SurvivalServers (DayZ)

Game Server Hosting by SurvivalServers.com *** INSTANT SETUP | CUSTOM CP | FTP | CUSTOM MODS | ANTI-HACK **

well i simply did not want to wait for these clowns to push the update and have done it myself. Everything works fine except humanity isnt updating still because i have to wait for them to get around to putting up the update for the new hive dll. If you know what you are doing and have a private hive you can update your server if you have bliss 4.0 installed and working already fairly easy. I would only do this if you are 100% sure you know what you are doing.

can you confirm its just a case of replacing the @dayz folder? I couldn't find much info on manually updating it and just wanted to be sure

to update dayz yes. if you are using bliss hive i would just wait unless you know how to build it correctly.

and it must be a private hive!

Edited by dmustanger

to update dayz yes. if you are using bliss hive i would just wait unless you know how to build it correctly.

and it must be a private hive!

Yeah its a bliss hive, I needed to run build.pl for some changes I wanted to make anyway. Gonna back everything I can up today and try it as my server has lost all of it's regular players because of the delay in these updates being released hopefully I don't break it.

Any ETA on the availability of 1.7.4.4? I think the vast majority of players have allready updated making all SS servers obsolete.

Any ETA on the availability of 1.7.4.4? I think the vast majority of players have allready updated making all SS servers obsolete.

Exactly

My server currently has 1 person in it...Last weekend it was a max capacity 40/40. ^^^

My server currently has 1 person in it...Last weekend it was a max capacity 40/40. ^^^

My server has 1 player in it, that is if I am playing on it.

How do i force spawn vehicles if dayz tools is not doing it? and ETA oin update.. you guys realize when you go silent it DOESN'T HELP A FUCKING THING.

I have just updated my server to 1.7.4.4 and latest BETA. It was avalaible through TCAdmin. Thanks for making the update available.

I have just updated my server to 1.7.4.4 and latest BETA. It was avalaible through TCAdmin. Thanks for making the update available.

Wait what? You Have 1.7.4.4 through TCAdmin? I dont... :(

It's probably a good thing they haven't released it yet as there is a fair few bugs, maps like namalask 0.60 is apparently not working with the latest bliss update, kill msges ain't working, wrecks and care packages ain't working, apparently servers are unstable and laggy, some servers have reported there server won't run if there is vehicles on it, some people getting stuck on loading, so i am not sure about you guys, but i wouldn't want an update full of bugs.

It's probably a good thing they haven't released it yet as there is a fair few bugs, maps like namalask 0.60 is apparently not working with the latest bliss update, kill msges ain't working, wrecks and care packages ain't working, apparently servers are unstable and laggy, some servers have reported there server won't run if there is vehicles on it, some people getting stuck on loading, so i am not sure about you guys, but i wouldn't want an update full of bugs.

Thanks for realizing that it is not always best to update right away. We do try and release updates shortly after release, but we definitely don't want to be dealing with tons of new bugs.

We will be releasing all of the new updates spread out over the next few days including 1.7.4.4, Bliss 4.2, updating our DayZTools feature, updating map tool.

We are also working on automating the order process so we can have more time to focus on tickets.

I know some of you are dying for the new updates and I assure you we're going to get them out there as fast as we can.

We released 1.7.4.4 and the new Beta updates for PUBLIC HIVE today. We're still working on private and community hive updates.

Sincerely,

Survival Servers

Edited by SurvivalServers
  • Like 1

Whats the status of getting rMod back on Private servers? Been waiting for a response or the option for two plus weeks. I understand the patchs and updates are coming rather quickly but my guys are dying to have their extra vehicles returned to our server.

MacMerritt, US 1087 ApocSim RP Server Admin/Owner

Besides the typical, "we are working on it, coming soon"

Is there any decent timeline for when we can expect the private hives to be updatable? People have lost interest in my server since I'm still on an older version. Some clear information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also anyone with any help in regards to doing a manual update would be appreciated as well.

Besides the typical, "we are working on it, coming soon"

Is there any decent timeline for when we can expect the private hives to be updatable? People have lost interest in my server since I'm still on an older version. Some clear information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Also anyone with any help in regards to doing a manual update would be appreciated as well.

I would love to know aswell. My server has had a handful of people on it all week due to this issue. SS seem to be the only hosting at the moment who has yet to update there servers. And surely, if you can update public hives, Why cant this be achieved with community and private hives.

