combatcomm1

Lets do this, Trading Station Delta - Edited

Take a look at the factory compound at coord X-078; Y-114

I had a look at that before; it's got an awful lot of places for a troublemaker to hide in or take cover behind once they're inside the gate. It'd instantly devolve into an infuriating S&D op if someone smart decided to cause trouble once they were inside. Plus, while everyone's trying to find the griefer, other people would have a relatively easy time getting in to loot or to join in the fray.

The OP assumes his guards will actually stand there and wait. And wait. And Watch. And Wait. And stand around for something bad to happen.

People don't play games to work. They play them to have fun, and standing around "guarding" is quite literally the last thing I want to do.

I think the island that someone mentioned is a great idea. I think once server-hopping is taken care of, the island will be a great place. Or, isn't there a rather thin peninsula along the coast? Like the place almost looks like an island, but when you get close enough there's a thin strip of land going out to it? I haven't been down south in a while so I forgot. But it would be easy to defend. And if this gets up and running before server-hopping is taken care of, then we can just have a lot of guards on the island, so that anyone would be stupid to even try it since they're guarenteed to die, even if they take one or maybe two people down with them.

Slightly off topic, but I think a great idea nonetheless, is something that I'm going to post in the suggestion area. A solution for server-hoppers that I think will be fair and work like a charm. Idea---when someone logs into a server for the first time and spawns for the first time, that becomes they're 'primary' server for the time-being. When they log out, and then later log back in, they spawn right in the same spot like things work now. But, when they want to switch servers (log into one other than their 'primary'), they spawn at a random spawn point anywhere out in the wilderness anywhere on the map (that way you don't spawn on the coast near new players when you have good loot you've spent time collecting, and you also don't spawn in a town that is probably inhabited by another player). That server they logged into then becomes their 'primary', where they can log out and spawn where they left off, and the same random-wilderness spawn occurs everytime someone decides to 'switch' from their primary server. THIS SOLVES SERVER-HOPPING and allows awesome ideas like this trading-post to happen :)

Set it up on one of the islands and use a boat to ferry people who have paid to the island. You can make full jerry cans full entrance + 1 transaction.

Not many people have boats to try to screw with you, and if someone swims to the island they loose all their stuff.

You can eventually get a chopper for extra security too.

Set it up on one of the islands and use a boat to ferry people who have paid to the island. You can make full jerry cans full entrance + 1 transaction.

Not many people have boats to try to screw with you' date=' and if someone swims to the island they loose all their stuff.

You can eventually get a chopper for extra security too.

[/quote']

thats actually a very good idea.

It'd be awesome to take part in a big operation. I'd like to help out as a guard, so shoot me a message.

The OP assumes his guards will actually stand there and wait. And wait. And Watch. And Wait. And stand around for something bad to happen.

People don't play games to work. They play them to have fun' date=' and standing around "guarding" is quite literally the last thing I want to do.

[/quote']

They wouldn't be doing it for free. I think a lot of players may prefer to be a part of something like this rather than just farm buildings over and over again for ammo.

And visitors would gladly toss one or two STANAG clips if it lets them trade with other players for the ammo they need.

I think you guys should go for it. It might not be possible with the game in its current state, but a lot of people are enthusiastic and you wont know if it works until you try. I might even stop by if you guys get something set up.

People don't play games to work. They play them to have fun' date=' and standing around "guarding" is quite literally the last thing I want to do.

[/quote']

We get it dude, your a hardcore griefer bandit. All youve done is annoy me since I posted. Shut up. This will not be work. Its going to be fun, watching out and capping your fat face if AND WHEN you try shit. Its an hour shift.

[/quote']

They wouldn't be doing it for free. I think a lot of players may prefer to be a part of something like this rather than just farm buildings over and over again for ammo.

And visitors would gladly toss one or two STANAG clips if it lets them trade with other players for the ammo they need.

Ed-Zachary. lol 2 Clips of stanag for a chance at a DMR or NVG? Im sold

OP, I sent you a PM as well. Definitely want to be a part of this :)

Maybe if a player gets killed on your watch you could store their stuff in a tent for them to reclaim or something.

Also, anyone who thinks this would be boring should consider that it's an almost guaranteed shot at PvP, since people are almost certainly going to try and attack.

VVVV

Really doubt that they have anywhere close to enough players to pull this off yet.

So is the trading post thingo up and running yet?

I'm tempted to drop in and do some actual trading.

Iam all in for the Trading Station.

I own a TS3 server so contact me if you want to use it for runnin this show. I can host a website too but that is something we should think about when the trading is up and running

Even if it want work out we have some great firefights. ^^

Suggestions:

If you/we can get our hands on a server we can call it something like

"DayZ trading *something* "

So everyone who joins in knows what it is all about.

