SurvivalServers (DayZ)

Game Server Hosting by SurvivalServers.com *** INSTANT SETUP | CUSTOM CP | FTP | CUSTOM MODS | ANTI-HACK **

stop bitching about the update, you want it fast or done correctly, they are obv working on it... 1.7.4.4 is kinda buggy anyway.. so you're gonna bitch and get a buggy product and then bitch about that so stfu. and let them get it right.

Yet they have updated public hives which makes your point MUTE

First and last month with SS, after this month is up, Im switching hosts. They are a joke. I should of taken notice from the complaints before I rented. First few days, they answered all my questions about there TCadmin system and how to use it correctly. But when it comes to the nitty gritty of updates, server issues and actual support, they fail.

My advise to anyone, Stay clear of this company. If you can call them that.

For one if this patch is so buggy, why is my server running just fine without any problems? Most people who are having problems have no clue how to run a server and they really shouldnt. If you have 0 coding/mysql experiance then a dayz server is not for you! Go back to cod. Anyways I have my server updated with 0 problems. Waiting weeks after a patch is out is not going to help anything. Get a better way of releasing the patch then fix your tools that should really work still unless they didnt work before. ( dont know as i dont use their fail tools to begin with).

Now they are tired of getting bitched at because they are failing and do not want to hear about it so they dont really post here anymore. They dont have their own forums (that should have been up before they opened their doors). So yes if you like sitting in a empty server by all means let them take their time, however i am not paying for a server to sit dormant so i expect all updates to be out within 24 hours of release unless their is a damn good reason as to why they cant release it. Has anyone heard of a GOOD reason as to why we are still waiting to see the last 2 bliss and newest dayz updates? I did not think so!

We skipped 4.1 because there were no major changes to the database.

4.2 as well as 1.7.4.4 will be ready tonight/tomorrow depending on what we accomplish tonight.

I posted here on Sunday saying the updates would be ready within a few days.

We're normally releasing updates shortly after they are released, we have a lot of changes and maintenance going on right now with our admin tools and we want to be sure everything is smooth upon release.

Stay tuned for the release coming very soon!

Thank you to those of you who have been very kind and professional as you patiently wait for the updates.

Edited by SurvivalServers

We skipped 4.1 because there were no major changes to the database.

This is a sad excuse as to why not to release a patch. If there are no database changes it makes it a very easy update to put out.

4.2 as well as 1.7.4.4 will be ready tonight/tomorrow depending on what we accomplish tonight.

I posted here on Sunday saying the updates would be ready within a few days.

Yes you did, However this was 4 days after the patch was released! so here it is almost a week later and still waiting!

We're normally releasing updates shortly after they are released, we have a lot of changes and maintenance going on right now with our admin tools and we want to be sure everything is smooth upon release.

You do not release updates shortly after they are released. Its always 4-7 days after the fact, this is not "shortly" in my eyes. "Shortly" would be 24 hours or less. Stop blaming the admin tools for delays of updates. They have nothing to do with anything other than the fact you are charging for something that you can do on your own.

This is a sad excuse as to why not to release a patch. If there are no database changes it makes it a very easy update to put out.

Yes you did, However this was 4 days after the patch was released! so here it is almost a week later and still waiting!

You do not release updates shortly after they are released. Its always 4-7 days after the fact, this is not "shortly" in my eyes. "Shortly" would be 24 hours or less. Stop blaming the admin tools for delays of updates. They have nothing to do with anything other than the fact you are charging for something that you can do on your own.

That is completely false. We normally have updates within 24 hours for all beta patches and DayZ versions. Like 1.7.3 and 98866 were released almost immediately, as well as all updates before that.

Apparently you're not quite understanding how Admin tools work. When there is Database changes we have to update our tools as well because they are ALL linked to the MySQL Database.

Charging for something you can do on your own? Do you have a tool that removes wire fencing and tank traps, spawns vehicles whenever you want without needing to go into the Database? You can even create custom spawns integrated with the Run task in DayzTools. So please enlighten me as to how you can do all of these things on your own without a tool connecting to the MySQL database?

UPDATE: Bliss 4.2 and DayZ 1.7.4.4 are 99% complete. We're having 1 issue with the Celle map, all other maps are working great and have been tested. The update should be ready by Wednesday evening once we get Celle working. We do not want to release it without Celle because it would be unfair to some of our customers if they had no admin tools and were still stuck on the older versions.

Charging for something you can do on your own? Do you have a tool that removes wire fencing and tank traps, spawns vehicles whenever you want without needing to go into the Database? You can even create custom spawns integrated with the Run task in DayzTools. So please enlighten me as to how you can do all of these things on your own without a tool connecting to the MySQL database?

