caspar

DE10 - Server Thread <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

16:20 GMT+1 ? its up again ^^

btw. are you sure about GMT +2 ?

Your post will be displayed as 20 Minutes ago from my one.

Yeah GMT+1' date=' I was confused because here in Italy we have some strange daylight time change every few months.

Me and my buddy had 2 busses, 2 atv's, a tractor and a car hidden but we used em every day.. they keep spawning and despawning between server restarts so it was hard to always use em and eventually we stopped using a few of them but decided to blow em up so they would spawn again.. I would imagine others feel the same, that they simply forget about em or stop trying to use em and leave the vehicle where ever they stashed it..

I'm just as you hoping for a better cleanup system and the "promised" dynamic generated vehicle spawn

I'm not blaming you of course but I know there are individuals storing all sort of vehicles (nearly all of them).

In fact today, out of pure luck, we found a tractor filled with everything inside (even a Mountain Dew), at his place we planted a tent with the mountain dew, some painkillers (for the obvious pain that this theft will cause) and planted two tank trap near the tent and finally moved the tractor away.

That's maybe the first time that we (me and roberto podeira) found a vehicle (except for an old bike and a stuck tractor we were forced to leave behind).

But, I know, such is life of a small team (2 players).

16:20 GMT+1 ? its up again ^^

Yeah GMT+1' date=' I was confused because here in Italy we have some strange daylight time change every few months.

Me and my buddy had 2 busses, 2 atv's, a tractor and a car hidden but we used em every day.. they keep spawning and despawning between server restarts so it was hard to always use em and eventually we stopped using a few of them but decided to blow em up so they would spawn again.. I would imagine others feel the same, that they simply forget about em or stop trying to use em and leave the vehicle where ever they stashed it..

I'm just as you hoping for a better cleanup system and the "promised" dynamic generated vehicle spawn

I'm not blaming you of course but I know there are individuals storing all sort of vehicles (nearly all of them).

In fact today, out of pure luck, we found a tractor filled with everything inside (even a Mountain Dew), at his place we planted a tent with the mountain dew, some painkillers (for the obvious pain that this theft will cause) and planted two tank trap near the tent and finally moved the tractor away.

That's maybe the first time that we (me and roberto podeira) found a vehicle (except for an old bike and a stuck tractor we were forced to leave behind).

I know me and a group of friends have 4 or 5 stashed (all on map), can't say we've ever had an issue finding a vehicle when we've needed one. Just a few days ago we decided to do a hospital run, it took us 3 attempts because every time we set off, we'd get part way there and find another vehicle and then go hide it!

In total we must have found 17-20 in the last 2 weeks, probably more, there's been a lot though that we've had that just disappeared suspiciously.

Me and Zeroheat control alot of the servers vehicles, we don't set out to hold more then we need but we lose vehicles all the time between server resets. After logging in today our fully repaired bus has despawned and been replaced by our old bus that has no wheels and weapons on it (no I don't know why it has no wheels).

Previously our minivan and ATV disappeared, then returned a day later on a hill, the ATV appeared in a different spot nearby.

We've actually gained most of our vehicles from other players, stealing the same truck twice, bicycle, 2-3 ATV's, 2 pickups, 2 busses and a minivan. Hell they let me ride my bicycle straight up to their pickup outside Novy and drive off, an hour later I dropped my friend off to grab the bicycle, they started shooting at him but he was fine, next day I drove back there and grabbed the ATV they had flipped. =D

pickup?

minivan?

trucks?

been playing for a month and I never saw anything like that.

the problem is not a couple players having most of the veichles, it is players storing them outside the borders of the map

I heard someone shooting while I was safely bypassing Stary Sober, so ofc I go to investigate with my DMR :)

I see 3 guyz and get an easy shot on em so neutralise the entire grp, but I feel kinda sad for em, especially the dmr equipped guillie sniper guy xD.

Next time dont go in the camp all at once, dont stay in the tents close together and someone should be on the hill.. just some friendly advice ;)

Hope you do better next time, Redstone, Duke and Bigdake.

