caspar

DE10 - Server Thread <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

So we checked our camps, too. All of them disappeared with patch 1.7.2.3. After a restart they were back again, but somehow destroyed - like someone drove over them with a vehicle. After another restart, everything was fine again like no one touched them. Another restart later they all disappeared again. This is weird!

Edited by phEus808

Server will be down for about 10-15 Minutes.

@phEus808, as soon as i get my usual network connection back i will check if i can get any information out of other admins but until then i will reduce my work to my minimum.

EDIT:

Ok, sorry guys but add 15 Minutes at the top.

Edited by Caspar

Server will be down for about 10-15 Minutes.

@phEus808, as soon as i get my usual network connection back i will check if i can get any information out of other admins but until then i will reduce my work to my minimum.

EDIT:

Ok, sorry guys but add 15 Minutes at the top.

Before the restart my tent was gone. It is unlikely someone destroyed it (wouldn't I be able to see the remains, then?). Hopefully it's back after restart.

Ok, running again. Changelog will be posted later :)

Ok, running again. Changelog will be posted later :)

It's now a regular server? There's 3DP and CH enabled...

EDIT: Aaaaand it's crashing again.

EDIT 2: It's now back. Still noob-settings enabled and my tent is cleared out. Unless someone needed binos and every can of coke I had as well as ammo for low-end weapons, it's the fault of either the server or HIVE.

I'm migrating to another server for now. If the server becomes reliable later on, I may or may not come back.

Edited by Athrins

damn, why... why is it so hard to 'just' work sometimes.

Rolling back to previous state of the server, takes just 2 minutes.

Couldn't warn anyone before, because it wouldnt let me (also a reason to roll back).

Mission: failed.

btw. for today i wont touch it again. So you can play without disturbance by me again :S

Edited by Caspar

I can almost hear the sound of someone driving off with my pick-up truck and all supplies I had in it :P

you WILL lose your truck :), we just blew up the big blue military truck with 4 guyz in it

• Like 1

We didn't have that problem on uk7, granted it was a few patches ago but we kept 3 vehicles alive for a week.

The only vehicle we've kept for longer then a day is the bus that lost all its wheels and even that disappeared and reappeared a few days later.

Its just frustrating to not be able to make any progress, my character has every equipment and 2 good weapons, whats left if vehicles are useless :(

It certanly is possible to keep a good vehicle stash for long.. we had 6(2xATV, 1x military truck, 1xbus, 1x motorcycle, 1x tractor) saved for 3 weeks

but that was on another server aswell, we are currently holding up on another server instead of de10 and our vehicles are staying there just fine.

Hoping to go back on DE10 soon when its fixed

you WILL lose your truck :), we just blew up the big blue military truck with 4 guyz in it

Yeah, and because it's white, I was trying to find something less obvious. It's nearly impossible to keep a car when playing solo.

I found an ATV (someone tried to cross the bridge S of Vybor.. :) I bumped it back on its wheels with the truck and spend over an hour hoarding parts to repair it. When I just needed two more wheels I drove it to Pustoshka, tried to park it near the warehouse, clipped a road light thingy and it stuck. Then it exploded. With my DMR and everything I was gonna take back to camp for the day. FML.

It was after that I took the truck to go look for more vehicles and the server crashed and stayed down and I had to go to sleep. There went my AS50. Shitty day.

EDIT: Oh yeah, did I mention my tent was wiped with the server crash? -.-

Edited by Athrins

Now that you mention it I'm curious to check the tent camp we usually raid for some supplies.

after the restart this morning, my tends and my car are away..

Edited by Pfeife

no one is able to connect to the server and i have to save my car :o .. yesterday i had a car accident with my atv. it was placed on the wrong site so i had to wait until the nest server restart.. and now im not able to connect.. bad luck brian..

edit: now im on the server and found my atv. tried to get out of the port in lumbermill but i got an accident again.. fuck this shit. ill give the next tries to you. its in berezino, lumber mill on the port! try your luck. it got full fuel btw.

Edited by mrbrain1

I've submitted a Ticket. I can only guess that this all has something to do with something of the following points:

- how i restart the server

- that the server is running to long, even over the state that Items arn't spawning anymore. So maybe all changes in the Phase where no Items are spawning anmyore won't be saved in the central database.

