caspar

DE10 - Server Thread <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

extreme desync and excessive kicking going on since new patch is on.

I tried connecting this afternoon but I have always been stuck at loading.

Server's obviously needs a restart, too bad Caspar's connection is down atm

K, till Caspar gets his connection fixed and sets the server to auto reset at least every 8 hours, I'll be switching to LU173.

See you in game guys ;)

Finally, i've got a HSDPA USB Stick for free from my ISP until the 'usual' Internet connection is fixed. This is enough to administrate the Server as i did before :)

Well, Server stopped working hours ago, i restarted it manually. Within the next days i will come with a solution @pod :)

Btw. i've rolled back to the previous netconfig to encounter those lags. If they still appear there must be another reason.

Edited by Caspar

I don't remember, why aren't we using the "every X hours" auto-restart functions?

Server will be DOWN for Maintenance from 18-20 o'clock GMT+1

K, till Caspar gets his connection fixed and sets the server to auto reset at least every 8 hours, I'll be switching to LU173.

See you in game guys ;)

Switch to DK1 instead, same rules but gmt+2 .. quite populated server.

At least thats where my grp is dominating the major cities.. might be more fun for us because it eventually becomes night and we have collected 6 nvg's xD..

That is why I will be avoiding it, bern playing 2 months, never found a goddamn nvg!

For now I'll stick to LU173, I think I found CHEEKI BREEKI's camp, so I can have access to plenty supplies :D

That is why I will be avoiding it, bern playing 2 months, never found a goddamn nvg!

For now I'll stick to LU173, I think I found CHEEKI BREEKI's camp, so I can have access to plenty supplies :D

Me and my mate or our "2 man wolfpack" xD .. have 5 nvg's. .. we store em on us before we log out every time.. so if you really want one.. I dont mind sharing.

Me and my mate or our "2 man wolfpack" xD .. have 5 nvg's. .. we store em on us before we log out every time.. so if you really want one.. I dont mind sharing.

Wait, your group is composed by 2 players?

The very first NVG our dumb group (2 semi-decent players, 1 mediocre and 1 "where the heck am I", but our group is mainly composed by me and pod) was found inside a V3S yesterday night. Well, at least we had a chance to see something different from the usual old bike or a tractor after 2 months.

It was in LU173 because in DE10 it's so hard to find something, even players are ghosts when the server is full. :(

Well, what can i say except that i am sad to see when people are leaving. I can't do much as to keep up and searching for my personal feeling the optimum configured server. Also i am still searching the reason why vehicles are de- and respawning after a couple of restarts.

• Like 1

Finally, i've recieved a Answer for one of my Tickets:

That said, it is a known issue that tents and vehicles currently duplicate items and generally behave erratically.

The team is working on fixing these issues.

Means, it's not a fault of DE 10, its a behavior which is known and will be solved in further releases.

Edited by Caspar

Our group played a bunch this morning, amazingly one of our bicycles had survived several sever restarts.... our other 2 didn't. I found and recovered this ATV someone had kindly parked

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578961482194729263/50124558896E91E6D591E0F0D54F3942C7B80391/

Deciding we should have 1 vehicle each and only ever log off next to the vehicle we searched for a third and ended up finding a fresh spawn ATV. Shortly after we found a players bicycle in the middle of the road and a players ATV in the middle of another road, presumably victims of a server restart when they were driving.

Lag seems to be fixed and we could drive in a convoy without desyncing into each other, we currently have 3 ATV's and 1 bicycle (the 2nd had a fatal ocean related accident <_<) so we'll see if any survive a server restart.

24.07.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 95248

- You NEED now Beta Patched Client (min. 95248) to connect to DE10!

- Got finally an answer about the vehicle problem, its a known bug and DE10 isnt the reason for it... see post #268

Last night I've been able to play without any problem, except for the serverbrowser being dead

No lagspikes no desynch whatsoever

Last night I've been able to play without any problem, except for the serverbrowser being dead

No lagspikes no desynch whatsoever

Confirmed. We had zero issues.

Nice to hear, i didn't mentioned it yet, but i rolled back to my personal 'stable' v0.17 Netconfig at 24.07.2012 11:48 (UTC-6). Seems this was fixing some issues, too. I also plan to make the v0.17 to my v1.00 for later reference. The reason is simple, 5 tries until yet to make it better then v0.17 ended in a desaster :)

25.07.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 95310

- You NEED now Beta Patched Client (min. 95310) to connect to DE10!

- Got finally an answer about the vehicle problem, its a known bug and DE10 isnt the reason for it... see post #268 *old*

Unplayable lag tonight that's only effecting the zombies. I'd shoot a zombie with a 1911 and instead of killing it it would just agro, in that particular case i shot it twice more at point blank with all 3 shots hitting and showing a blood splat, zombie then knocks me out and I die with my friend not able to do anything. Previous to that a zombie absorbed 5 shots before randomly de-agroing my friend and walking off, I should have logged off then. We also had a zombie agro from far away, run all the way up to us, take a shot to the chest making a noise, then turn around and walked off.

On the bright side my long trip back to base in a straight line made me stumble into a players tractor which I filled up and stole, the jerk then fired a bunch of shots at me hitting me for a whopping 1k blood. :D

A few minutes later I found a helicopter crash site with a 3 mag FAL and a M249 with 1 mag, so all I have now is a fine collection of vehicles and some heavy weapons, no food, no water and no equipment :lol:

Unplayable lag tonight that's only effecting the zombies. I'd shoot a zombie with a 1911 and instead of killing it it would just agro, in that particular case i shot it twice more at point blank with all 3 shots hitting and showing a blood splat, zombie then knocks me out and I die with my friend not able to do anything. Previous to that a zombie absorbed 5 shots before randomly de-agroing my friend and walking off, I should have logged off then. We also had a zombie agro from far away, run all the way up to us, take a shot to the chest making a noise, then turn around and walked off.

Same here, 3 revoler shots, 1 AK74 shot and still standing, then suddenly de-agroed and then... death. It happened multiple times.

A few minutes later I found a helicopter crash site with a 3 mag FAL and a M249 with 1 mag, so all I have now is a fine collection of vehicles and some heavy weapons, no food, no water and no equipment :lol:

We may arrange some help if you're willing to share something :)

Edited by Andrej Dudev