck with that).

• Like 1

@LVG

I don't think anyone here wants something for nothing, we just have different opinions of what we paid for. For those of us that purchased "Arma 2" without any word of the standalone, we had no reason to think there would be a shift in development. And there will, regardless of what the official topic states. There's no way the development focus will PRIMARILY be the DayZ mod when Standalone is out. There's just no way. Therefore, Standalone changes our investment.

Some of us just don't have the money to throw around like that- if I do buy a zombie MMO, it'll be DayZ... but if "DayZ 3" as you put it is going to be coming out several months after the purchase too, you have to understand that I'm just not a happy camper.

@LVG

I don't think anyone here wants something for nothing, we just have different opinions of what we paid for. For those of us that purchased "Arma 2" without any word of the standalone, we had no reason to think there would be a shift in development. And there will, regardless of what the official topic states. There's no way the development focus will PRIMARILY be the DayZ mod when Standalone is out. There's just no way. Therefore, Standalone changes our investment.

Some of us just don't have the money to throw around like that- if I do buy a zombie MMO, it'll be DayZ... but if "DayZ 3" as you put it is going to be coming out several months after the purchase too, you have to understand that I'm just not a happy camper.

It's going to be very cheap and it's going to be a while before you can even expect to see some screen shots, you didn't have any word on the stand alone because it never existed because of people like you who bought the game for DayZ you got it noticed and funded for a full on game, it's been stated the Mod won't die it's going to be carried on and open to other modders to do what they want.

OP's response to Arma 2

My response to OP

Edited by Spart248

How do you expect BI to know what your intentions were when you bought CO.

I expect them to know my intention if I'm willing to get my arma 2 keys disabled for a free copy of dayz standalone.

In my opinion that's a pretty obvious way to show my intentions of buying arma 2.

I expect them to know my intention if I'm willing to get my arma 2 keys disabled for a free copy of dayz standalone.

In my opinion that's a pretty obvious way to show my intentions of buying arma 2.

Why cant you just play ArmA2 too?

I BET you havent even TRIED.

Edited by AndreasB

Why cant you just play ArmA2 too?

I BET you havent even TRIED.

EXACTLY, and that's because I'm not even INTERESTED.

Edited by grasmann

EXACTLY, and that's because I'm not even INTERESTED.

Why not? If you dont try, how can you know? Troll

Why not? If you dont try, how can you know? Troll

I know it because I'm just not interested in military shooters.

I bought it to be able to play DayZ, because I like horror, I like zombies, I like the experience of DayZ.

I'm just not interested in pure military shooters. Troll

Edited by grasmann