RE: DE10 - Server Thread <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

(Today 06:41 PM)Andrej Dudev Wrote:

(Today 04:37 PM)Caspar Wrote: 16:20 GMT+1 ? its up again ^^

Yeah GMT+1, I was confused because here in Italy we have some strange daylight time change every few months.

(Today 05:37 PM)Corvax Wrote: Me and my buddy had 2 busses, 2 atv's, a tractor and a car hidden but we used em every day.. they keep spawning and despawning between server restarts so it was hard to always use em and eventually we stopped using a few of them but decided to blow em up so they would spawn again.. I would imagine others feel the same, that they simply forget about em or stop trying to use em and leave the vehicle where ever they stashed it..

The life of a 2 man crew is not restricted to a few vehicles xD .. I fixed all those vehicles mostly myself and my mate helped me fix a V3S, 2xATV, Bus, Motorcycle and a car on another server only us a 2 man grp, untill the admin manually reset em all.

BTW that was our tractor, but we had almost left it for good, we have AS50, Bison SD, DMR, M14, M9SD and some guili suits in our 2man squad now so we left it on there for backup gear , hope you enjoy.

I must admit it was a very fun and nice sentiment to leave the mountain dew, its kinda a "victory" kill drink

(Today 08:26 PM)pod Wrote: pickup?

minivan?

trucks?

the problem is not a couple players having most of the veichles, it is players storing them outside the borders of the map

They will respawn if they are outside map border, latest at 7 days timer, but sometimes faster

(Today 08:26 PM)pod Wrote: pickup?

minivan?

trucks?

OH btw, you shouldnt feel sad that you havent tried the real good vehicles yet, 'cause they will only leave you heartache and annoyance + confusion.

They despawn all the time during server restarts and you will constantly have to figure out if it was stolen or not and it will mess up your playstyle, make you less cautious, more obvious, more likely to die and you will end up pilling loot on it to save and lose it all suddenly. .. we decided not to get more than 1 vehicle untill the game gets more vehicle friendly

They will respawn if they are outside map border' date=' latest at 7 days timer, but sometimes faster

[/quote']

they won't respawn if they keep refreshing them

veichles respawn after 7 days of abandon, and 3 days from destruction

anyway you forgot to mention the painkiller, I left it in there for the eventual butthurt :D

Yeah having vehicles can certainly mess up your play style, we hit up the coast in our ATV to grab some wheels for the bus (to get rid of it). Drove by a player looking for fuel at the coastal factory and we found his truck and stole it. We tested a theory on can trucks float... turns out they don't D=

Moral of the story is don't drive your ATV through Berezino stopping at each place for wheels, eventually you'll die

They will respawn if they are outside map border' date=' latest at 7 days timer, but sometimes faster

[/quote']

they won't respawn if they keep refreshing them

veichles respawn after 7 days of abandon, and 3 days from destruction

anyway you forgot to mention the painkiller, I left it in there for the eventual butthurt :D

1. This has been updated ->

Out of bounds item/vehicles cleanup [2012-07-06]

Vehicles that remain unused for a short period of time (<=24h) outside map boundary now respawns inside map boundary at their original chance based spawn points.

the entire thread is here =

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=29123

2. And also this with destroyed vehicles =

- Destroyed vehicles respawned using the simple method (will appear on next server restart). More advanced method will be used later (dynamic locations, inventory, vehicle types etc).

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26982

These two threads are definately worth keeping an eye on

BTW that was our tractor, but we had almost left it for good, we have AS50, Bison SD, DMR, M14, M9SD and some guili suits in our 2man squad now so we left it on there for backup gear , hope you enjoy.

I must admit it was a very fun and nice sentiment to leave the mountain dew, its kinda a "victory" kill drink.

Oh well, that's better then. We feared that our theft was against a poor soul storing his findings inside the tractor; I can say that the tractor was a bit hard to spot, I was really lucky to spot it while running randomly with pod/roberto podeira. We are totally newbe in terms of hiding vehicles so, for now, we have some sort of new objective.

