combatcomm1

Lets do this, Trading Station Delta - Edited

You blokes are forgetting about ghosters.

And your security team wont even have background checks (ie: you dont actually know them). This is just asking for a group of organised bandits to socially engineer if you're not already one.

Ill look at it today.

If there is no natural cover we are going to need a lot of sandbags. And if no concealment it wont be a good "safe zone" there is an island however with just a light house but its very steep and small. Not much flat ground. Not very comfortable for a trading post

The moving camp is starting to sound better and better lol. I just dont see how its feasable as safe. How would anyone know where we are' date=' what we are and who we are. Unless we can pick up and move a substantial amount of fortification equipment easily around the vehicles than its not possible

[/quote']

We could use a lot of sandbags to create a large square with an opening on one side. Put a tents with it and then a fireplace so that even if it rains we can stay warm. Of course we would have to stay on a high location so no one can shoot at us from above.

guys- the airstrip near balota has that medical area that's a rectangle and its's surrounded like 98% by sandbags with concertina wire on top. there are guard towers on every corner, two fire barrels and tents everywehre. the only exposed are is a gate with a guard booth. i think it's the spot.

also, i don't think zeds spawn in there.

guys- the airstrip near balota has that medical area that's a rectangle and its's surrounded like 98% by sandbags with concertina wire on top. there are guard towers on every corner' date=' two fire barrels and tents everywehre. the only exposed are is a gate with a guard booth. i think it's the spot.

also, i don't think zeds spawn in there.

[/quote']

Zombies do spawn there unfortunately and also It would be too easy for one of the guards to be sniped from one the four towers. Again me and VictorM may check it out to see if we should use it. Thanks for the suggestion :D

also' date=' i don't think zeds spawn in there.

[/quote']

AFAIK zombies won't spawn inside the barb wire surrounded area, but otherwise the place is totally infested with soldier Zs. The guards will be quickly short of ammo shooting up those bastards as they spawn lol.

Otherwise it would be a perfect spot though.

EDIT: TSG beat me to it.

another good place would be on a factory roof area that has those catwalks attached. no spawn up there, but it is open for snipers. well, pretty much anywhere is gonna be zed and spniper hell. i think the balota base would be good because can be 100 % closed off when u close the gate, and it'll make for a slow approach for ppl wnating to participate. nobody can just run up. they gotta crawl thru the hordes. also, u wouldn't be able to move about freely inside the base (no running) u'd have to crouch walk as usual to not spook the zeds.

i dono man, i think it's teh most viable place on the list so far. close to cherno, you can see most of the way around u xcept for snipers in the trees. but-- if snipers shoot then the zeds will CHASE THEM AWAY, right? it's like a human minefield. thoughts?

another good place would be on a factory roof area that has those catwalks attached. no spawn up there' date=' but it is open for snipers. well, pretty much anywhere is gonna be zed and spniper hell. i think the balota base would be good because can be 100 % closed off when u close the gate, and it'll make for a slow approach for ppl wnating to participate. nobody can just run up. they gotta crawl thru the hordes. also, u wouldn't be able to move about freely inside the base (no running) u'd have to crouch walk as usual to not spook the zeds.

i dono man, i think it's teh most viable place on the list so far. close to cherno, you can see most of the way around u xcept for snipers in the trees. but-- if snipers shoot then the zeds will CHASE THEM AWAY, right? it's like a human minefield. thoughts?

[/quote']

too close to the coast imo. At least balota has a relatively low spawn count. I dont think any player with a lot of good equipment is going to go down to the factory just to trade something.

Hmm... This is an interesting suggestion. The guard towers dont provide much use unfortunately. But its halfway built which is nice. Its deff smack dab in the middle of banditland tho

This would be so unbelievably easy if we could just take zombies out and hold locations untill they try and come back from an out of city spawn. Every hour or so. That seems feasable from my editing knoledge. Which is slim.

I believe someone mentioned patch 1.7.1, and how it's supposed to incorporate a 30 meter area around any player where Zs won't spawn?

Doesn't that basically fix all of your Z problems?

