rocket

Major Update Pending: 1.7.0

This just happened to me too. My server updated Battleye - and then proceeded to kick EVERYONE.

It happens. That's an issue with Battleye, not DayZ. You can manually update Battleye.

It happens. That's an issue with Battleye' date=' not DayZ. You can manually update Battleye.

[/quote']

Pray tell, how?

Ive downloaded the beta patch and when I try to run the game via the shortcut that was attached to it, my game runs only Arma 2.

Its only the arma 2 logotype showing in the bottom left corner.

I have no problem launching combined operations from steam, but when I try to do it with the beta patch it only runs arma 2.

Has anyone had the same problem and fixed it?

Ive tried to solve it without any sucess.

Thank you.

Are people still have trouble with camo making them spawn in the ocean in 1.7?

Are people still have trouble with camo making them spawn in the ocean in 1.7?

Yes.

Is anyone else having major connections issues in the evening lately? (Europe)

It's been going on for days now that every time me and my friends play in the evening (from 7 to 12 or so) that all the servers are lagging immensely, and it's quite unplayable. In the daytime there isn't a problem at all. Is anyone familiar with the problem?

I experienced not being able to connect this evening, while being able to connect just fine in the afternoon, but it might be a separate problem.

Same problem here. Game is completely unplayable during EU prime. Lags are way too heavy on any server.

Rocket had a very good post in the Server forum:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9610

HIVE is now integrated with the server. Currently, because of the way it works, the server will stop while it awaits a response from the central server for some queries it makes. So the server simply stops responding to any messages while it is processing a query. Normally, this happens instantly. Sometimes it may take some time, especially if transient internet issues cause connection problems to the central server.

We're working on the issue.

Vehicles causing lag when damaged also:

The issue is because on every damage to the vehicle, it is saving updates (with required pauses).

this is unplayable

servers can barely be connected too, receiving data still takes ages

if the servers don't restart every 2 minutes it seems they are buggy to shit

Anyone know when 1.7.1 will come?

lets just hope it is soon. any update to fix the problems 1.7 created would be great:)

Not sure if it's majorly related to the 0.9.2 -> 0.9.3 Hive update, the 1.60 to 1.61 ArmA update, the DayZ 1.7.0 update or other server issues, however every server I tried to play on tonight has given me nothing but grief. Other players cannot see me and I can't see them, when I do see someone they disappear shortly after (if they are moving). Shots almost don't register on players (took 17 rounds of 7.62 to kill a bandit earlier - each one was point blank) and zombies seem to have taken a new liking to Michael Jackson's Thriller slide dance as they lag gracefully around.

Have also seen numerous servers with the 0 zombies bug. Food and other supplies have been disappearing from inventories.

Game confirmed for unplayable :D

Did ye not read the quotes i posted 4 posts back? Rocket EXPLAINED why its like this and also said they are trying to fix it.

Did ye not read the quotes i posted 4 posts back? Rocket EXPLAINED why its like this and also said they are trying to fix it.

I READ POSTS FOR NO MAN!

Also, no I didn't bother going back to read all 10 pages :( please forgive me

EDIT: Turns out I did see that exact quote, "We're working on it" is almost as bad as the "when it's ready" response. They're not even saying what they're doing to fix it, of course people are going to flip their poop. Not justifying my response but parroting really doesn't help.

EDIT: Turns out I did see that exact quote' date=' "We're working on it" is almost as bad as the "when it's ready" response. They're not even saying what they're doing to fix it, of course people are going to flip their poop. Not justifying my response but parroting really doesn't help.

[/quote']

Im sure Rocket is working on a written apology right now for you.

Honestly though, its an alpha mod you paid nothing for it so where does the righteous "tell me now" "fix it now" attitude come from? The quote i posted did say exactly what the problem was, they are fixing it by doing whatever they do.

I agree the mod is broken at the moment and I have stopped playing until the next patch arrives, and that is the exact reason im on the forums to keep an eye out for the patch announcement.

Play another game in the mean time and relax some.

EDIT: Turns out I did see that exact quote' date=' "We're working on it" is almost as bad as the "when it's ready" response. They're not even saying what they're doing to fix it, of course people are going to flip their poop. Not justifying my response but parroting really doesn't help.

[/quote']

Im sure Rocket is working on a written apology right now for you.

Honestly though, its an alpha mod you paid nothing for it so where does the righteous "tell me now" "fix it now" attitude come from? The quote i posted did say exactly what the problem was, they are fixing it by doing whatever they do.

I agree the mod is broken at the moment and I have stopped playing until the next patch arrives, and that is the exact reason im on the forums to keep an eye out for the patch announcement.

Play another game in the mean time and relax some.

I agree. Everyone should calm down. Rocket is now currently working full time on the mod (or rumor says so), and it will get fixed. If the game is unplayable, go play a different game.

I will say though, BI should really invest more paid individuals (are they already doing so?) because of the increase in sales they never really thought would take place. Support the game more, it's going to make Arma 3 far more important it was going to be.

I don't get it. I've been playing on 1.7 and beta updated servers all week and it seems fine to me.

The people on this board, treating this like a AAA MMO that they've paid prom prices and monthly sub fees for is infuriating me.

Entitlement lives.

Honestly though' date=' its an alpha mod you paid nothing for it so where does the righteous "tell me now" "fix it now" attitude come from? The quote i posted did say exactly what the problem was, they are fixing it by doing whatever they do.[/quote']

Lol. Paid nothing for? Tell that to all the people who bought Arma 2: CO almost SPECIFICALLY for DayZ (5 times the amount of those who bought it for the actual game). I don't agree with any sort of "fix it now" attitude, but some people may be right when they wonder why the developer hasn't put a little more resources into this mod, and made it a little more "official." Its going places! They should run with it!

Of course, I'll bet ya they care less about Arma 2 than their new Arma 3. Why support all their new sales when they can make us all buy Arma 3?