combatcomm1

Lets do this, Trading Station Delta - Edited

IMO the safest way to do it would be in the green mountain radio tower. as far as I know it has one entrance, a tower with a damn nice vantage, not a terribly large amount of zed spawns, and it's double fenced. Snipers couldn't touch you because there's forest surrounding it, and they'd have to get close enough that the defenders could pick them off from the better vantage (in the tower)

Only things that could be trouble is kamikaze chopper pilots, or a bandit team that socially engineers the command chain to cause anarchy. Or the entire server converging on green mountain.

Awesome idea.

I'll be glad to try and help.

I hope the incoming patch won't add the "heartbeat" thingy or that will lose interrest since a bandit won't be able to try to enter and betray :(

But awesome idea victorM!!!

I beleave this idea may be nulled with future patches.

Did read an interview with rocket where the idea of NPC factions in game was mentioned. i assume such a thing may manifest in some sort of survivor/bandit camp site where your humanity will probably effect whether or not you can enter safely

Just an assumption mind' date=' but it seem like a logical conclusion to their purpose, i could be wrong though.

[/quote']

Link?? The vibe i got from rocket was he was completely against NPCs in game. That sux.

IMO the safest way to do it would be in the green mountain radio tower. as far as I know it has one entrance' date=' a tower with a damn nice vantage, not a terribly large amount of zed spawns, and it's double fenced. Snipers couldn't touch you because there's forest surrounding it, and they'd have to get close enough that the defenders could pick them off from the better vantage (in the tower)

Only things that could be trouble is kamikaze chopper pilots, or a bandit team that socially engineers the command chain to cause anarchy. Or the entire server converging on green mountain.

[/quote']

dude great idea qbert-that sounds like a way better place than balota.

also- this plan is mega TROLL BAIT, so we gotta find a way to manage mole-trolls who act like they wanna party and just wanna kill eveyrone. so maybe there should be some sort of referral system so that nobody gets in without somebody else saying that they are not hostile.

also, npc's would just fuck the game up. one of the awesome things about it is that EVERYONE u meet is a real player... not predictable or robotic, but human. this is not only a game about zombie survival, it is an experiment on human nature and how we interact with each other when there are no rules. very lord-of-the-flies-esque. npc's take that purity away.

Aw making the server pop go up man! Well anyway this sounds fun i might hit you up later.

Let me take care of the guard positioning. ;) gonna go on arma2 single player and seeing the best place to put guards :D

*Gasp* But isn't that metagaming! Quick Victor, save us from such terrible metagaming!

I would love to take part in this. This kind of player driven, community based effort is what I hope to see more of!

Sign me up

You could easily ask to ppl that wanna join to send you a private message on this forum, so you could analyze their forum posting to understand if they are more incline to play in a team, or if they are just PvP rambos. No posts (no messages) = no access .. you need to build your reputation prior than being accepted.

And if a troll setup all this? Spending like 1 month to build up a good reputation only to join you...? Well, if he has a so poor life to do all this to prepare a "virtual ambush", i'm whlling to give him my whole backpack without even fight, coz it would be so sad. :D

Man, I would just post up somewhere with an AK and start spraying and then hide. Guarantee that after like 5 rounds splash around people will freak and start shooting.

Let you all kill each other and then walk in and clear all the loot.

But good luck!

Location has been finnalized ladies and gentlmen. We are go.

I'd like to say what alot of people here are saying, I could totally get involved with this. If I see you guys in a server I'm definitely gonna have to offer my services as a supply runner.

Ok guys we are almost set to start putting plan to action. Only one issue. We dont have enough confirmed people to help. The whole success or failure of this operation anywhere depends on the location being guarded 24/7, at least w/ skeloton crew.

If you can help me tonight, thursday, june 14th around 6-7 PST please PM me.

I like your initiative.

though all your gear needs to be stashed in players inventories/tents. Otherwise people will use the same game mechanics against you.

Do you skype/forum anywhere? this idea shows promise

Let me take care of the guard positioning. ;) gonna go on arma2 single player and seeing the best place to put guards :D

*Gasp* But isn't that metagaming! Quick Victor' date=' save us from such terrible metagaming!

[/quote']

xD

Ok guys we are almost set to start putting plan to action. Only one issue. We dont have enough confirmed people to help. The whole success or failure of this operation anywhere depends on the location being guarded 24/7' date=' at least w/ skeloton crew.

If you can help me tonight, thursday, june 14th around 6-7 PST please PM me.

[/quote']

What time would that be for GMT? like what 6am or something :/ I want to come on the server and help but I guess not xD Nooo way I'm walking up at 4am to go on the server.

If it were 1pm pst I could get on though

Right now im just utilizing this forum to get everything started but all orginization of this will in realtime will be in game using direct chat and the radios that (hopefully soon)rocket will implement.

Right now im just utilizing this forum to get everything started but all orginization of this will in realtime will be in game using direct chat and the radios that (hopefully soon)rocket will implement.

Im coming onto the hardcore server now

Message me the details, I would love to join you guys on teamspeak/ingame.

To everyone asking for the meeting location, that would kind of be a troll-a-thon if we broadcast it on the forum itself. He might be in-game already, but try PM'ing VictorM if you want the location.

I'm holed up nearby with eyes on the location. I'll be switching to US Hardcore 2 at 6 PM PDT. Nobody shoot me if I happen to pop up right next to them, OK? And I have no voice coms, only direct chat; so give me 5-10 seconds to reply.

Update: I'll be on a little later than 6 PM. I have to go run to the store quick here in real life.