No but I can also create custom spawns using the map tool provided to me by my new Dayz.st server which lets me define vehicle spawns wherever I want without touching the db. They offer pretty much everything you do for the same money, the only feature I miss is being able to switch maps without starting a new database and that never even worked on my SS private hive. I even installed my own copy of BlissAdmin which is actually up to date and works properly unlike yours.

Your Dayztool does nothing useful for the price you charge people for it, $5 for automated removal of deployables and out of bound vehicles that's literally it. I hope you enjoy having a reduced workload now all your remaining customers are leaving maybe one day you'll manage to write something that works properly.

I'm glad I will never have to deal with your company again, you managed about 5 days of satisfactory hosting in over 3 weeks, with 3 days down time. GREAT WORK.

Edited by seaweed
  • Like 3

Apparently you're not quite understanding how Admin tools work. When there is Database changes we have to update our tools as well because they are ALL linked to the MySQL Database.

I do understand how your tools work and dont act like you wrote the complete script on your own. I am pretty sure you copied and pasted 99% of the perl scripts that come with the hive. Removing wire fencing and tank traps, and spawning vehicles can all be done with the db_spawn_vehicles.pl that comes with the hive. Not hard to set a cron job on that one. Custom spawns are not that difficult either if you know what you are doing. Changing the time can be done in the ini. All your tools do is put everything in easy mode for people that dont know what they are doing. But keep making excuses as to why it takes so long to release updates when it is nothing to do with your tools as there are no major database changes. If your tools are not working it is because they did not work before!

Edited by dmustanger
  • Like 2

Yes, lets complain some more about the same shit please...Keep doing what your doing SS, looking forward to these updates.

Yes, lets complain some more about the same shit please...Keep doing what your doing SS, looking forward to these updates.

we wouldnt be complaing about the same thing if ss would up there game and get inline with their competition wich offers all the stuff for a better price with better "tools" and have updates out within 24 hours and dont take 12 hours to answer support tickets for simple fixes.

Edited by dmustanger
  • Like 4

Guys,

I rent a public hive server (so we are clear on that :) )

Today I noticed some script kiddie spawned a huge structure on NW airfield. Of course I don't take kindly to those type of shenanigans so I went to TCAdmin and restarted the server.

Nothing happened? The server restarts but the structure is still there?

So I decided to stop the server completely and then start it again.

Nothing happened? Structure is still there.

What can I do to make sure it dissapears? Any help or insight on this matter? How is it even remotely possible for an illegal structure to be spawned in by some script kiddie and remain after a full server restart?

btw, the structure is the same type as the well known 'thunderdome' camp.

Updating 1.7.4 stuck at 10%, logged out, tried again, stuck at 10%, Tried to put 1.7.3 back on. stuck at 10%

Well, Its updated, But now we get stuck at "wait for host" Everything is updated client side and server side.

Script restriction #40 kick.

It just gets better, does anything work as intended???

Edited by DayZGeneration

Updating 1.7.4 stuck at 10%, logged out, tried again, stuck at 10%, Tried to put 1.7.3 back on. stuck at 10%

Well, Its updated, But now we get stuck at "wait for host" Everything is updated client side and server side.

Script restriction #40 kick.

It just gets better, does anything work as intended???

Exactly same issue here, updated and now nobody can join stuck at waiting for host :(

Rofl

Followed the email instructions to the letter my private hive is now broken and is stuck at wait for host.

Exactly why we cancelled our subscription, at the rate these people fix problems we probably won't even get a chance to tell the few members we had left to our hive our new hosts details.

I Uninstalled bliss 4.2 and reinstalled 4.0 i also installed 1.7.4.4 and i got the server working but it will not work with Bliss 4.2.

So roll back bliss to 4.0 and use 1.7.4.4 and it should work.

Have some beans

This worked.

Have some beans

This worked.

Anyone having issues please submit a ticket with a detailed description of the issue you have.

We already have tons of customers on the private hive who have successfully transferred over to Bliss 4.2 and 1.7.4.4

Anyone having issues please submit a ticket with a detailed description of the issue you have.

We already have tons of customers on the private hive who have successfully transferred over to Bliss 4.2 and 1.7.4.4

UPDATE: We have identified an issue with the Mission files. It will be fixed within 1 hour!

Detailed description?! Followed the exact steps you told us to in an email - server never gets past waiting for host

Edited by seaweed

UPDATE:

Wait for host issue has been fixed!!!

All you have to do is reinstall Bliss 4.2 and your done!

We just applied the fix to all of our servers.

Bliss 4.2 and 1.7.4.4 should be fully functioning and running great.