Yah kno what i think we need to stop being so worried about things and just try it. I have been to that med area and it does seem feasable. I believe it has a double gate as well. I just need guards guys. Lots of guards who are willing to play WITHOUT metagaming and who are ok with chain of command and following SOPs. Casuals CAN apply. Im not asking for dedication in the extreame like attending training and such every day. If we get enough people than we can have 1 hour shifts, once your done if you want you can rotate to another section like supply and logistics. If not head on out and do your own thing. People who dont play on hardcore us 2 are more than welcome to come over, if your ping is decent, and do a shift. Have a little fun working towards this objective, than bounce out to your home server. Pm me for details on our first meeting. Once we have enough folks for at least minimul manning we can open the doors for travelers and traders.

People will be coming from a bunch of diff servers just to chill, relax, trade and buy storage space.

I believe someone mentioned patch 1.7.1' date=' and how it's supposed to incorporate a 30 meter area around any player where Zs won't spawn?

[/quote']

Negative. Thats for initial spawn only as in as your coming into a town or walking towards structure the zs will spawn further out from you so before your 30 feet from a building or what not. It says nothing of the zeds walking around and generally being all over the place after theyv spawned.

Preatty much just a fix to the walk into a town and a z spawns close enough in front of you that you can smell his breath.

Lots of guards who are willing to play WITHOUT metagaming and who are ok with chain of command and following SOPs. Casuals CAN apply. ...

People will be coming from a bunch of diff servers just to chill' date=' relax, trade and buy storage space [and loot, pillage, and burn'].

You know, using the forums is actually a form of metagaming. Just saying. If you were really hardcore, you'd make this band of misfits without posting on the forums about it.

Edit: Just had a little read there. You're planning on putting it in the med camp next to Balota? Balota? The SW airfield? Where everyone without a brain goes after wandering through Cherno? "Friendly in Cherno?" Cherno?

I believe someone mentioned patch 1.7.1' date=' and how it's supposed to incorporate a 30 meter area around any player where Zs won't spawn?

[/quote']

You re-ninja'ed me (not quite sure if that's the right term). I posted that a bit back and was about to re-post it. Thanks for noticing. :)

I'm not sure how much ground area these various locations have that we would need to cover, but some intelligent guard placement (with the help of some basic geometry and a range-finder) would give us close to 300 square meters of guaranteed safety for ten guards.

EDIT: Ah, saw VictorM's reply to this. It might still work though. As long as the Zeds can't get in, we might still be able to have a reasonably large, zombie-free area which just happens to have a few pesky walkers roaming around outside.

You blokes are forgetting about ghosters.

And your security team wont even have background checks (ie: you dont actually know them). This is just asking for a group of organised bandits to socially engineer if you're not already one.

For now ghosters are inevitable. We will have guards on watch and a strict camp occupancy limit that is known by all guards. If too many people all of a sudden are in the camp trade will be halted and things will be investigated.

On the other hand if a guard sees someone ghost spawn they will instantly be fired upon and killed.

yo victor- my steam name is kumiiyo, add me if u need some help with your crew. i'm pretty much of a 'chaotic good' alignment so i won't be doing any super regimented stuff, but i'd love to help out gathering resources and offering my axe to the cause. i'll spread the word as well to other cool players i meet.

let me know what u think on steam chat. this is a super sweet concept you're working on.

also- if baltoa is too close to the coast, we just need to find another one of those medic areas that are all bagged in. there's probably another one SOMEWHERE it would be super epic if u had to make a half hour trek to get there. it would make it so much more worth it when u get there.

Well, the no-Z zone around each player should keep Zs from respawning once you've cleared the area when you get in, right?

Just gotta clear the area once, then players being there should take care of the rest?

The Zs on Skalisty only spawn at the buildings on the west end, correct me if I'm wrong? So clearing out the island, and them keeping a guy or two down there, should fix that problem?

Lots of guards who are willing to play WITHOUT metagaming and who are ok with chain of command and following SOPs. Casuals CAN apply. ...

People will be coming from a bunch of diff servers just to chill' date=' relax, trade and buy storage space [and loot, pillage, and burn'].

You know, using the forums is actually a form of metagaming. Just saying. If you were really hardcore, you'd make this band of misfits without posting on the forums about it.