Anyway, I never used a M4 Holo, thanks for the leftover mhh.gif

About the vehicles issue, I understand we're just unlucky but sometimes it's sad to not being able to ride everywhere with your mate in a car because of the limitations.

1. This has been updated ->

Out of bounds item/vehicles cleanup [2012-07-06]

Vehicles that remain unused for a short period of time (<=24h) outside map boundary now respawns inside map boundary at their original chance based spawn points.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=29123

2. And also this with destroyed vehicles =

- Destroyed vehicles respawned using the simple method (will appear on next server restart). More advanced method will be used later (dynamic locations, inventory, vehicle types etc).

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26982

I noticed those threads too, it's good that the dev team is working on this matter.

Maybe in the next days we will see more vehicles all around... I hope.

I saw that thread' date=' thought the were talking about the upcoming patch tho

[/quote']

it is the database changes, they get changed when updated in the thread.. its a hive side change as i understand it, so should take effect instantly

Another server reset and another 2 missing vehicles, would reseting the server more regularly help prevent this?

@Trowa,

due the fact i can't really control where and how the vehicles are saved / spawned it doesnt matter when the server restart and how often. I can only run the server 24 hours before i have to restart. :S

I suggest setting a regular restart schedule on a 12h basis

It wouldn't affect gameplay and keep server reactive

I suggest setting a regular restart schedule on a 12h basis

It wouldn't affect gameplay and keep server reactive

Aren't scheduled restarts related to BEC? If I remember correctly it has been deactivated here due to auto-lock feature issues.

@Trowa' date='

due the fact i can't really control where and how the vehicles are saved / spawned it doesnt matter when the server restart and how often. I can only run the server 24 hours before i have to restart. :S

[/quote']

You should restart it more often so loot wont stop spawning due to the broken state of cleanup

@Andre,

yes it was, but now it running again in the background with deactivated flood control. And at the moment it's set to restart the server every 24 hours. But its new to me that the Loot stops spawning, i will test this at the next cycle.

08.07.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to v0.5 Mission file

- Changelog:

- This version brings a new adjusted filmic effect that is now default to all mission files and removes the option not to select beta as all DayZ servers should only run beta.

Actually it happens that loots are non-existent when playing after 12-14 hours from the last restart.

Actually it happens that loots are non-existent when playing after 12-14 hours from the last restart.

+1

Yes thats what the "broken cleanup step" means :) ..

Had to restart the Server because it lost his connection to the BE (BattlEye) Masterserver. Even if this server, as all others too, isn't resistant to cheaters/hackers ect. Its still a better feeling if your Id's getting checked and synched by BE so i've decided to restart the whole System.

Now the Server is running again and the Connection is reestablished. In the whole 1 1/2 Months of DayZ - DE 10 this was the first time with this issue, so i hope it will be the only one. Sorry guys :) But now you have a fresh booted system - faster isn't possible.

:P next time pod. next time.

Caspar, please, can you confirm us the time when the server is daily restarted? It is manual or automatic?

This would help knowing if it is normal that some loots are screwed at a certain time.

09.07.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to latest 1.7.2 Client and 0.6.1 Server (Changelog: link)

- It was a good choice to force you to upgrade to the latest ArmA2 Beta Patched Client 94444 some days ago, because now its required to play on the new server!

- Btw. DE 10 was the 39th of 1213 Server which updated to 1.7.2.0 As usual you will be one of the first which can play the new Edition.

@Andrej,

Sadly i have to restart the server manually. Usually between 6-7am GMT+1. The reason is simple: the server is full every time i could spare a minute to test new methods. To solve this problem i've got a 2nd DayZ Server ID! But i will not publish it yet :P

Hey Casper, it seems like the server needs another restart.. it has the common "waiting for character to create" that sometimes happens after a restart..

Edit: nvm :D, it just took 5+ mins to load like the olden days