rocket

Major Update Pending: 1.7.0

The desync has to do with the mod not arma as I understand it... I too bought CO just to play this but it was my choice i knew it was an alpha mod and I expected problems... the devs can hardly be blamed for people having unrealistic expectations.

Of course' date=' I'll bet ya they care less about Arma 2 than their new Arma 3. Why support all their new sales when they can make us all buy Arma 3?

[/quote']

Funny thing, they are releasing new DLC for Arma 2, and i dunno if you came from December 2012, but Arma 3 ain't out yet. they won't drop support for 2 until 3 is well and truly out

Honestly though' date=' its an alpha mod you paid nothing for it so where does the righteous "tell me now" "fix it now" attitude come from? The quote i posted did say exactly what the problem was, they are fixing it by doing whatever they do.[/quote']

Lol. Paid nothing for? Tell that to all the people who bought Arma 2: CO almost SPECIFICALLY for DayZ (5 times the amount of those who bought it for the actual game). I don't agree with any sort of "fix it now" attitude, but some people may be right when they wonder why the developer hasn't put a little more resources into this mod, and made it a little more "official." Its going places! They should run with it!

YES. You paid NOTHING for this mod! Its FREE! ...DERP!

It's nobody's fault but your own IF YOU choose to buy a retail game (ArmA 2 : CO) and decide to only play mods for it.

How about complaining to someone who cares, or go play ArmA 2/AO? (since you spent $20-30 on it)

Rocket and the "Team" (of volunteers) don't see a dime for their hard work on this mod!

So they are supposed to take time off from their jobs to work for FREE on this because it became popular on accident?

Let's not forget that this mod gets updated more than AAA game "Beta's" from major studios.

It's an "Alpha" mod, not game. Nobody promised you anything would work fully, or makes you play. Get over it.

Honestly though' date=' its an alpha mod you paid nothing for it so where does the righteous "tell me now" "fix it now" attitude come from? The quote i posted did say exactly what the problem was, they are fixing it by doing whatever they do.[/quote']

Lol. Paid nothing for? Tell that to all the people who bought Arma 2: CO almost SPECIFICALLY for DayZ (5 times the amount of those who bought it for the actual game). I don't agree with any sort of "fix it now" attitude, but some people may be right when they wonder why the developer hasn't put a little more resources into this mod, and made it a little more "official." Its going places! They should run with it!

Of course, I'll bet ya they care less about Arma 2 than their new Arma 3. Why support all their new sales when they can make us all buy Arma 3?

Go play the proper game because you didn't pay anything for the mod.

I paid for the mod. Arma2 sucks, dont like it. Find it highly confusing with so many expansions/mods. Makes it super hard to find a server. Be different, if I played it at its peak.

But Dayz, i find a game easy.

Then Im not with the others. Who say fix it now! i paid for it! But I indeed paid for it...

I know its a mod. But if the developers of arma2. Cant see the gem that is Dayz. I dunno what to tell them. They should already be all on it, running with it.

Look at how popular this mod is, its not even marketed. Just a bunch of zombie fans, searching for zombies. Then finding a super nice mod.

This mod will outsell all sales of arma combined. If done right. Its a gold mine in the making in a MMO setting.

Market for simulated warfare is not even remotely close to zombie fanatics. That are dieing for a game like this. Which there is not a flooded market for.

I feel thats what all these "QQ fix it now" people want. Is for the studio to take this game, then sell it on its own.

Id pre-order it in a heartbeat. Along with any expansions. Long as the love for the game remains from Rocket.

Or tack it on for arma3 as a actual game mode. Watch it drive the sales of that game. Then sell expansions separate for each, including dayz. Anything where they get more (paid) developers, to polish the product. Im all for.

BTW love the attitude Rocket :] I know this game, will have a heavy impact on all future endevours for Mr. Rocket. Im sure he's held in much higher like, at current studio because of it.

One look at server listings for "Arma2" is all the proof I need.

Lol. Paid nothing for? Tell that to all the people who bought Arma 2: CO almost SPECIFICALLY for DayZ (5 times the amount of those who bought it for the actual game). I don't agree with any sort of "fix it now" attitude' date=' but some people may be right when they wonder why the developer hasn't put a little more resources into this mod, and made it a little more "official." Its going places! They should run with it!