Edit: Just had a little read there. You're planning on putting it in the med camp next to Balota? Balota? The SW airfield? Where everyone without a brain goes after wandering through Cherno? "Friendly in Cherno?" Cherno?

As to the "metagaming" question, my impression as to VictorM's intent to limit metagaming is moreso a specific limit to any kind of unrealistic, real-time communication on the ground in DayZ.

If we're selling storage space, then we'll need to write down who owns what where. If we're drawing up guard details, we need to hash out time zones, availability, and inclination as well as writing it all down somewhere (google docs in the end, I would suggest). We need to know who's doing what where in order to be an effective company.

All of this could be accomplished in a real world scenario with a white board in the company barracks and a few clipboards, all discussed when even "off duty" company members are present, since they will still exist on the face of the earth. The key to not using TeamSpeak is that it is a supernatural and supernaturally secure means of instantaneous communication across the width and breadth of the zombie apocalypse.

The difference, then, lies in that TeamSpeak provides a real-time, unrealistic benefit while forum threads and excel spreadsheets are simply organizational aids.

That's my read of the situation, at least.

Well' date=' the no-Z zone around each player should keep Zs from respawning once you've cleared the area when you get in, right?

Just gotta clear the area once, then players being there should take care of the rest?

The Zs on Skalisty only spawn at the buildings on the west end, correct me if I'm wrong? So clearing out the island, and them keeping a guy or two down there, should fix that problem?

[/quote']

When u put it that way it might actulley work. However it would require testing. 30 meters isnt all that far. But enough people placed effectivly may give us a bigger bubble. But they also respawn extreamly fast. Yesterday i cleared the island and within a minute i had zs everywhere again

As to the "metagaming" question, my impression as to VictorM's intent to limit metagaming is moreso a specific limit to any kind of unrealistic, real-time communication on the ground in DayZ.

If we're selling storage space, then we'll need to write down who owns what where. If we're drawing up guard details, we need to hash out time zones, availability, and inclination as well as writing it all down somewhere (google docs in the end, I would suggest). We need to know who's doing what where in order to be an effective company.

All of this could be accomplished in a real world scenario with a white board in the company barracks and a few clipboards, all discussed when even "off duty" company members are present, since they will still exist on the face of the earth. The key to not using TeamSpeak is that it is a supernatural and supernaturally secure means of instantaneous communication across the width and breadth of the zombie apocalypse.

The difference, then, lies in that TeamSpeak provides a real-time, unrealistic benefit while forum threads and excel spreadsheets are simply organizational aids.

^

|

|

| THIS! Thank you dude. Someone a little more articulate than me gets it. ;)

^

|

|

Well' date=' the no-Z zone around each player should keep Zs from respawning once you've cleared the area when you get in, right?

[/quote']

When u put it that way it might actulley work. However it would require testing. 30 meters isnt all that far. But enough people placed effectivly may give us a bigger bubble. But they also respawn extreamly fast. Yesterday i cleared the island and within a minute i had zs everywhere again

^

|

|

^

|

|

Let me take care of the guard positioning. ;) gonna go on arma2 single player and seeing the best place to put guards :D

Unless we can pick up and move a substantial amount of fortification equipment easily around the vehicles than its not possible.

Why not, at least for the time being, use the vehicles as fortifications for the central trade area? Parking them the right way would provide a barrier or a kind of wall around a small area where players could feel relatively safe and in cover. Parking them in a semi-circle, backed up to the side of a building, would work too. Probably only one guard would be needed per vehicle, to make sure no one steals one and drives away with it.

this could grow into something epic as fuk. ill post if i find any other barracaded zones.

Publik you are annoying as fuck.

You're just my new favorite person ♥

Glad to see this idea taking off so fast, can't wait to get in game with those involved and get the ball rolling. I'm liking the idea of using vehicles Shylan mentioned as a defence but not entirely, perhaps to cordon off openings in already built up areas, although I suppose when they are needed and moved the area ends up being less secure.

I beleave this idea may be nulled with future patches.

Did read an interview with rocket where the idea of NPC factions in game was mentioned. i assume such a thing may manifest in some sort of survivor/bandit camp site where your humanity will probably effect whether or not you can enter safely

Just an assumption mind, but it seem like a logical conclusion to their purpose, i could be wrong though.