combatcomm1

Lets do this, Trading Station Delta - Edited

I would genuinly love to see this headed up by someone with more time and expirience with online relationships and forum folks. I dont have the patience, time or desire. I am in the military and while i thought i had time. I really dont. Maybe if it were easier to find people with the same goals, vision and interest in this project. Without the whining, bitching, quitting and in game betrayel like getting shot and people "griefing" meetings and orginization. I would love to see this game expand with barter economy or survivor made currency.

Like i said, i have the desire and interest and would love to contribute immensley. But starting a project like this in a hostile enviroment over 1s and 0s with people you dont kno and in most cases DONT want to kno, is waaay to time consuming. As i had already mentioned, i have never ran an online clan. The human dynamics are unbelievably different 1000s of miles apart, behind the guise of the internet. Managing flesh and blood humans has its challenges but is easier in a sense. Having the law behind you helps too. Lol but that goes for any real job

And for the record the 2 guys i actulley did meet with in game can be the judge of my charisma personality and leadership. But these forums will mess with the strongest of mens patience.

Common currency? we have one. Blood. Cans + cooked meat. We just need to find a exchange rate based on rarity minus inflation of the starting cans.

---Snipped---

One' date=' Publik didn't "get owned".

Two, dude, really?

I've tried to support this from the start, and even continued after you verbally abused me.

Whether that was a misunderstanding, or you were frustrated, I don't know, but I've yet to see you stop to consider your own choice of words.

You're not doing yourself or your project any favors.

I don't doubt that you can do a good job as a comms officer in this mans army, but if you went into this expecting people to follow orders in the same manner people do in the military, then you've started off way over your head.

On the interwebz, trust is earned. There are many ways to earn it, and I find that the very easiest is to be polite and diplomatic.

In closing, I'd like to make it clear that I've never attacked your idea or your person, and that this post is in no way meant as such.

I honestly hoped you could make this work.

But, to me, you've been shooting your limbs off one by one.

[/quote']

Pretty much that, except for the closing statement. I have slightly attacked your ideals and your person, but you completely deserve it. Also, I don't see how you being stationed in Korea has anything to do with your ability to lead. So far you've been close-minded and vehemently against suggestions, often resorting to name calling and other childish displays.

Oh, and OP, I'd gladly take over the operation if you'd like. I actually want this to succeed, though you can't see past the fact that I think communications is a higher priority than realism or one man's immersion (and you being a "comms officer" should perfectly understand the importance). I just want you to fail. Only you. Because you're an ass, and that isn't how things get done in DayZ.

Here are my qualifications:

-I have above average grammar. Even in text, I can explain myself coherently and I can spell.

-I have common sense.

-I have a fair amount of free time, and I am bored enough to approach this project and see it through.

-I am a programmer. I know how the game runs (albeit from a third person perspective). I know how to exploit things like ghosting and server hopping. I also as such know how to defend against them.

-I can read a map.

-I'm more dedicated to the idea of a trading post than my own pleasure or ideals.

-I'm really a nice guy, once you're not a dick to me.

If you'd like to hand over the reigns, I'll accept your defeat graciously and even let you be a part of the trading post.

Publik what do u think this is man? Go somewhere else and play green beret trading post somewhere else. Go start your own. You dont need me to hand over reigns. But i will be handing the rains over to vulvulf. Hes been frequently active in this thread. I also suggested kurzistan, who i also met in game as the two leading the pack on this one. I will help them immensley as well but getting this off the ground is not my calling. Too many real life commitments and not enough patience for the bullshit of gamer forum subculture.

Well, Publik you seem like a good guy. Just make your own topic on the forum since I'm sure VictorM practically steered most serious people interested in this away. Also, Victor you keep saying your in the military like it means something, no one really cares. If you have so many real life commitments, then why the hell did you make this in the first place?

Well' date=' Publik you seem like a good guy. Just make your own topic on the forum since I'm sure VictorM practically steered most serious people interested in this away. Also, Victor you keep saying your in the military like it means something, no one really cares. If you have so many real life commitments, then why the hell did you make this in the first place?

[/quote']

Oh, fine. It was fun to bother him while it lasted. To the forums!

To those seriously interested in this stick around. Like i said vulvulf does not want this to die. He has ALOT of time on his hands since he is on break from school. Or you can go with publik. Mr "green beret" himself lol. Hes not very educated tho, he dosent know the korean war is still going on. I tell people im in the military so they know my real wolrd creditials idiot. The same way rocket does when he explains survivalist techniques. I know how to defend a base, i know tactical movement, doctrine and managment tecniques. What do you have? A trust fund and lawl cat posters?

Make the base 'on wheels'. A convoy of vehicles that can relocate all the time. Then its 'harder' for griefers to spawn 'in the base'.

Use the truncks for storage. - How did you plan to store the loot originally?

/sEi

The Korean War is not "still going on." It ended with an armistice in 53', and lead to the division of Korea into North and South.

If you were sent to South Korea in the course of your military duties, then you still haven't been a part of the Korean War.

Call it a cold war or a war of intelligence, I don't care. But it's not the Korean War.

Make the base 'on wheels'. A convoy of vehicles that can relocate all the time. Then its 'harder' for griefers to spawn 'in the base'.

Use the truncks for storage. - How did you plan to store the loot originally?

/sEi

what happens with the hijackers?