We can get in charge of the vehicle and our guards get bandits they can shoot. :D

To prefent players from spawning inside the market we could change to location every X hours. That should be no problem when we got all vehicle.

Also it gives the team something to do.

I saw a thread where doctors offerings there medical services.

Why not help them. The heli could be used as medivac or they work inside the market.

Definitely cooperating with the docs would also increase our services and such. A trading server or designated server might be a good idea too. We're going to need a designated server just to orchestrate our activities, procuring a vehicle and preparing a location for this trading post.

Is there any progress being made on this idea? I'm actually jumping at this opportunity, I really think being a guard would be interesting just for the Role-playing interest. I don't have any vehicles or sandbags to offer, but i'm outfitted with a decent primary weapon and some transfusion bags to run guard duty or scavenger duty.

Yeah I want to know if this ever amounted (or will amount) to anything.. Might be interested in guard duty if more are needed

Hey,

Just read the thread, love the idea. What's the current state of the project?

Even if with the current game mechanics it sounds impossible (griefer, server hoper) as said there are a lot of people who are motivated and I think you should give a try! The idea is fun and even if everything goes wrong/get robbed/attacked, I'm sure it'll be a great experience/immersion for anyone involved! That's the game is about, trying things, sandboxing what we can, dying and restarting again...

Keeping an eye on this thread as I would be interested with trading or maybe helping in a near futur.

Good luck, keep the project alive!

Well, a team is being organised for one, I'll be leading the scavenging team I hope, resupplying the necessary ammo/food/medical supplies/guns etc.

This is a good idea' date=' but unfortunately it isnt possible to do, griefers and server hoppers make this impossible.. how do I know?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7065&highlight=DE6

Tried it on DE6

[/quote']

I checked the thread, dunno if its related to the last "forum hack" but seems it was on the way to be build... but no more for now.

So what happened?

Can you tell us in short-long how was the experience? Fun, drama, trauma?

I'm curious :)

Personally I would go up north. You can get a lot of supplies and it will take bandits a long time to find you as well. Your best bet would be to make a snadbag wall around an encampment with a fireplace put down. People can go to the surrounding villages and town for supplies, while a large supply group takes a vehicle to the air force base.

This means that you will be unlikely to be attacked by players and no chances of being attacked by zombies. It also means you dont have to look for so much fuel for the boat. Again this is only a suggestion.

Someone has already mention that it will take longer for survivors to get up to the north, but it is better than them easily coming to us and losing 5-10 guards by 3 bandits.

Furthermore, we would have the advantage with 2-3x as many people searching and hidding in the woods for bandits.

It's true that you'd need fuel for the boat idea' date=' and yes, you might have snipers gunning for it.

But I doubt people will be able to steal it, 'cus you'll have six guys hidden in the treeline on the island, ready to shoot down anyone trying anything.

Obviously you wouldn't want people to swim out there. Basically, anyone trying to do so would be shot on sight.

The point of it is that it should be clear of Zs, and be extremely easy to defend.

As for fuel, you could use a Huey to go on supply runs, as has been the case for pretty much all other suggestions :P

About guns inside the area, couldn't you have people walking around in Surrender mode? If a trade then was to be made, people would ask permission and the guards would all know that someone not being in Surrender animation was ok.

You could even have just one guy allowed to do that at a time.

It takes a little while to get out of that animation, so it could work.

[/quote']

What happens if the boat is destroyed. There will be those off the island with nowhere to go, since they can no long go back to the camp and then there will be those stuck on the island, unable to get off...

A boat won't be easily hidden either, since most people stay near the coast and everyone spawn near it is as well.

Devil's castle would be my main bet. It has 3 or 4 stories and a wall to partially surround the camp. Zombies will be the only main problem, but that can be put down by the guards patrolling. There could be 1/2 on the bottom floor, then the next can have 2 and the next can have 2 and the top will have one to look out over the landscape for bandits.

The rest of the guards can be spread around the out walls.

We will also need tents and a fireplace, this means that we can cook the meat we get from hunting nearby animals. 5 cows will give us (5*8=40) 40 meat which we can cook, so that if we do take damage they can get 800 blood back per person.

Furthermore, On the island, getting supplies will take a long time, by the time the supply people travel to the city and gets enough loot (some people may get killed by bandits or zombies) and back would take around 20-30 minutes per run. Moreover, some loot may be terrible.

Devil's castle allows for our suppliers to go to the main airfield (great weapon loots) and nearby towns, which will provide ammunition, bandages, food cans, water and lower tier weapons.

Why not rog Or black mountain.

As i said before: a travelling Market would be supperior