hazzard65

DayZ Concept Art

Hello Everyone,

Sorry it's taken this long to get round it but I thought I might as well post this stuff in the one place people would really appreciate it. Here is the artwork I produced for the mod. It was made public quite a while ago at Rezzed in Brighton, been super busy with stuff so haven't had the chance to post it. Enjoy.

::EDIT::

For those asking here is the camp scene in wallpaper format, enjoy :). Widescreen: http://i.imgur.com/pl5rC.jpg Regular: http://i.imgur.com/pl5rC.jpg

f19e53eae049992d8f5f128b8dcace04.jpg

b561c29d5ba49ea2504136e95418cae0.jpg

abd81b96fe0e04dc153dab1e8f45ecb5.jpg

338c683f12ce2310ebfe42d628fdcef2.jpg

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 46

Yes! Is this going to be used in the standalone? I love the dorky outfits, much better than the current skins.

• Like 2

Awesome work! I would love it, if the infection looks like this in the standalone. The clothing is nice too.

Cheers guys :).

Don't know if anything is going to be used for the stand alone. Would be awesome if it was but really I just wanted to create some food for thought. I always find visual stuff is great for getting peoples minds racing so really this is my guerilla attempt to completely subvert the entire game to my personal whim.

I haven't posted the rabid pink poodle concepts yet as those are still under NDA.

• Like 1

Very impressive! I'm loving all of your ideas too. Would be perfect with a bigger variation in skins and veterancy conditions. And don't even get me started on larger camps with more safety than just that provided by barbed wire, sandbags and tank traps.

Awesome, I love concept art. Nice work too, thanks for the post!

Nice work Hazzard :beans: ..the dude at 2 weeks looks like me waking up on a typical saterdee morning ;)

I haven't posted the rabid pink poodle concepts yet as those are still under NDA.

OMG post that now!!!!! lol or are you joking anyway I love your ideas keep more coming!

We should be able to find lootable razors for the beard. Also, it be weird to see a female veteran. I wonder what her beard would look like!!!

Edited by colekern
  • Like 2

Unfortunately I ran out of time and I was unable to create female versions. My suggestions for the veteraned female version ran along similar lines as the male, just to make her hair as tied up as possible (to avoid hair in her face when she is focussing on survival) and to make it as greasy and straggly as possible :). Dirty fingernails, frayed bulky clothing, ruined shoes all the things girls hate ;).

I'd imagine Dean wants a very realistic approach so the last thing they want is skimpy clothing, perfect hair and makeup.

Only problem I see with this is you're keeping to the DayZmod idea. I want to be able to find new clothing (individual pieces) and put them on. Whether mine are tattered and need replacing, or has something I can benefit from (better colors used to conceal me in the location I choose to be around, more pocket space, offers more warmth, boots that offer prolonged travel with less fatigue, etc) and not just "finds outfit on the ground, equips" and changes my whole look.

So the only thing I do really like is the idea of growing beards, but would like the option of shaving them or sculpting them for those who just want a mustache, goatee, etc.

I watched one of Rockets Q&As and I saw him using the Viral transformation zombie picture on his slide projection, so it's obvious he's seen this but I really hope there is more to the character customization than what this thread is suggesting and what we've had already in DayZ.

Edited by Dreygar

At this stage I had no idea what was possible in the new engine, there were no solid plans in place nor did Dean specifically brief me on anything. These were ideas developed with Dean. A lot of the ideas he already had, I just visualised them for him. Some of the things like transitioning into hobo mode I think were mine, I honestly can't remember, he probably already thought about it but in all honesty he had about abajillion more important things to think about.

Ofcourse he has seen them, i was producing them for him and showing them to him :). At least I hope it was him... it may or may not have been an imposter!