To those seriously interested in this stick around. Like i said vulvulf does not want this to die. He has ALOT of time on his hands since he is on break from school. Or you can go with publik. Mr "green beret" himself lol. Hes not very educated tho' date=' he dosent know the korean war is still going on. I tell people im in the military so they know my real wolrd creditials idiot. The same way rocket does when he explains survivalist techniques. I know how to defend a base, i know tactical movement, doctrine and managment tecniques. What do you have? A trust fund and lawl cat posters?

[/quote']

They're "lolcat" posters, not "lawl cat" posters. At least get the terminology right?

Click here or on the cats for my thread. Need some people, and if the guys that offered TS3 servers a while back still care, I'd be glad to have your help.

cat-heart.jpg

Quick edit: Omg, look at how their tails curl together ♥

You do realize anyone can take the simple military tactics you say you know, and apply them easily in a video game right? I have no military experience whatsoever, yet I know how to apply those real-life tactics into the game. You're not special for being in the military, a good amount of the ArmA community is in the military anyways.

The concept is cool but this is something that won't be close to possible till the DayZ mod is a game or further in Development. You could give it a try. I would be happy to stop by and trade with you guys.

If they introduce booby traps this will help with ideas like this to be more possible.

I say test it out but expect players to try to loot the place or cause issues but that pusk and pull can create some great moments in the DayZ World.

I hope this is till going on. PM me anytime you need help Victor :)

Thinking about this, it seems that what is really needed first is a core group of seasoned pvpers.. Even potentially a clan or something to act as guard duty. The problem is, say a big clan wants to meet and posts the time and location on their forum. Could they even protect themselves well enough in that situation? I know big clans have camps that they manage to keep relatively well guarded. The trick is to find a way to do this so that the general public can somehow stop by to trade.

I'm thinking though that secrecy is a big part of how that works. It also seems like the amount of people you'll need for protection will be a big part of the server just by themselves. You'll need enough guys to be able to hold off potentially groups of people and have enough people to fill in the gaps when (inevitably) some go down.

I'm not a really seasoned pvper so this is all just speculation. I liked the idea of not using any external communication but Im beginning to think it would be impossible without it. I think if vent (or something) was used and you had enough people willing to fight if need be.. It might work. But idk.. Again im up for helping out whoever does end up taking charge

Another Trading station that wanted to introduce an achiles heal for no reason and it screwed the group over.

WRONG. Had nothing to do with TS3.

Yah' date=' unfortunately true military leadership is impossible with the amount of fucktards here. In the military theyda been kicked out or sent to levenworth. Charisma on the internet? Are you kidding?

[hr']

I dont understand if you all are so into the idea and think you can do a better job this and that? Than WTF? why isnt their one yet?

That's a great way to get people to join join your cause... just call them fucktards.

I must say your leadership is worth nothing. First you sent them to the wrong place... Holy shit, if you were in the military you wouldn't make a stupid mistake like that. Then you post the exact time and place to meet up and expect there to be zero bandits.

Please, your leadership skills are worth nothing.

So there are a few out there who still want to see this happen, unfortunately with the game as it is the current goal is impossible. What we want is not currently capable in the game as of yet and possibly wont be for a long while, So why not change the start up? It was suggested a few times that the trading post be a travelling trading group, possibly we should seriously consider this for now while we have a few people willing to work together.

Pros-

• *Smaller team needed
    *Less likely to get griefed
    *Near impossible for bandits/griefers to log out/in on a server to attack the group from behind
    *The smaller team will get to know each other while working together and from this a larger group can be formed around it more easily in the future.

Cons-

• *Less services available to others
    *Other large groups have a better chance at attacking and winning Vs setting up a fortified position
    *Isn't why most people are here in the first place

Al right folks, this is the situation regarding Trading station Delta:

Kurkistan and I, as VictorMs chosen successors, have jointly decided that a fresh start is necessary in order to rise above some of the confusion in this thread.

To that effect, we are merging Trading Station Delta with Publik's (as yet without a spiffy name) Trading Post . This new trading post is still very much in its infancy, inviting discussion that can benefit from the lessons learned in this. If you are still interested in being a part of this grand venture to civilize the zombie apocalypse, then please head on over to Publik's thread, join the Steam group, and join in on the discussion.

Some of you may have received a PM similar to this, and more should be sent to others soon, it's in case some who were interested no longer keep up with this thread, If you receive a PM after reading this, they're pretty much the same thing.

So there are a few out there who still want to see this happen' date=' unfortunately with the game as it is the current goal is impossible. What we want is not currently capable in the game as of yet and possibly wont be for a long while, So why not change the [i']start up? It was suggested a few times that the trading post be a travelling trading group, possibly we should seriously consider this for now while we have a few people willing to work together.

Pros-

• *Smaller team needed
    *Less likely to get griefed
    *Near impossible for bandits/griefers to log out/in on a server to attack the group from behind
    *The smaller team will get to know each other while working together and from this a larger group can be formed around it more easily in the future.

Cons-

• *Less services available to others
    *Other large groups have a better chance at attacking and winning Vs setting up a fortified position
    *Isn't why most people are here in the first place

I like the concept, and when you put it like that the idea seems sound, we have however merged with Publiks Trading post which probably wouldn't result in an initial small team. Perhaps taking from your idea, a small team of mobile vehicles makes the "deliveries" and we operate from a hidden base of operations?

Post your idea in the new thread if you like:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12446

In case anyone is still keeping an eye on this thread, please head on over to the new thread and post your details to join the company.