- that the server is an old one. The Database Entries for DE 10 are now around 2 Months old and can be corrupted or/and a old version and not fully compatible to the latest DayZ edition.

Until then, i can't do much more as to get finally a possiblity to kill / restart the server on 6-12 Hour base and hope this will solve the ridle. Otherwise we will have to wait for an answer.

@mrbrain1,

try it now again.

Edited by Caspar

Until then, i can't do much more as to get finally a possiblity to kill / restart the server on 6-12 Hour base and hope this will solve the ridle. Otherwise we will have to wait for an answer.

This seems to be the only temporary solution.

@mrbrain1 if you flip your atv you can flip it back over as long as you don't get off it.

Step 1: Lets say the atv is on its side with the ground to your left, you hold down S and D then move your mouse all the way to left so the wheels are straight, you will then start slowly spinning backwards in circles.

Step 2: While still holding S and D you then need a find a biting point with your mouse where the ATV starts to slow down, slowly wiggle the mouse around there and the ATV will start lifting off the ground, dont move the mouse at all at this point and you will upright.

If the ground is to your right you hold S and A and have the mouse all the way to the right. Takes a little getting used to but its saved me many ATV's :D

• Like 2

@Trowa Thanks for your help but I think the ATV is already taken. :D It seems you know much about DayZ so can I ask you and the Forum a Question? .. Why I'm asking.. nevermind... My question is: Do you know why the Server have just some cars? Because I found just a few cars like this ATV. But I never found another cars and the DayZ Map says there are much more vehicles.

So if anyone know about that, please answer in this forum It has been a head scratcher for me since i play DayZ. :D

Greets

• Like 1

@mrbrain1 if you flip your atv you can flip it back over as long as you don't get off it.

Step 1: Lets say the atv is on its side with the ground to your left, you hold down S and D then move your mouse all the way to left so the wheels are straight, you will then start slowly spinning backwards in circles.

Step 2: While still holding S and D you then need a find a biting point with your mouse where the ATV starts to slow down, slowly wiggle the mouse around there and the ATV will start lifting off the ground, dont move the mouse at all at this point and you will upright.

If the ground is to your right you hold S and A and have the mouse all the way to the right. Takes a little getting used to but its saved me many ATV's :D

true dat :) saved alot of atv's

@Trowa Thanks for your help but I think the ATV is already taken. :D It seems you know much about DayZ so can I ask you and the Forum a Question? .. Why I'm asking.. nevermind... My question is: Do you know why the Server have just some cars? Because I found just a few cars like this ATV. But I never found another cars and the DayZ Map says there are much more vehicles.

So if anyone know about that, please answer in this forum It has been a head scratcher for me since i play DayZ. :D

Greets

the problem about what you are hoping for is that the "spawn" markers on the maps online show all the possible spots that a single or a multi vehicle can spawn.. so there are for example two busses.. but more than two spawn sites.. so when someone happens to have an "accident" in their lovely V3S or UAZ and it gets destroyed .. it will soonish spawn in one of its allocated spawn sites for someone else to find, but that then requires you to be at one out of several spots at the exact time a vehicle spawns and most likely soon after a server restart because if you are not, someone else will get it first

Shameless selfquote because of new page.

Oh mighty Admin, will you update the server to 95054 anytime soon?

the problem about what you are hoping for is that the "spawn" markers on the maps online show all the possible spots that a single or a multi vehicle can spawn.. so there are for example two busses.. but more than two spawn sites.. so when someone happens to have an "accident" in their lovely V3S or UAZ and it gets destroyed .. it will soonish spawn in one of its allocated spawn sites for someone else to find, but that then requires you to be at one out of several spots at the exact time a vehicle spawns and most likely soon after a server restart because if you are not, someone else will get it first

First of thanks for the fast answer!

Now you have to know my english is really bad so I'm askin you a few things about what you said/wrote to me.

What you said means It doesn't exist 5 buses for example. It just mean it can spawn in Kazlovka as like in Cherno or Elektro, so it's random if you understand what I mean.

Do you have a tip how I'm able to get the vehicles sooner than other people?

Greeeeeets

Do you have a tip how I'm able to get the vehicles sooner than other people?

Camp the spawns 24/7 :lol:

I decided to surrender myself

I've been looking for them for too long, but it appears there's too much people with way more time in their hands than I do, so I never haf the chance to find anything else than the occasional abandoned tractor..