Of course, I'll bet ya they care less about Arma 2 than their new Arma 3. Why support all their new sales when they can make us all buy Arma 3?

[/quote']

Don't you see that your spoiled mongering only damages the project?

It must be kept simple and free, production-wise - otherwise it's goodbye to the magic. So, shut up and please step out of this artwork if you do not have the patience and / or enough sense to grasp the concept. Long live experimentation - long live the development of anti-gaming!

But I'm afraid it has already gone too far. Arthrodesis might be a fact.

I paid for the mod. Arma2 sucks' date=' dont like it. Find it highly confusing with so many expansions/mods. Makes it super hard to find a server. Be different, if I played it at its peak.

But Dayz, i find a game easy.

Then Im not with the others. Who say fix it now! i paid for it! But I indeed paid for it...

I know its a mod. But if the developers of arma2. Cant see the gem that is Dayz. I dunno what to tell them. They should already be all on it, running with it.

Look at how popular this mod is, its not even marketed. Just a bunch of zombie fans, searching for zombies. Then finding a super nice mod.

This mod will outsell all sales of arma combined. If done right. Its a gold mine in the making in a MMO setting.

Market for simulated warfare is not even remotely close to zombie fanatics. That are dieing for a game like this. Which there is not a flooded market for.

I feel thats what all these "QQ fix it now" people want. Is for the studio to take this game, then sell it on its own.

Id pre-order it in a heartbeat. Along with any expansions. Long as the love for the game remains from Rocket.

Or tack it on for arma3 as a actual game mode. Watch it drive the sales of that game. Then sell expansions separate for each, including dayz. Anything where they get more (paid) developers, to polish the product. Im all for.

BTW love the attitude Rocket :'] I know this game, will have a heavy impact on all future endevours for Mr. Rocket. Im sure he's held in much higher like, at current studio because of it.

One look at server listings for "Arma2" is all the proof I need.

You didn't pay for DayZ.

You paid to play ArmA 2: CO and the Mod is basically a fucking bonus.

I didn't. I would have never bought Arma 2 if it wasn't for the mod. Lost all interest for the franchise after OFP Cold War Crisis and its expansions. Even now, Arma doesn't even come close to how good that game was.

I didn't. I would have never bought Arma 2 if it wasn't for the mod. Lost all interest for the franchise after OFP Cold War Crisis and its expansions. Even now' date=' Arma doesn't even come close to how good that game was.

[/quote']

Too bad then. Because as it stands you still bought CO. You never paid a dime for DayZ, only for CO which DayZ is a modification of.

Just because you paid just for DayZ doesn't mean you paid for DayZ.

Too bad then. Because as it stands you still bought CO. You never paid a dime for DayZ' date=' only for CO which DayZ is a modification of.

[/quote']

I will quote here:

May the force be with you.-

-.-

Too bad then. Because as it stands you still bought CO. You never paid a dime for DayZ' date=' only for CO which DayZ is a modification of.

[/quote']

I will quote here:

May the force be with you.-

-.-

And may the beans be with you, young bandito.

I didn't. I would have never bought Arma 2 if it wasn't for the mod. Lost all interest for the franchise after OFP Cold War Crisis and its expansions. Even now' date=' Arma doesn't even come close to how good that game was.

[/quote']

Too bad then. Because as it stands you still bought CO. You never paid a dime for DayZ, only for CO which DayZ is a modification of.

Don't get me wrong, I love DayZ. I don't mind the bugs, glitches and whatnot, I know it's an alpha and understand the meaning of it.

I just didn't completely agree with your statement.

I can't WAIT for this patch!!!

Really, I wish it was out weeks ago!

My hands smell like tires.

Really' date=' I wish it was out weeks ago!

[/quote']

you cant wait for 1.7.1 :D 1.7 was complete shit and buggy.

Really' date=' I wish it was out weeks ago!

[/quote']

you cant wait for 1.7.1 :D 1.7 was complete shit and buggy.

But tis is a fuckinh alpha11!""! 1.7.1 comes befor 1.7.0 alwayzy!!"?

I can not wait :D

1.7 Zombie aggros are so weird. I can fire a m16 in the middle of town and not aggro anything yet i can be in a crotch walk and piss everything off.

1.7 has been a godsend compared to 1.6.0.1, at least in my personal experience. I'm sorry there are those with issues still.

... i can be in a crotch walk and piss everything ...

Indeed you can, but should you?