SurvivalServers (DayZ)

Game Server Hosting by SurvivalServers.com *** INSTANT SETUP | CUSTOM CP | FTP | CUSTOM MODS | ANTI-HACK **

No news from support, Server still down and status is "unknown" Ill give it a couple more hours before i start to get pissed off. whats annoying me the most is that there is no contact at all. no "your server is having issues, we will need to take it down etc" or "we are updating your server and it will down for a few hours" Absolutly nothing from SS, its just on unknown status. I logged out at 3am my time lastnight. Logged into the SS system to see how things are, and its down. ALL DAY.

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling, Bliss, Map, & Arma? I had to do that before to get my server going.

Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling, Bliss, Map, & Arma? I had to do that before to get my server going.

I cant because I cant connect though the SS system. Its like its fully disconnected. I cant change mods, Maps, install maps.

All i can do is see the mod list of what is installed. Yet if i try to alter anything, i get this msg "unable to connect to remote server" Its like the hardware is not there. No matter what i do. Nothing works or connects. I get a SQL error is i click on the file manager. The start stop and restart button are no longer there.

I dont mind down time, I dont mind the length of the downtime. But what i dont like, is not been told. Isnt this was support should be doing. Im gonna give it till tonight, UK time then im going to go else where i think. Like ive said, its not the down time, its the lack of communication. Its a joke

Edited by DayZGeneration

Oh damn i didnt know it was that bad bro. Im sure SS will take care of ya, and probably give you some sort of discount.

Oh damn i didnt know it was that bad bro. Im sure SS will take care of ya, and probably give you some sort of discount.

To be honest m8 all i want is communication, A server renting company should be founded on support and communication with their customers. I shouldnt have to wait all day for a reply. Even if they are updating software. mods etc for customers. They are cutting corners as they should hire systems support. to do just that. support. And if they cant do it with one guy in a set amount of time. They should hire some more people untill they have a system in which is for the customers interest which is time, offciant. This waiting all day for just a reply, Not a fix, a reply is pathetic.

Edited by DayZGeneration

When i changed my map to namalsk everyone spwn in the water. what exactly do i have to change to change maps?

When i changed my map to namalsk everyone spwn in the water. what exactly do i have to change to change maps?

Commandline Manager

Edited by DayZGeneration

Well this explains why my server that I purchased at 8am this morning is still not up. its been 8 hours now and I think that's a bit on the long side, DayZGeneration does your server reside in Texas? Because that is where I rented mine.

Well this explains why my server that I purchased at 8am this morning is still not up. its been 8 hours now and I think that's a bit on the long side, DayZGeneration does your server reside in Texas? Because that is where I rented mine.

No, mines an EU server.

here is the reply i got from support, Im not sure what to make of it as like i said, my friends server is still up, in the same location connected to the same community hive. Anyway, this is what support sent me.

Hey David, our server host in Europe made a huge mistake and took our server down 2 weeks before our next bill was even due.

They will be bringing it back online soon, we cannot even log into Remote desktop right now.

So sorry for this inconvenience, we are very upset with our host for doing this.

All of your data is saved, everything will return to normal soon.

Sincerely,

Survival Servers

Whats annoying me is that it took me a few days to get some players on my server. regulars. Now they have probably moved on due to the downtime. I cant even make a post on my forum to update people on the progress, as i have no info apart from a misunderstanding paying a bill?. The first msg from support blew my mind. I got told it would be looked at when he gets home. And here is me thinking there is a team supporting the servers. Not some guy getting around to it when he has time. Sorry SS, this is not good enough. You dont have a forum so we can contact you, or customers have a place to put logs and may share experiences. But you created this thread, Yet you have not replied to this thread in days and there has been a few questions answered since your last visit. You expect us to wait hours just for a reply, then a few more hours to be told there its a missunderstanding with a bill.

Edited by DayZGeneration

I agree its been 24 hours since I paid for my server and I have yet to get a response to the ticket I opened late last night asking for a status which has now been open for 12 hours without a response. All I did was ask what the situation is why is it taking so long to setup my server, I don't mind waiting a day but its the lack of communication and then on top of that the fact that I've already paid and now I'm on a subscription where I have now lost a day and have had no server to show for it.

Your post above this worries me as it sounds like only one individual is doing all this and not a team.

Edited by Balinoar

Mine seems to be back online. so, 30ish hours offline. I just wish they had better communication, at least its up. Grrrrrr - SS, PLEASE get better at letting customers know and keeping them in the loop. Get quicker at response times and you cant leave it 4 hours between replies. This just wont do.

Balinoar, My server was online within 12hours of ordering. and it does say within 24hours, so, if its not online within then. let them know you are not happy.

Everything has been taken care of, the server is being setup and My billing is being adjusted so it starts today! Great service, a little slow but I will chalk that up to the holidays. I look forward to a long and pleasant server rental experience.

Mine seems to be back online. so, 30ish hours offline. I just wish they had better communication, at least its up. Grrrrrr - SS, PLEASE get better at letting customers know and keeping them in the loop. Get quicker at response times and you cant leave it 4 hours between replies. This just wont do.

Balinoar, My server was online within 12hours of ordering. and it does say within 24hours, so, if its not online within then. let them know you are not happy.

Please stop bashing us on the forums, it is not deserved and we have always treated you with respect. Keep in mind you are only on 1 of our servers, 99% of our customers were not affected by this issue and it is not right to make us look bad for something out of our control. There is nothing we can do if our host in Germany randomly shuts down one of our servers without any notice, we are unable to notify you. Our host has told us this will not happen again, it was a huge mistake on their end. We would have notified you if we could have and I'm reimbursing your account with $5 right now.