All i want is a date to when it will be online ready to update. And this time, Dont go editing your post if you cant fufill. Just tell us straight when are these updates coming. And if you fall behind, let us know. dont edit expecting us to not notice.

Should i start looking else where, Or is this going to be the norm, upto a week behind the other companies.

So what is your time frame for updating servers from the time the update is released? 1 week? 2 weeks? a couple of days?

If you need help to update, you are better off just waiting for survival servers to update as you can break your server easy if you are not carefull.

If you need help to update, you are better off just waiting for survival servers to update as you can break your server easy if you are not carefull.

Yeah I figured. I'm fairly adept at that but I'm a trial and error kind of admin... Not really in the mood to go through all that. I hope the update is in fact soon.

I can't believe they still haven't upgraded the private hives, it's a total joke especially as the new patch doesn't require them to update anything else. If it takes these clowns this long to apply a patch every other major server host has been running for over a week now there is no hope for them.

I'm sure that when they eventually do roll out all these updates they are promising they will be late and full of problems and bugs. I am moving my server to another host. Claiming that the updates are delayed so you can also upgrade bliss and dayztools has no bearing on anything. The new patch has been proven to work on the outdated buggy version of bliss 4.0 SS run, and dayztools and their map just reads and writes sql data (badly in my experience) neither are required for a functioning server.

There's a reason this thread is full of angry comments about your service SS, no one is picking on you unnecessarily, you are doing a terrible job and clearly have no where near enough staff or experience. I'm sure support for your few remaining users who don't mind using totally outdated and non functioning software will improve once everyone else has cancelled their subscriptions and moved to a competent server host.

stop bitching about the update, you want it fast or done correctly, they are obv working on it... 1.7.4.4 is kinda buggy anyway.. so you're gonna bitch and get a buggy product and then bitch about that so stfu. and let them get it right.

stop bitching about the update, you want it fast or done correctly, they are obv working on it... 1.7.4.4 is kinda buggy anyway.. so you're gonna bitch and get a buggy product and then bitch about that so stfu. and let them get it right.

My server is buggy already and has been since day 1: it's 2 versions of bliss behind - humanitiy has never worked, it took 2 days and 2 support tickets to get the DayzTools script to ever spawn vehicles and it still doesn't work correctly. Vehicles repair themselves automatically (toolbox glitch on 1.7.3), ammo replenishes itself automatically, peoples inventories get wiped on logout, and more. I also had to wait 2 days with no server at all and no response from SS as to why. Switching the server to another map has never worked (yes I did change all the settings to point it to the correct DB).

Go play on one of the private hives hosted by any of the other server companies which is already running the new patch everything works better than my SS server. It's obviously not that hard to deploy bliss updates and patches if you have the right infastructure or every other host wouldn't do it so quickly. I have friends hosting private hives with other hosts and they have never had anywhere near the number of issues I have had with SS. None of them have been complaining about waves of bugs since the 1.7.4.4 update they certainly notice bugs when they use my server though.

They won't get it right even when they do make the updates. Nearly all the major providers were up on the new patch within a matter of hours. It's not like SS have some kind of amazing reputation for their stability, they're cheap and thats the only thing they have going for them.

Edited by seaweed

For one if this patch is so buggy, why is my server running just fine without any problems? Most people who are having problems have no clue how to run a server and they really shouldnt. If you have 0 coding/mysql experiance then a dayz server is not for you! Go back to cod. Anyways I have my server updated with 0 problems. Waiting weeks after a patch is out is not going to help anything. Get a better way of releasing the patch then fix your tools that should really work still unless they didnt work before. ( dont know as i dont use their fail tools to begin with).

Now they are tired of getting bitched at because they are failing and do not want to hear about it so they dont really post here anymore. They dont have their own forums (that should have been up before they opened their doors). So yes if you like sitting in a empty server by all means let them take their time, however i am not paying for a server to sit dormant so i expect all updates to be out within 24 hours of release unless their is a damn good reason as to why they cant release it. Has anyone heard of a GOOD reason as to why we are still waiting to see the last 2 bliss and newest dayz updates? I did not think so!

Edited by dmustanger

They dont have their own forums (that should have been up before they opened their doors).

Actually they do, they only ever advertised it when their service initially started getting poor. They reply on it even less than they do here though.

http://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php

I'm definitely not a customer any more (switched to a company that I have no complaints with), but this sure is an interesting thread to read :P!

Edited by GreatBigJerk