We do have a support team, there is 3 of us. We have a policy of 24 hours MAXIMUM for reply time on all support issues. Lately, support tickets have been answered much faster than the maximum 24 hours.

For example, your most recent ticket was answered within 7 hours on the first reply and 3 hours on the second reply. We're not trying to pick a fight, please let me know if there is anything else you may need.

Client

11/20/2012 05:13

Staff

11/20/2012 12:24

Client

11/20/2012 12:58

Staff

11/20/2012 16:10

Everything has been taken care of, the server is being setup and My billing is being adjusted so it starts today! Great service, a little slow but I will chalk that up to the holidays. I look forward to a long and pleasant server rental experience.

UPDATE: All pending orders will be filled by the end of the night.

Edited by SurvivalServers

Please stop bashing us on the forums, it is not deserved and we have always treated you with respect.

We do have a support team, there is 3 of us.

If you want people to stop bashing your comapany then you guys need to do a better job! It has been over a week that we have waited for bliss 4.1! Very little database changes......This should have been out 2 days max after it was released.

Bliss 4.2 is out now, sooooo are we going to have to wait another whole damn week after you get off your ass and decide to get to it? If you cant keep up with everything wich you obviously cant HIRE SOME MORE DAMN people!. If you cant hire more people stop taking orders!!! And get the customers you do have satisfied before you lose them all. Now im not really upset, as this update dosnt affect our server. HOWEVER the dayz update is out and without that we lose most our player base while you may decide if you are going to do your job today.

Name:

US 56 Chernarus | SurvivalServers.com Hive (v1.7.3/Beta 98866) [Regular] [3DP:ON CH:ON] [GMT-8] - hosted by Brown Private DayZ

The name is required. Connection Info: 216.245.195.26:6302 FTP: 216.245.195.26: Status: Unknown

I am having similar problems today. My server has been up and down all day and now status unknown. Put in a ticket 822257, bummer I planned a long gaming session tonight. No sand in my vajayjay like some of the folks (who must be Apple fanboys) though just anxiously awaiting a fix.

SS can you please touch bases with us and let us know whats going on with the new Dayz Patch as well as the new Bliss. Thanks before hand and Happy Thanksgiving

Please stop bashing us on the forums, it is not deserved and we have always treated you with respect. Keep in mind you are only on 1 of our servers, 99% of our customers were not affected by this issue and it is not right to make us look bad for something out of our control. There is nothing we can do if our host in Germany randomly shuts down one of our servers without any notice, we are unable to notify you. Our host has told us this will not happen again, it was a huge mistake on their end. We would have notified you if we could have and I'm reimbursing your account with $5 right now.

We do have a support team, there is 3 of us. We have a policy of 24 hours MAXIMUM for reply time on all support issues. Lately, support tickets have been answered much faster than the maximum 24 hours.

For example, your most recent ticket was answered within 7 hours on the first reply and 3 hours on the second reply. We're not trying to pick a fight, please let me know if there is anything else you may need.

Client

11/20/2012 05:13

Staff

11/20/2012 12:24

Client

11/20/2012 12:58

Staff

11/20/2012 16:10

UPDATE: All pending orders will be filled by the end of the night.

You gotta be kidding me??. The first ticket wasnt answered. You said is was an issue witht he TC admin, When in fact I had to tell you that the server was completely down, offline. Then, hours later, You say something along the lines of an issue with a bill with the host who you rent off? You think this is answering a ticket? You didnt have a clue what was going on originally. Then, I get a msg saying you will sort it "When you get Home" What the hell? Answering a ticket, Its fixing the problem. Yes, it was out of your hands with the datahouse and bill mixup, but until you find out 100% what the issue it. dont assume. But, you sent me that first msg without actually looking at the issue, you just assumed it was that bug with TCAdmin not connecting. When it wasnt. If you are going to reply to a ticket, a ticket which im sure the person has waited patiantly for. Look at the issue. Dont assume.

And this is not mention you saying we will have bliss 4.1 on monday, but then went on to edit your post. No mention of an update on that? What about the latest Day update 1.7.4?. Every other server out there are running these updates. But... im guessing this is bashing you as well.

You cant expect people to wait hours and hours, and maybe days to get a reply, or a fix. I dont have an issue with your hardware that you rent out. its great, Ive not had one issue. No lag, its great. But you seriously have got to work on your support, and time scale of reporting back to a customer. This is my gripe with you. The price, hardware atucaly features, Top notch, Support, Work on it.

Edited by DayZGeneration
  • Like 1

Just to say, my personal experiences with support have been above and beyond. They are a little slow pushing out new updates but I would rather have a delayed release than a broken server. My tickets are always answered within the time promised. Most issues that arise from my server are generally cause by something I did or I'm able to fix myself. A few times I've had to involve support but when I did they always responded with fix or an ETA to when it should be fixed. I'm sorry so many of you have been burned, however, I feel you don't recognized how complicated of a setup all of this is. Patience is a virtue..

well i simply did not want to wait for these clowns to push the update and have done it myself. Everything works fine except humanity isnt updating still because i have to wait for them to get around to putting up the update for the new hive dll. If you know what you are doing and have a private hive you can update your server if you have bliss 4.0 installed and working already fairly easy. I would only do this if you are 100% sure you know what you are doing.

• Like 2

well i simply did not want to wait for these clowns to push the update and have done it myself. Everything works fine except humanity isnt updating still because i have to wait for them to get around to putting up the update for the new hive dll. If you know what you are doing and have a private hive you can update your server if you have bliss 4.0 installed and working already fairly easy. I would only do this if you are 100% sure you know what you are doing.

thanks man didnt realize doing it myself was even an option I'm going to give it a go now :D